PDA

View Full Version : carlsbro delta 12

amplified
25-07-2009, 08:59 AM
i'm considerin buying a pair of these just wondering if anyone has any views on the carlsbro brand or these speakers in particular. I am buying these 2nd hand for £150 with a powerline 800 wat amp is this worth it?

cheers

mods sorry if this is in the wrong section

Excalibur
25-07-2009, 09:13 AM
i'm considerin buying a pair of these just wondering if anyone has any views on the carlsbro brand or these speakers in particular. I am buying these 2nd hand for £150 with a powerline 800 wat amp is this worth it?

cheers

mods sorry if this is in the wrong section

Ah. You'll get divided opinons on this one. I have no fist hand of the kit you mention, but I'd say you must hear it first. I'd guess it'll sound OK at first, but when you push it to the max, it'll be crap. I have a mixer amp which is fine for background and speeches, but no good for D&B raves. ;)

Edit: Spotted the size of the amp. The whole rig's small. Below 100 people tops.

amplified
25-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Edit: Spotted the size of the amp. The whole rig's small. Below 100 people tops.

well im running a pair of class D 350w bass bins aswel of a seperate amp wel at least thats my plan if i get these carlsbro speakers. thought thatwould be enough for most applications

ppentertainments
25-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Personally I find carlsboro speakers quite tinny, although I know a lot like them. Would say you would definetly need bass bins for larger venues.

Penfold42
25-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Personally I find carlsboro speakers quite tinny, although I know a lot like them. Would say you would definetly need bass bins for larger venues.

Not my Gamma 600 bass bins....tinny? :confused: :boxer2:

:D :D :D :D :D

ppentertainments
25-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Not my Gamma 600 bass bins....tinny? :confused: :boxer2:

:D :D :D :D :D

:D :D Thought you might sneak up behind me.
Like all speakers - it's personal opinion. I won't mention the brand I use for fear of reprisals :D :D :D

Penfold42
25-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Like all speakers - it's personal opinion. I won't mention the brand I use for fear of reprisals :D :D :D

:lol:

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-07-2009, 12:16 PM

:eek:

Excalibur
25-07-2009, 04:02 PM
well im running a pair of class D 350w bass bins aswel of a seperate amp wel at least thats my plan if i get these carlsbro speakers. thought thatwould be enough for most applications

Ah, well. You didn't say that in the original post. ;) Get an active croissover, and it will work. Won't fill Wembley, but 150-200 no bother.

amplified
25-07-2009, 06:18 PM
well i also have another option and that is to buy a pair of peavy st-15's with a 600 watt amp for £250. i know this is the most expensive option but maybe it will be worth it with the quality being better or so im led to beleive. are the peavys the better option would you say?

cheers

Excalibur
25-07-2009, 06:34 PM
well i also have another option and that is to buy a pair of peavy st-15's with a 600 watt amp for £250. i know this is the most expensive option but maybe it will be worth it with the quality being better or so im led to beleive. are the peavys the better option would you say?

cheers

Yes, but stil get the active crossover, it's worth it. I used to run the Class D subs with Peavey Eurosys, the older version of ST15's. It was intended to be a second rig, but because we loved it so, it became the main rig, until I got the Class D CD15SP's.

Cj_The_Dj
26-07-2009, 09:23 PM
i dont like the ST or pro series from peavey blown very easy., but the black widow are solid with good bass.

DJMaxG
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
I have heard the Carlsbro Gammas (plastic) and they are very good ...

says the person who owns a pair of Skytecs :D

They're not majorly bassy, but good enough for the average party, and definately loud.

DJMaxG
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh - old thread, just realised.

flatliners
08-08-2009, 11:22 AM
carlsbro from what i have been told have gone bust in to liquidation down the pan what ever you like to call it