PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Meetup?

Twinspin
01-08-2009, 01:48 AM
I have been speaking to a dj from Hull called Steve Jackson the other night who ive spoken to on here and Its been mentioned before about having a meetup at some point. So far previous attempts have failed.

But with the extra backing i reckon it would be a good idea. As weekends are a bad time with us DJ's working. I reckon the best day for it would be a sunday afternoon.

I still reckon that Country Park Inn on Hessle Foreshore on the banks of the River Humber with excellent views of the Humber Bridge

It would be a nice place to have it as its close to Motorways and A Roads.

? Who is interested in coming.
? Which date could a few us agree on for this.

Now this time it would be nice if anyone who was interested in coming will actually confirm in this thread so we know the score.

If organised properly this should be a good one.

Peter you interested in this? Justin? Steve (megamix) ??

djsteve10
01-08-2009, 09:36 AM
If we could all throw some dates together I am sure we can come to something where we can all meet up.

Peter Lockwood
01-08-2009, 12:52 PM
dont forget the nadj meetings that are held near leeds on the last Wednesday of the month

djsteve10
01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
dont forget the nadj meetings that are held near leeds on the last Wednesday of the month

The local NADJ site never gets updated and there is never any info on when the meetings are held. The last meeting I attended was last March and the only ones I have heard about since have been over the past couple of months.

Twinspin
01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
and Tony? you up for this?

anyone else?

I reckon either last sunday in august or 1st sunday in september?

Peter Lockwood
01-08-2009, 02:16 PM
link to the nadj yorkshire page http://www.nadj.org.uk/yorkshire

Twinspin
01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
There is NADJ as well but i was thinking a social gathering at a pub. e.g like a curry club or similar.

Cj_The_Dj
01-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I would like to come, (if i'm welcome anyways lol)

Twinspin
01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Course you are CJ its for anyone that wants to come.

Cj_The_Dj
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Course you are CJ its for anyone that wants to come.

Well sunday the 1st would be good for me and the old man.......

Penfold42
03-08-2009, 03:15 PM
and Tony? you up for this?
Nah..... can't be arsed. :sj:

I reckon either last sunday in august or 1st sunday in september?

Either sounds good to me. :)

djsteve10
03-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Right I am free on Sunday the 1st. Is this the date we are going on then?

Twinspin
03-08-2009, 06:07 PM
The first Sunday in September would be cool. On my diary i make that Sunday 6th September which is cool here as well. Now we just need to arrange a time of when.

About 12 or 1pm?

Twinspin
03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.countryparkinn.com/location.php

directions are here for the venue.

http://www.countryparkinn.com/sysimages/rszimages/midbarimg1_md2.jpg

its a nice place tbh. They have a massive function suite at the back if we ever had a bigger meetup of some type. But this time. Ill contact the venue and see if i can reserve some tables in the bar area near the windows.

The place do meals if anyone fancies anything as well. On the off chance that anyone wants to stay over there is a lodge thats part of the venue across the carpark.

Ive done the place a few times before with discos and its a nice venue

Danno13
03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
The local NADJ site never gets updated and there is never any info on when the meetings are held. The last meeting I attended was last March and the only ones I have heard about since have been over the past couple of months.

Where have you been looking? I've been making sure this part of the main site stays up to date, and I know Paul and Simon add bits to it too..

http://www.nadj.org.uk/yorkshire

Twinspin
03-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Update. So far we have (Sunday 6th September) Which is the first Sunday in September and the following interested.

Myself.
Excalibur
Justin (Jaydeedrinker)
Steve10
Penmare (Tony)
CJ & His Dad
Steve Jackson (Boodle)
Martin Wilkinson

I have contacted the venue to see about availability for that afternoon and they have said thats fine and they will reserve a big table near the window overlooking the river in the bay window area.

The venue have asked if we will be having anything to eat. Which i have said to them at the moment its just going to be a gathering with a few drinks whatever your having. But before i get back to the venue about having some bar meals or something like that I thought ill find out first what everyone wants to do.

But the venue have said even if its for a few drinks its fine. So up to now. I have provisionally booked the Sunday 6th September. Also ive told the venue that the meetup time at present is unconfirmed but it wouldnt be a problem anytime on that day.

So guys down to you. Anybody fancy anything to eat or just a few drinks and a gathering.

