PDA

View Full Version : S - Video to VGA Adaptor

DJMaxG
27-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Is there such thing as an S Video to VGA Adaptor, to enable me to connect a PC to My LCD TV.

[/quote]
The Geforce 5000 Graphics card in our computer downstairs has an S Video, but it doesn't work.[/quote]

That is an example of what has happened before, this is a totally different case. I am custom building a computer, may get a motherboard with integrated graphics card. It's not a definately, but could happen.

I would like to know if it didn't have an S Video Output, could I buy an adaptor of some description to convert the VGA/DSub connector to S Video.
Max

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-05-2009, 10:30 AM
I used to use one of these (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35258) years ago for karaoke before I started using tft's etc

DJMaxG
27-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I used to use one of these (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35258) years ago for karaoke before I started using tft's etc

Looks Good, I've seen your post on it before. :)

I might get one, but there's probably a simpler option.

Shakermaker Promotions
27-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Has the LCD got an S-Video input? You should be able to go straight from the lappy to the LCD with that.

DJMaxG
27-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Has the LCD got an S-Video input? You should be able to go straight from the lappy to the LCD with that.

I have been offered the PC from downstairs, so looks like I sharnt be building one from scratch after all. I will be upgrading a couple of parts though to enable it to work well.

There is an S - Video on this one fortunately at the moment.

Jiggles
27-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Is it turned on in the Nvidea control panel when the TV is connected as dual screen or mirror. :sj:

DJMaxG
27-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Is it turned on in the Nvidea control panel when the TV is connected as dual screen or mirror. :sj:

no wonder it wasn't working before. Config settings :)

It is possible to use the S Video as one main output though, right?