PDA

View Full Version : Today Disco

djmarc
04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
hi all just a little note to say about my disco today

Lady called me during the week hey could you do my disco as there dj has let them down.
Well i did have plans this weekend as its been my first weekend off in ages but i kinda felt bit sorry for the lady who was very worried on the phone

Ok my dear give me details

sat 4th july 5pm till 7pm destination WEST HAM UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB

Its my sons 3rd birthday party i have to say i was a bit nervy about this one

i went along they had a beach theme was very nice i didnt take me camera but i did say to the lady i love the set up wish i brought me camera now

she said dont worry i will send you some pictures, great thank you.

anyway the disco for the little boy was really good i played load of games gave out sweet & prizes even got the adults up dancing with the kids

just wanted to let you know age 3 to 5 isnt as bad as you think

i must of done well i was asked for cards by 7 people and when i got home i had a message for a booking

also just want to say thank you for all you guys who write with advise on here because some of it i used in this disco so thanks guys

MARK

JDB Entertainment
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Glad to hear you had a good gig mark and even managed to take a booking off it already.

Keep up the good work that you seem to be doing! :D

Mayhem 1
05-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Hey Mark, Nice going buddy.

I would say that 3yr old parties are some of the best you will do mate mainly because 98% of the time the mums stay at the event and once you get them involved in the fun the children settle down and are not so clingy (SP)

All credit to you buddy you seem to be doing a pukka job mate.

Looking forward to seeing the pics,

Well done :beer1:

DiscoPromotions
05-07-2009, 08:53 AM
This is about 10th story I've heard about Cowboy DJ's this week; I guess they are doing what they do best.

djmarc
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
This is about 10th story I've heard about Cowboy DJ's this week; I guess they are doing what they do best.

hope your not calling me a COWBOY :mad:
and thanks guys for the nice comments

mark

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
hope your not calling me a COWBOY :mad:

It is obvious he is talking about the other DJ who let people down.

DJ Jules
05-07-2009, 07:23 PM

You can make that 11 - I did an 18th last weekend in the upstairs room in a social club and there was a 21st in the room below me. Talking to the father of the birthday girl before the gig started I discovered that I was booked because the act they had booked had cancelled on them with just 2 weeks notice because their DJ had decided to go to Glastonbury!

The interesting thing was that the act they booked was downstairs doing the 21st, and it was supposed to have been his mate and their second rig at the 18th!! I couldn't believe it because a) if you take a booking, you should do it and b) there were THREE of them running the 21st downstairs! Surely one of them could have run another rig upstairs??

The other thing to note was that they did the gig downstairs for almost half the price I charged - but the father of the birthday girl said that at the end of the day I might have been more expensive, but I was there and they weren't... Point made :)

Julian

djmarc
06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
i was only joking about the cowboy lol

I give the customer 100% in telephone manners booking forms and most of all reliabilty and make it fun for everyone whoever comes to the party

I always make sure i turn up at least hour & half before the party starts
I have to say most of my work comes from past customers thats what makes a good disco service.

Dynamic Entertainment
06-07-2009, 07:26 PM
In the past 4 weeks ive had a telephone call each week for the up-coming saturday because people have been let down.

spin mobile disco
06-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Same here Discosteve. Around by mine I get at least one enquiry a week that a client has been let down. I assume the credit crunch killed off some of the competetion in my area and the workload is being shifted around.

Can't complain though I have been out almost every saturday and friday this year and even a fair few sundays and midweeks.

Glad you had a good gig, if the mums love you then im sure plenty more work will come your way from it.

OllieJames
07-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Around by mine I get at least one enquiry a week that a client has been let down. I assume the credit crunch killed off some of the competetion in my area and the workload is being shifted around.

Can't complain though I have been out almost every saturday and friday this year and even a fair few sundays and midweeks.

Lucky you! :( :D