PDA

View Full Version : Cloud o Vision

pineapple
18-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I have found out that nightclubs are using this software and its like pcdj but better... has anyone ever trying to use it or buy it ?

:confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Never heard of it and can't even find a link to it. Are you spelling it correctly?

What clubs are using it?

DazzyD
18-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I know Cloud is a manufacturer of DJ hardware. Maybe it's the software that goes with one of their mixers/controllers?

DJWilson
18-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Maybe cloud being the manufacturer and vision being the software part?

Dynamic Entertainment
18-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Its called Kaleidovision.

Its basically a complete package that has music tracks and videos stored and you can create playlists that automatically start at allocated times etc etc. It also shows the videos and intercects the music with your own advertising clips.

Its nothing like pcdj, theres no mix function or ability to manipulate the tracks. Its a playout system for background music only that fade mixes the last few seconds of a song.

Its updated automatically by the company and a company with multiple sites, such as Baracuda Group, can set central playlists that are uploaded to all their premises.

Adam_F
18-06-2009, 09:28 PM

Its basically a complete package that has music tracks and videos stored and you can create playlists that automatically start at allocated times etc etc. It also shows the videos and intercects the music with your own advertising clips.

Its nothing like pcdj, theres no mix function or ability to manipulate the tracks. Its a playout system for background music only that fade mixes the last few seconds of a song.

Its updated automatically by the company and a company with multiple sites, such as Baracuda Group, can set central playlists that are uploaded to all their premises.

Its horrible software, and very buggy too!
Used it a few times in Chicago Rocks, policy nights are the worst, when you have to use it, and play a certain percentage of each genre etc....

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Are you spelling it correctly?

Close then...:p

Dynamic Entertainment
18-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Its horrible software, and very buggy too!
Used it a few times in Chicago Rocks, policy nights are the worst, when you have to use it, and play a certain percentage of each genre etc....

Luckily in the Baracuda pubs they dont make the djs use it. Its purely theire as a background playout and a makeshift backup if anything goes wrong. The good point is that if theres an obscure song i havent got, and dont want...then its generally got it :)

Close then...:p

Erm........... :D

pineapple
19-06-2009, 09:36 AM
soz for the spelling and yea thats the one Kaleidovision i thought personally most djs will be using this or pcdj because both the same but more night clubs use kaleidovision due to the sms stuff (texting)

Dynamic Entertainment
21-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Kaleidovision is purely a automatic jukebox. You have no where neare the control over the "mix" as with PCDJ (for one theres only one "deck" so your just queing tracks in a playlist). Most pubs have it as their background noice, and (like you say) nightclubs use it because it gives you the ability to text messages to the screens etc. Its not that good thb, and whilst you could limp through a night with it i would be leaving the nightclub and asking for a\ refund. :)

ppentertainments
22-06-2009, 10:42 PM

I have used it in our local Barracuda. Could not get away with it. Another Dj there uses it quite a lot and in fairness, when I have heard him it sounded ok although not sure about the song choice.

I think it is good for premises that do not want to pay for a 'proper' DJ as anyone can basically go in and 'DJ'

DiscoPromotions
22-06-2009, 11:11 PM
I think it is good for premises that do not want to pay for a 'proper' DJ as anyone can basically go in and 'DJ'

I agree as the worst DJ I know ended working in club that uses that software.

JP