PDA

View Full Version : Wedding - Bouquet/Garter etc.

djlowry
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Playing after a band Friday night and think I may have to do some of the wedding formalities ie. throwing of bouquet, taking garter off etc.

Just wondering on people's opinions on what to play.
Was thinking maybe Single Ladies/Hot Stuff type of music.

Dynamic Entertainment
12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Tom Jones You can leave your hat on for the garter :D

Ryu
12-08-2009, 07:48 PM
If the bride is a big girl wearing yellow you could go for Tie a yellow Ribbon :D

djlowry
12-08-2009, 08:31 PM
If the bride is a big girl wearing yellow you could go for Tie a yellow Ribbon :D

Good choon but want the night to be a success!

Ryu
12-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Good choon but want the night to be a success!

I know, only playing. The Stripper, Single Ladies, Hot stuff, Leave your hat on, all good suggestions. Not sure whether either event NEED music though. I though a bouquet toss would be an end of the night announcement as opposed to a 3 minute song accompanied event.

And if she wants to make a meal of the Garter removal, then the songs mentioned will suit the act itself perfectly!

Vectis
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Garter removal ceremony demands 'maneater' by Nelly Furtado. Get the crowd in a circle stomping and clapping along before the lyrics kick in and they realise what they are - always good for a laugh.

Disclaimer: The above advice should be considered in the context of the "type" of wedding being played at!

PropellerHeadCase
12-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Also worth using is Yello 'Oh Yeah!'.

rob1963
12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Playing after a band Friday night and think I may have to do some of the wedding formalities ie. throwing of bouquet, taking garter off etc.

Just wondering on people's opinions on what to play.
Was thinking maybe Single Ladies/Hot Stuff type of music.

It might be an idea to ask the bride if she has any particular songs in mind.

:)

Jonathan Ford
14-08-2009, 09:50 AM
No garter removal, mores the pity, but I've recently been using Single Ladies as a bed for throwing the bouquet.