PDA

View Full Version : Where to get speakon cables?

notroubleclubber
08-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I need 2 pairs (4 in total) of speakon to speakon cables - ive had a look on ebay but not many about.

Ideally id like to use my paypal account as got more money in that than normal account!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-08-2009, 02:04 PM
What length?

notroubleclubber
08-08-2009, 04:00 PM
dont need them to much.Pair from amp to subs (bout 5m should be fine) and then pair from subs to tops (prob 1m will be fine!)

Sapphire Disco
08-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I got mine from Maplins they seem as good as any, about the only thing I use that's has come from there though.

Excalibur
09-08-2009, 07:00 AM
I need 2 pairs (4 in total) of speakon to speakon cables - ive had a look on ebay but not many about.

Ideally id like to use my paypal account as got more money in that than normal account!!!

HTFR accept paypal. ;)

http://www.htfr.com/quicksearch/?text=speakon+cable

notroubleclubber
09-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys - got a pair of 5m ones for £20 posted off that well known auction site.

Trying to find just a good a deal!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-08-2009, 10:40 AM

Thanks guys - got a pair of 5m ones for £20 posted off that well known auction site.

Was there actually any point to this thread? :sj:

Corabar Steve
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
So he knows where to get good ones from, if the ones he bought turn out to be crap :sj:

A1DL
09-08-2009, 12:32 PM

NL2 or NL4? Seems very cheap.
Most of the pre-made cables on said well known auction site are poor quality, won't handle/coil well, etc.

Also, 5m is VERY short. Unless your rack is positioned centrally, you'll need more on one side than t'other, and when routed & gaffa'd, you're likely to find them too short. Mock it up with a piece of string first.

Other than at the VDC/Canford level, I generally despise pre made cables as they are notorious for becoming the weakest link in a system.

Adam_F
09-08-2009, 01:47 PM
HTFR accept paypal. ;)

http://www.htfr.com/quicksearch/?text=speakon+cable

A :beer1: is in the post :D

notroubleclubber
09-08-2009, 04:50 PM
HTFR was the only place that was mentioned (apart from maplins which id already thought of)so wasnt getting much help hence why there being not much point to this thread. My amp is centrally located so unless i space my speakers out (which i dont as dont do places large enough) then 5m should be fine and yes i did measure out with a piece of string.
For the money i paid for a set, im not gonna waste much if they fail and can always use as a spare set once i get myself a decent set.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-08-2009, 05:38 PM
There wasn't much point to the thread as you said there wasn't much choice on Ebay (which there is if you look in people's shops) and then after a few answers, bought on Ebay anyway!

JAMdisco
11-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Make sure you get some 'back-up leads'. Probably the cheapest and most used piece of back up equipment you can get.

Also, I would advise to get different lengths, if 5m is enough for 'most' gigs, make sure you get at least one 10m cable.

Best (and cheapest) way is to make them yourself, pretty easy even for amatuers (if I can do it, anyone can :p ) Just make sure you get decent quality cables & connectors. The proper 'Speakon' ones are best but some of the cheaper branded ones should be fine.

Excalibur
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Make sure you get some 'back-up leads'. Probably the cheapest and most used piece of back up equipment you can get.

Also, I would advise to get different lengths, if 5m is enough for 'most' gigs, make sure you get at least one 10m cable.

Best (and cheapest) way is to make them yourself, pretty easy even for amatuers (if I can do it, anyone can :p ) Just make sure you get decent quality cables & connectors. The proper 'Speakon' ones are best but some of the cheaper branded ones should be fine.

Especially cable. I should have cleaned Maplins out when I got my last batch. Didn't realise the splendid price was an "end of line" :doh:

Also check all retaining screws for tightness.

notroubleclubber
12-08-2009, 04:33 PM
All ordered.Thanks for the help. Got 2 good sets, one to use as backup.

NKR
18-09-2009, 09:21 AM
It would appear I am too late as already ordered. 4 months too late, but thought I would add this anyhow.

The cheapest way is to order your cable and then your speakon ends seperately and make them yourself. You can order by the meter.

I have two 5 meter cables with speakon to speakon and then additional cable in two 10m jack to speakon and two 5m jack to speakon. I then have a number of Neutrix speakon to jack adaptors.

Went set close in I am good with speakon to speakon. When wide I can expand and it leaves me flexible to have one speaker 20 metres away and the other 5 where room layouts are strange.

I also have the added benefit of being able to use both speakon and jack amps in case of emergency (ie my racked crown dies and my back up racked QSC dies I then revert to the old Macgregor in the back of the trailer, which is jack output)

Again I know its old thread, but for anyone looking for cable its the way forward.