Also we just need to confirm numbers so the venue can sort out the seating if any more people want to go. But if you do let us know in this thread.

cheers

John

JAMdisco
03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Sunday 6th is fine with me, 1pm would be better (then I get to have a lie in :D ).
Might be interested in a smallish bar meal, i.e burger and chips (if such a high class establishment does burger & chips :p ;) :D )

I think it should be an alcohol free gathering though, seeing as I can't drink no one else should be allowed :p :p :p

Lets hope this time we can get a few people along. I'll ring Peter if he doesn't see this thread.

Cj_The_Dj
03-08-2009, 09:33 PM
So have we agreed Sunday the 6th. i will book it off work then.

djsteve10
03-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I have spoke to John on the phone about this one and I am going to be there so anyone in the Leeds area wanting a lift over give me a message and we can sort something out.

Twinspin
03-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Remember everyone. Everyones welcome. So If you fancy having a gathering on 6th september then let us know and i can confirm numbers.

Excalibur
05-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Sunday 6th is fine with me, 1pm would be better (then I get to have a lie in :D ).
Might be interested in a smallish bar meal, i.e burger and chips (if such a high class establishment does burger & chips :p ;) :D )

I think it should be an alcohol free gathering though, seeing as I can't drink no one else should be allowed :p :p :p

Lets hope this time we can get a few people along. I'll ring Peter if he doesn't see this thread.

He has been made aware of its existence by more than one method and person. ;) :D

Since I can't drink, I'll pick you up. Then you can have a Shandy. :beer1:

JAMdisco
05-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Since I can't drink, I'll pick you up. Then you can have a Shandy. :beer1:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :Kiss 3:

Twinspin
13-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Its been nearly 2 weeks just about since the meetup was planned. When i get back from a weeks holiday on sat. I will have to give the venue a good idea of how many just to let them know in advance.

Cj_The_Dj
13-08-2009, 02:09 PM
well me and my dads coming :beer1:

djsteve10
16-08-2009, 11:09 AM
So do we have anybody else who is interested in this meet up as I belive John (Twinspin) is getting in touch with the venue soon with rough numbers.

Twinspin
16-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Yep i will be doing this tommorow.

So far i will be confirming

Myself - John (Twinspin) of course
Justin (Jaydeedrinker)
Peter (Excalibur)
CJ & His Dad (CJ The DJ)
Steve M (djsteve10)
Steve J (Boodle)

Tony you still interested in this one? (PM Sent)

Twinspin
17-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Update.

It seems that the plans for a meetup might not be a fantastic idea. Because the idea was to find a date where everyone will be available to attend.

Im just having a bad feeling about this now. Peter now wont be able to make it which has cut numbers down a bit. I know some people have said they will be coming but but the question is... should the meeting still go ahead as planned?

As i understand it is also Plasa on that day.

So its down to you guys what you want to do. go ahead or leave it?

responses below thanks.

djsteve10
18-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I still think we should go ahead with it and if people can't make it then there is always another chance to catch up.

Adam_F
18-08-2009, 12:15 PM
As i understand it is also Plasa on that day.

Nope, it's not.

Plasa is the 13th to the 16th of September

http://www.plasashow.com/visit

Twinspin
18-08-2009, 04:42 PM
The only thing is. If i organise something and if not many turn up then im going to look an idiot So thats why i really need the numbers because if there isnt going to be many going then i wont need to reserve seats with the venue if we are only going to need just one small table should be able to just go in and find a table.

So to update the list of who's interested and confirmed

1. Jaydeedrinker (Justin)
2. CJ The DJ (CJ)
3. CJ The DJ (His Dad)
4. DJSteve10 (Steve Mitchell)
5. Boodle (Steve Jackson)
6. Myself (John)

-----------------------------

To confirm

7. Penmare42 (Tony)

If anyone is interested in going to this one could you please let me know cheers.

JAMdisco
19-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm still up for it (a bit miffed that Peter isn't going - I'll have to drive and stay sober now :( :p )

I'll probably have a snack (bar meal).

If anyone wants to pick me up I'll contribute in fuel costs :D

Twinspin
19-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Right then the meetup is still on then with the confirmed members above attending.

Penfold42
20-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Tony you still interested in this one? (PM Sent)

To confirm

7. Penmare42 (Tony)

If anyone is interested in going to this one could you please let me know cheers.

