PDA

View Full Version : New Website For Fellow DJ

SC Events
26-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi All,

I have made a website for a fellow DJ (He has helped me find my feet and he has been mates with my dad since before I was born).

He also passes work on to me when I don't have anything and he has about 5/6 DJ's working for him as well. (I will get him to register on here one day lol).

Anyways, what do you guys think of this website:

www.tamworthdiscoandkaraoke.webeden.co.uk (http://www.tamworthdiscoandkaraoke.webeden.co.uk/)

He is going to register a .co.uk Domain and I will link it up to that for him.

Constructive criticism please, so fire away.

Cheers,

Scott.

OllieJames
26-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

I have made a website for a fellow DJ (He has helped me find my feet and he has been mates with my dad since before I was born).

He also passes work on to me when I don't have anything and he has about 5/6 DJ's working for him as well. (I will get him to register on here one day lol).

Anyways, what do you guys think of this website:

www.tamworthdiscoandkaraoke.webeden.co.uk (http://www.tamworthdiscoandkaraoke.webeden.co.uk/)

He is going to register a .co.uk Domain and I will link it up to that for him.

Constructive criticism please, so fire away.

Cheers,

Scott.

Although it's very simple - everything is easy to read which is obviously a plus. There's a couple of grammar issues, such as on the prices page:

Most suited to very small events & large kids parties.

I would change to;

Suitable for very small events and large children's parties.

Although it still contradicts itself!

SC Events
26-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I've just copied the text and colour scheme from his old website and just tarted it up a bit.

rob1963
26-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi Scott,

I'd clean up the home page a bit. There seem to be some unnecessary spaces. There are some places where there's space to start the next sentence on the same line, but this has been left blank & the new sentence has been started on the next line down. Also, there is one line of text with double spaces between the words for some reason.

I'm also not sure about the phrase "Our reputation is well regarded at the world's leading pubs, clubs, hotels, conference and banqueting centres and historic venues." That's one hell of a claim...especialy as it says the policy is to provide entertainment at TAMWORTH'S leading social & business events!

In the middle of the home page there is a sentence which incorrectly uses capital letters at the start of some words, and in the text at the very bottom of the page "mixed aged groups" needs changing to "mixed age groups".

On the gallery page, with the exception of the first couple, the photos are of very poor quality, as if they were taken on a cheap mobile phone, which doesn't project a very professional image. This is a shame, as I'd especially like to see a good quality version of the photo on the top right! ;)

I think an empty testimonials page is a bad idea. I'd either get some on there quick, or remove the page until I'd received some.

On the contact us page I'd add an email link for people who don't want to use the contact form.

Finally, I'd space the mobile phone number and also add a landline number if possible.

Hope this helps.

:)

SC Events
26-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Cheers Rob,

I have just copied the text and pictures from his current website and moved things around a bit. I will edit it now though.

The spacing may look odd because I have used the 'justified' text thingy to make it all align as a block. (Is now edited)

The Picture on the top right is his daughter :D She is a professional DJ!

Thanks again.

Charlie Brown
26-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't like the web address. Why webedeen?

SC Events
26-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Because I use webeden as my host, it will soon be changed to:

www.tamworthdiscoandkaraoke.co.uk

Spirits High
26-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Because I use webeden as my host, it will soon be changed to:

www.tamworthdiscoandkaraoke.co.uk

Scott,

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs , I'm no web guru.

But you want to buy that domain NOW otherwise some with less morals than me will snap it up at £5.98 for 2 years :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SC Events
26-08-2009, 02:30 PM
The other DJ is buying it, I've just made the website. Although, he did say he was going to buy it last night.

Jiggles
26-08-2009, 03:16 PM
You can buy it charge him for it and you just put his address down as the owner and yours as web master!

Spirits High
26-08-2009, 03:59 PM
You can buy it charge him for it and you just put his address down as the owner and yours as web master!

Or I could buy it, charge a fortune, go on holiday :D ;)

SC Events
26-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Where's the cheapest place to buy it from?

Jiggles
26-08-2009, 04:16 PM
1and1 do it for £5 for two years.

SC Events
26-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Done!

Now I'm just setting up the link to it.

DazzyD
26-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Good to see you've got the domain registered. I found a tremendous name available for our new project and set up a test site on a free webhosting service before I'd registered the domain. A day later, the name had been registered to someone else and their not even connected to discos or entertainment! Thieving :Censored: !

Moral of this story is if you get a good idea and the domain is available then don't do anything until you've registered it. I had to change the name of the project so, for me, it's a case of once bitten...

I'd especially like to see a good quality version of the photo on the top right! ;)

Hey! Keep it clean! Family forum!

rob1963
26-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I'd especially like to see a good quality version of the photo on the top right!

Hey! Keep it clean! Family forum!

I AM keeping it clean, Dazzy.

I meant that due to the poor quality of the photo I can't tell what kit she's using, which is a shame.

:D

The_Blue_Dragon
27-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice start but first thing I would do is sort the Home page out. Thats way too much text for the first page. Also the Home page is the first page anyone sees so it needs to be eye catching. What I would do is place one of the pictures aligned to the right of the text so the first thing people see is a photo of people enjoying themself

On the Our Services page some of the lines are indented which makes it look untidy.

Good start though

huma
01-09-2009, 03:55 AM
I am designing a website as well but its all so foreign to me so I may be talking absolute bull (ignore me if i am)

I like the site, its very simple and easy to navigate.

I think the homepage needs to be cleaner. Pictures at the top rather than the bottom and less text

Also in the our services, the text is very small.

Overall a good effort