PDA

View Full Version : jQuery / Lightbox Same Page Issues

Happy Jack
07-07-2009, 12:50 AM
I've been trying to find a solution to this for about 2 hours, to no avail. I wonder if someone can clarify.

I want to include both the jQuery Coda Slider to display my gallery pictures, and a fantastic jQuery Lightbox Clone called Pretty Photos. Now, although I haven't tested them within seperate elements on the same page, I want the visitor to be able to scroll through a list of stills in the gallery page courtesy of the Coda Slider, and then launch the lightbox from within the slider by clicking on one of the images. The idea is being able to keep every gallery on the same page and within a set space.

Originally I gave up on the idea of using the older lightbox that called upon the Mootools library, and the mootools 'adapter' .js file as I would certainly have to workaround this. I thought that using elements that function with the same js framework made it easier to include a variety sliding, jumping, swinging bits of text and pictures?

I am aware of the jQuery.noConflict(); function but...

Why, when both Coda and lightbox elements function on their own, do they not work on the same page. Each one calls upon the same jQuery library..? This isn't a Prototype / Mootools workaround, so I didn't think the noConflict rule applied.

Perhaps someone can clear this up.

:beer1:

EDIT : I've just rearranged the order of the .js files included in the header as a last attempt ... that seems to have solved it!

Mods feel free to delete this thread.