PDA

View Full Version : Jbl Eon G2

DJ Jules
30-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the original JBL EON series of speakers (and specifically their stop gap upgrade - the G2 - before they redesigned them recently?)

I've been offered a pair of the amplified version (JBL EON15 G2) for £400 for the pair including JBL padded carry bags - seems a bit too good to be true as I know the new version of these cost about £1450/pair and these are still selling for £500/each. What made me wonder about them is that on eBay the original EON's only seem to fetch something like £500-£600/pair?

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with these units?

Julian

CRAZY K
30-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the original JBL EON series of speakers (and specifically their stop gap upgrade - the G2 - before they redesigned them recently?)

I've been offered a pair of the amplified version (JBL EON15 G2) for £400 for the pair including JBL padded carry bags - seems a bit too good to be true as I know the new version of these cost about £1450/pair and these are still selling for £500/each. What made me wonder about them is that on eBay the original EON's only seem to fetch something like £500-£600/pair?

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with these units?

Julian

When I work with other DJs equipment I find JBL tops on their own are a bit trebly--thats just my view and its handy for microphone work.

I believe they have a good reputation and Shakermaker uses them with Peavey Subs :D

CRAZY K

A1DL
30-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Personally I have never liked the sound of the JBL EONs - they sound like you'd expect plastic speakers to sound - if that makes sense.

The JBL JRX series are at the same level and sound MUCH nicer

1st Choice Karaoke
30-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I found them to sound a bit ear piercing without a lot of EQ tweaking... and the bass isnt that convincing for a speaker of that size either.