PDA

View Full Version : Thomann equipment

SteveH
22-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience of Thomann's own brand I think it is stairville (See below DMX controller)
STAIRVILLE DJ-X 16 DMX CONTROLLER

Stairville DJ-X 16 DMX controller - 16-channel DMX programming console with DMX and MIDI interface. 60 built-in programs, 30 variable programs with up to 99 steps, manual/auto/audio/tap/sync/cross mode, sound-to-light mode, DMX Out (3-pin female XLR). Dimensions: 482 x 177 x 72.7mm. Weight: 2.3kg. Includes power supply.

This DMX controller is about £60. They also have what seem to be good value LED par cans.

I have used their own brand drum equipment but don't about DJ stuff.

Any help would be great
Cheers

Starlight
22-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I havn't personally used Thomann before but a few folks around here have. From what I've heard, Thomann are a good company and one distinctive thing they offer is really cheap and affordable shipping costs. And I'm told that you don't have to pay import duty because they are in the Eurpean Union so no need to pay any duties.

Hope this helps ;)

Neil.

Dynamic Entertainment
22-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Just be careful. As Shaun found out: http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20756

Digitalsounds
22-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Stairville is used by thomann

This is also another name for some products distributed by prolight in this country you will find the products are the same in design as they come out of the same factory.

Tony Scott
22-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I've bought loads of stuff from Thomann and had 1st class service. When stuff has needed repairing under their 3yr warrantee it's been totally painless, I would definately urge anyone to use them.
I even got 2 lenghts of truss for free coz they messed up an order and sent me the wrong lenghts....they said keep the wrong stuff for your trouble!! :)

Jiggles
22-06-2009, 11:19 PM
I have just emailed them for the second time about a dodgy LED par can. First was the common LEDs out problem that was easy done sent me out new boards! and now the controller board has lots its settings and the green LEDs stay on. Other than that they have been perfect.

Just experience with the Starville brand and CS.

kilmeedyman
23-06-2009, 01:56 AM
The DMX controller you are talking aobut is a generic manufactured item which is only branded on the faceplate and the packaging.

You may well find that other manufacturers charge a lot more for exactly the same item and thre is obviously no difference in quality.

Therefore, if the price is good buy it.

DJ Jules
23-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I've bought loads of stuff from Thomann and had 1st class service. When stuff has needed repairing under their 3yr warrantee it's been totally painless, I would definately urge anyone to use them.
I even got 2 lenghts of truss for free coz they messed up an order and sent me the wrong lenghts....they said keep the wrong stuff for your trouble!! :)

I'm trying to get an Amp repaired by Thomann at the moment and their customer service has been not great. I emailed initially to ask for a manual to see if I could diagnose the problem from the fault lights and they took about a week to send me a PDF of the manual. Reading the (3 page) document, apparently the fault lights mean that there is a "circuitry fault" in the amp, so I've emailed them back to ask about returning it for repair under warranty - it's now been 5 days and I've still not even had a reply. In my case things are complicated because I didn't originally buy from them so I don't have any proof of purchase (but it's their own brand amp and I've sent them the serial number so I'd have thought they'd be able to track the sale date from that).

How did you go about reporting the fault? I've just been emailing them to date?

Julian

Cj_The_Dj
25-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm trying to get an Amp repaired by Thomann at the moment and their customer service has been not great. I emailed initially to ask for a manual to see if I could diagnose the problem from the fault lights and they took about a week to send me a PDF of the manual. Reading the (3 page) document, apparently the fault lights mean that there is a "circuitry fault" in the amp, so I've emailed them back to ask about returning it for repair under warranty - it's now been 5 days and I've still not even had a reply. In my case things are complicated because I didn't originally buy from them so I don't have any proof of purchase (but it's their own brand amp and I've sent them the serial number so I'd have thought they'd be able to track the sale date from that).

How did you go about reporting the fault? I've just been emailing them to date?

Julian

if you got the amp direct from them you wouldn't have this problem. i got a new one within two weeks, they had to collect the old one and then sent me a new one aswell.

DJ Jules
25-06-2009, 09:04 PM
if you got the amp direct from them you wouldn't have this problem. i got a new one within two weeks, they had to collect the old one and then sent me a new one aswell.

Fair point - I've given up now - anyone who knows anything about repairing amps (or the secret to getting Thomann to sit up and take note) might be able to get themselves a bargain... see http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=352725

Julian