PDA

View Full Version : Your Searches

DJWilson
28-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Just thought what do you type, to help others out if searcing for a disco in your area on google.

I would put ' mobile disco sheppey (sheerness or minster)

What would you search for and what do you put in your tags etc for rankings.

www.submitexpress.com (http://www.submitexpress.com) to help you with how good your tags, keywords etc are.

Ta.

rob1963
28-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I would type "mobile disco" followed by the name of the county or possibly the town.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I think DJs would put 'mobile disco' but I'm not sure if the general public would.

DJWilson
28-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I think DJs would put 'mobile disco' but I'm not sure if the general public would.

Thats the angle im thinking of, how to increase rankings via what a member of the public looking for a disco near them would google.

SC Events
28-07-2009, 08:25 PM
a good one for me is 'tamworth discos' it puts me at the top usually :D

rob1963
28-07-2009, 11:22 PM
If people search for "Mobile Disco Surrey" I'm 7th & 9th...which is ok.

However, I'd rather they search for "Mobile Disco Worcester Park, as I'm 2nd & 3rd on THAT search!

:D :D

DJWilson
29-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Ive got my pages at least 8th already on mobile disco (sheerness/sheppey/sittingbourne) :D

Marc J
29-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Ive got my pages at least 8th already on mobile disco (sheerness/sheppey/sittingbourne) :D

New sites tend to get better initial results, you might find your SERPs position slipping through time (if there is enough competition for your keywords / phrases).

Dynamic Entertainment
29-07-2009, 11:56 PM
According to my google analytics i get abou half of my searched with the term "Mobile Disco". Ive even had "portable disco" in the past.

Current (slughtly wierd) search terms include:

Aspatria DJ
Biggest lighting rig
djs in cumbria 4 christem=ning
lighting hire package
what songs do discos play
nightclubs in workington

Very varied eh :)

Vectis
30-07-2009, 08:02 AM
According to my google analytics i get abou half of my searched with the term "Mobile Disco". Ive even had "portable disco" in the past.

Current (slughtly wierd) search terms include:

Aspatria DJ
Biggest lighting rig
djs in cumbria 4 christem=ning
lighting hire package
what songs do discos play
nightclubs in workington

Very varied eh :)

Oh yes.

If there are any likely mis-spellings of your main keywords you should always look to include them somewhere - I tend to put common ones in the Description meta tag and less common ones somewhere in the body text.

I often get Isle of White :bang: (you'd think people would know where they live) and, obviously because they've got weddings on their minds, Aisle of Wight :o :Censored: Now Google is pretty good at reverting these but other lesser engines not necessarily so.

I also get mis-spellings of the name, so for example Vectis Vibe with a space, Vectis Vibes with an S and a fairly common problem Vecits where people either mis-key or should be members of the DNA ;)

You need to think through the potential for mis-spellings etc. because they won't necessarily show up in your site stats if the customer never made it to you.