PDA

View Full Version : Freestyler DMX & Velleman k8062 interface & lighting Control

DynamoTom
04-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi Guys,

I have brought a velleman k8062 interface for freestyler dmx software and I bulit it last night and i have been trying to get the interface to work with my lights so i can program etc.

My dmx lighting consists of:

3x Acme Dynatwin Dual Scanners - 8 Channels
2x American DJ Sunray TRI LED Star Balls - 3 Channels
1x Acme Miracled 4 Way Moonflower

Can anyone help me?

Cheerss

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I thought you didn't have any lighting? :confused:

kjdiscos
04-06-2009, 08:16 PM
How far have you got with it ?

DynamoTom
04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Yes i have a full rig but would like to expand on it,

I have got to the point of ive finished it and trying to get the doungle to work with my lighting

DJ Jules
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I have brought a velleman k8062 interface for freestyler dmx software and I bulit it last night and i have been trying to get the interface to work with my lights so i can program etc.

Sorry, I've been considering buying one of those myself, but haven't got there yet (in fact I just bought a dedicated DMX controller off eBay instead... :o )

What do you need help with? How far have you got with building it?

Julian

Tom
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I bought one. Made it. Got a guy who builds PCB's to check it over. All was ok.

Did it work. Nope. lol. That went in the bin and I saved up for a Ryger.

Jiggles
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM

Every kit i have bought from Velleman has never worked! :(

Tony Scott
04-06-2009, 10:55 PM

Did it work. Nope. lol. That went in the bin and I saved up for a Ryger.

Every kit i have bought from Velleman has never worked! :(

You both need to get better at it then....I've build dozens of kits, including the DMX controller and had nothing that hasn't worked so far....WIMPS!!!!! :D

To the OP, what's the specific problem, I run this exact same system...FREEstyler + Vellmann dongle ting! :) Are you getting a quick flashing red light when you connect the USB lead from the PC to the Vellmann unit??

Tom
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
You both need to get better at it then....I've build dozens of kits, including the DMX controller and had nothing that hasn't worked so far....WIMPS!!!!! :D

I did built it correctly. lol. Just never worked.

Not to worry. Bought one ready made but worth the money. :)

DJ Jules
05-06-2009, 06:46 AM
I did built it correctly. lol. Just never worked.

Not to worry. Bought one ready made but worth the money. :)

I looked at http://www.usbdmx.com/usb_dmx_interface.html as well, considerably more expensive, but probably better supported ;)

Vectis
05-06-2009, 08:17 AM
I quite happily ran with one of the Vellemann kits (home-made) and Freestyler for about a year before I needed to move on to something a bit more flexible.

Mission
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
And I think it was the one i bought of VV.

The only problem I get, more likely to be freestyler or other software running or ? is maybe once a night the lights will just go off on one. The only way to get control back is to restart freestyler. Happened again last night.