Nah..... can't be arsed. :sj:

:sj: :sj:

Sorry been on holiday then working away.....sounds good to me. :)

Twinspin
20-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Updated list again

2. CJ The DJ (CJ)
3. CJ The DJ (His Dad)
6. Penmare42 (Tony)
7. Myself (John)

I will be contacting the venue tommorow about numbers and if anyone else wants to come can you let me know as well cheers.

Cj_The_Dj
20-08-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm still up for it (a bit miffed that Peter isn't going - I'll have to drive and stay sober now :( :p )

I'll probably have a snack (bar meal).

If anyone wants to pick me up I'll contribute in fuel costs :D

we'll pick you up if you want :)

Twinspin
21-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Right then guys. I have put a PDF file together that you can print off if you want with venue directions and info.

http://www.twinspin.co.uk/yorkshire%20meet.pdf

if this is any help

Twinspin
21-08-2009, 02:19 AM
and a blog page with information updates

http://yorkshiredjmeet.blogspot.com

JAMdisco
21-08-2009, 07:01 AM

Sounds good to me :D

I'll PM you my address & telephone number :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-08-2009, 09:16 AM

And me? :D

djsteve10
24-08-2009, 11:27 PM
So is there anybody else who is wanting to attend this meet?

Penfold42
24-08-2009, 11:39 PM
So is there anybody else who is wanting to attend this meet?

And me? :D

:sj:

djsteve10
24-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Me and John have been discussing maybe having a bring and buy sale on the day of the meet so if anybody wants to bring any un-wanted kit for maybe sale or swap then feel free.

Twinspin
24-08-2009, 11:52 PM
http://www.finesound.nl/verkoop/images/Web%20Alesis%20Multimix%208%20USB.jpg

Starting with a portable PA mixer that i dont need which hasnt been used much. Ideal for small conferences and that kinda thing.

New = £130.00 - I want £50.00 for it. could be ideal as a spare mixer for dj work if anyone uses a laptop or computer for it and comes with Cubase lx i think with it.

Twinspin
29-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi Everyone just a quick update on the meetup. The meetup is a week tommorow and starts from 1pm on the sunday afternoon and will be on table 6
for 7 people.

2. CJ The DJ (CJ)
3. CJ The DJ (His Dad)
6. Penmare42 (Tony)
7. Myself (John)

So if there is anyone else interested please come forward as soon as possible.

Thanks

John

Jays karaoke
31-08-2009, 04:59 PM

The NADJ meetings Leeds are in Cleckheaton at the George pub opposite the park

Penfold42
01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I've naused things up here.....:o

My brother's coming up this weekend and on Sunday it's my daughters birthday.....so i can't make it .....sorry chaps. :o

Hope you have a good day....:)

Cj_The_Dj
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
SO it still going ahead with out problems????

Twinspin
02-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Yep still going ahead.

Twinspin
06-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Right then guys as the meetup is today at 1pm. The best place to meetup is outside the main entrance and the big blue country park inn sign.

If im stood outside there you cant miss me LOL i dont think its going to rain tommorow so ill be in Short length bottoms and a striped polo shirt.

My mobile number is 07749 487260 so if anyone wants directions or anything finding it.

See you all later this afternoon.

Twinspin
06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Has anyone got cold feet yet :p :D

Twinspin
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone, we are all back. It was nice to put a name to a face to some people who ive never met before and do a bit of networking between us all.

Thanks to CJ & His dad who kindly offered give me a lift back from the venue to Hull as well. For the first meetup it went well and i enjoyed it myself and it was nice to meet everyone.

We have only just got back from the first meetup but next time a few more might come through for it. Now its just settling a time and day for it to take place. So what dates are good for anyone else. I think a good time to do another would be Mid/Late November.

Did the people who come like the venue it was in today?

Excalibur
06-09-2009, 09:34 PM
John, delighted to hear it went well, I've just got back from my family day out at Cadwell Park. We had a fantastic time.

Twinspin
06-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Cool glad you enjoyed it Peter. Was it a motor show or something?

As an idea i was thinking about leaving it for a few weeks now and i had in Mind November 29th which is the final sunday in November which is about 11 weeks away

I didnt know until today that Country Park Inn do a Carvery in the bar area which might be a good call. A Carvery and a few drinks.

let us know guys if anyone else has any different dates in mind which might be better which we can all agree on.