PDA

View Full Version : external USB mixers with VDJ

Nile
25-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi all.

When I first tinkered with VDJ and setup my current system I started with the basic Hercules 2 mixer.
Now having used it for a while, it is fairly limited & therefore I feel the need to fiddle! And so am contemplating what else there is out there.
There are several obviously that are compatable - but what to choose?
???
better control of the samples, effects - in fact most things would be good, !!

Thoughts anyone?
:)
cheers......

thex-faders
25-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi all.

When I first tinkered with VDJ and setup my current system I started with the basic Hercules 2 mixer.
Now having used it for a while, it is fairly limited & therefore I feel the need to fiddle! And so am contemplating what else there is out there.
There are several obviously that are compatable - but what to choose?
???
better control of the samples, effects - in fact most things would be good, !!

Thoughts anyone?
:)
cheers......

Hi Nile,
Are you looking for another all in one uni like the hercules with mixer and jog wheels all-in-one
Or for a midi controller to control the software and say a soundcard and powered mixer?

Nile
26-05-2009, 07:28 AM
ooohh!
dunno
:-)
I guess an all in one - i.e. like the hercules - but with more capabilities.
there is the new hercules, but it will mean forking out for the package including the new software, and I dont really get the use to justify spending that much really.......
??

Nile
27-05-2009, 07:56 PM
anyone???

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Denon HC4500.

Nile
28-05-2009, 03:02 PM
hmm.
why?
looked at these, and thought they looked pretty basic really.Much like a standard 2 CD setup. and rack mounted arent they?
can you embelish your thoughts and tell me different?
I have also seen the behringer BDC 2000 that looks similar to mine but with more.. anyone have any experience of such?
ta........

Larry B Entertainment
28-05-2009, 03:12 PM
hmm.
why?
looked at these, and thought they looked pretty basic really.Much like a standard 2 CD setup. and rack mounted arent they?
can you embelish your thoughts and tell me different?

They may look a bit basic but they are still quite advanced.
They are designed to look like a standard CD deck controller and be fitted in a flight case as such. Its only a human interface device, all the processing is done on the software end so they don't need all the bells and whistles.

If you are looking for something that physically looks a bit more high tech, look at the Hercules RMX.