PDA

View Full Version : My website help...

Charlie Brown
03-08-2009, 01:45 AM
I have asked you folks on here before but as I'm starting my new college next year I'm seriously looking at reaping those bookings in.

After my weekend and the experience with Darren I have decided this is certainly what I want to do for another good few years. I have too much love for the job.

As a punter what do you think? Google optimization? Adwords? I have a silver listing on UK disco (not worked yet) I have my new cards....I'm trying :)

Grammar and spelling mistakes are a big problem for me - as many of you have probably already guessed.

http://www.charliebrownsdisco.co.uk

Shaun
03-08-2009, 09:20 AM
What happened to the header I made you for your site?

Charlie Brown
03-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I could never get the bloody thing to work. If could tell me how to do it then it would be on there in a shot!

Shaun
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm sure the filename is exactly the same as your current image. It would just be a case of dragging and dropping the file (via FTP), overwriting the current one?

Charlie Brown
03-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe so. I will give it try. The trouble is my website is just a set template from Vista Print...

discomobiledj
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Can you actually put a custom made header on the Vistaprint servers seeing as the header goes with the rest of the template?

Anyway, you site.....

Homepage:

"Welcome to Nottingham's & Derby's leading Mobile Disco Company..."

Should be:
"Welcome to the website for the leading mobile disco company in Nottingham & Derby"

"We provide disco's and pub quizes to Nottingham and Derby."

Should be:

"We provide discos and pub quizzes to Nottingham and Derby."

On the About Us page:

"I base my beliefs that our customers'..."

Should be:

"I base my beliefs that our customers..."

Wedding page

"Family and friends travel from all over England to come and join in on the celebration."

Remove the England bit, they may have people who have travelled from all over the world.

"Michael Bubble"

You'll find his name is Bublé not bubble!

"Jamie Cullman"

You sure? It's not Jamie Cullum is it?

"12.00pm: The disco will finish normally with a big sing-a-long and dance off with your guests and yourself"

I'd change it to:

"12.00pm: The disco will finish normally with a big sing-a-long and dance off with you and your guests"

On the mobile disco page....

"Thankfully though, Charlie Brown’s Discos are here to take care of everything, while still keeping you in charge. When booking a disco with us, I will be more than happy to visit you free of charge to discuss the details for your event: your choice of music, when you would like us to turn up; and any other queries you may have regarding you event.

We are a professional Mobile Disco company based in the Nottingham area, providing an experienced, friendly service organised to your specifications. We have experience organising every type of event: wedding receptions, teenage parties, dinner/dances, and birthday parties; and know the distinct differences and requirements of events."

I would chnage it slightly so it forms a list rather than carrying on.

You seem to use alot of : and a couple of ;

Change these to full stops or commas.

Quiz Nights

You have a couple of hyphens on this page when you don't need them and the colons have appeared again!

Top 100 songs

Some have bullet points, some don't.

On you T & C page:

"Space
Depending on what setup you require, we normally need 4x2 metre to setup but that can be reduced to 2x1 if need be."

12 foot wide! How big is your rig?? I thought you had an Ultimax Stand!

On your contact us page that photo looks like it was taken in the 70's!

Hope this helps Charlie.

Oh, and a personal thing for me, justify the text rather than having it all over the place!

DJ Jules
03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Thankfully though, Charlie Brown’s Discos are here to take care of everything, while still keeping you in charge. When booking a disco with us, I will be more than happy to visit you free of charge to discuss the details for your event: your choice of music, when you would like us to turn up; and any other queries you may have regarding you event.

I'd avoid using the phrase "turn up" - it implies you might not ;) "When you would like us to arrive" is better English.

Julian

Charlie Brown
03-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Fantastic Steve!

That was great help! Means a lot...will be changed A.S.A.P :approve:

daz226
04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Charlie zip me up the info and photo's that you want on your site and ill build you a site. i take it you own the domain name. Also the automated respnce i use from dj intelligence works a treat and the bookings i get from having it covers the cost.

Jiggles
04-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Also the automated respnce i use from dj intelligence works a treat and the bookings i get from having it covers the cost.

I built something like that in PHP.

Charlie Brown
04-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Charlie zip me up the info and photo's that you want on your site and ill build you a site. i take it you own the domain name. Also the automated respnce i use from dj intelligence works a treat and the bookings i get from having it covers the cost.

You will be make me a site!

That is a hell of a lot pressure on you Daz.

I think you have already done enough for me!

Some people are on here are too kind :)

daz226
04-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I built something like that in PHP.

how did it go does it work

Jiggles
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM
What exactly does the DJ Intellegence one do? As what you have said there sounds like the one I have made thats still in Beta just now. Few tweek's needed to make it more efficient. Its nothing like the power of DJ Intelligence but its the same as what you said there.

Charlie Brown
03-02-2010, 08:59 PM
http://charliebrownsdisco.co.uk/

&

http://weddingdjnottingham.co.uk/

They are both the same sites....although it's a vista print site, I have tried to improve it where possible.

I need to sign up to "needadisco.co.uk" Vectis ;)

Any more comments... doesn't matter how harsh...that you think would help improve it? I really appreciate it. I'm trying to get it top notch before I apply to agency's etc..

Cheers. :approve:

Pe7e
03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
It's looking a lot better Charlie, IMO the type face of your menu could do with being a bit larger.

Marc J
04-02-2010, 03:15 PM
http://charliebrownsdisco.co.uk/

&

http://weddingdjnottingham.co.uk/

They are both the same sites...

Not a good idea Charlie.

From Google Webmaster Guidelines (http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769): -

Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.

Charlie Brown
04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I wonder why that is?

discomobiledj
04-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Google will think you are trying to have two separate sites which it doesn't like.

If you want to do that make sure you do a 301 redirect, although not sure you can do that with Vistaprint.

Vectis
04-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I wonder why that is?

Well let's suppose that through luck or design you come up with the PERFECT seo'd site. Absolutely top notch, ticking all the boxes, and you land at Google position 1 for your keywords.

Then you create an exact replica and pop it on a different domain.

Now you've got Google 1 AND Google 2 for the what is effectively the same site.

What's to stop you having 1000 domains all with identical content and pushing your nearest competitor to #1001?

discomobiledj
04-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Well let's suppose that through luck or design you come up with the PERFECT seo'd site. Absolutely top notch, ticking all the boxes, and you land at Google position 1 for your keywords.

Then you create an exact replica and pop it on a different domain.

Now you've got Google 1 AND Google 2 for the what is effectively the same site.

What's to stop you having 1000 domains all with identical content and pushing your nearest competitor to #1001?

Oo oo oo oo I know......Google!