PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke with NO Presentation

a2bdisco
26-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I thought I'd tell you about a Karaoke I went to last weekend at my mom in laws pub. He was a Laptop Karaoke.
He had no Presentation at all, no Good Evening, Welcome to ......
None of that at all.
I got introduced to him by my other halves brother.
I asked him about the ProDub and he said he stays ignorant to that fact, as he only does Karaoke every 2 weeks and that he gets all his songs from the internet.
His Karaoke computer kept crashing, I even had to endure an extended introduction, as it was repeating itself, to Footloose by Kenny Loggins when I tried to sing it.
And to make matters worse, as if they could be, I nearly tripped over the extension cables he was using, as they were all over the place.

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you about it.

Thanks

Mark, All Star Disco & Karaoke

Larry B Entertainment
26-08-2009, 01:18 PM
And to make matters worse, as if they could be, I nearly tripped over the extension cables he was using, as they were all over the place.

From what you say, I doubt he would have had PLI either :eek:

Mark Wild
26-08-2009, 01:24 PM
If he downloads his songs from the internet straight onto his playout HDD he wouldn't need Produb, I bet he was thrilled you were grilling him on Produb at introduction stage "Hi my names Mark please to meet you, have you got a ProDub licence"

DJMaxG
26-08-2009, 01:31 PM
He is a 'one man show' who is a Pub Karaoke Operator.

He doesn't charge £2,000 for a Wedding Disco, and downloads the tracks directly to the computer.

I'm sure he loved being asked whether he had a Produb :eek:

dmckaraoke
26-08-2009, 01:38 PM
If he downloads his songs from the internet straight onto his playout HDD he wouldn't need Produb, I bet he was thrilled you were grilling him on Produb at introduction stage "Hi my names Mark please to meet you, have you got a ProDub licence"

I think when he used the term "internet" Im sure he means.. Pirated karaoke tracks from so call file sharing sites.....

soundtracker
26-08-2009, 01:48 PM
I'd have been more inclined to question your mother-in-law as to why she booked him, and asked her if she realised she could lose her Public Entertainment Licence by allowing someone to use pirated discs!

Charlie Brown
26-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I personally don't see the point in this thread.

StarZSoundS
26-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I thought I'd tell you about a Karaoke I went to last weekend at my mom in laws pub. He was a Laptop Karaoke.
He had no Presentation at all, no Good Evening, Welcome to ......
None of that at all.
I got introduced to him by my other halves brother.
I asked him about the ProDub and he said he stays ignorant to that fact, as he only does Karaoke every 2 weeks and that he gets all his songs from the internet.
His Karaoke computer kept crashing, I even had to endure an extended introduction, as it was repeating itself, to Footloose by Kenny Loggins when I tried to sing it.

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you about it.

Thanks

Mark, All Star Disco & Karaoke

Hello Again....

How you doing....Thought you did a great version of Footloose!!

Thanks for suggesting the Forum to me!!

:sofa:

DJ Jules
26-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Hello Again....

:zip: Awkward moment...?

Alchemy
26-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Hello Again....

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: I like your style

Mark Wild
26-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Hello Again....

:lol: Surely not !

Babybob
26-08-2009, 03:33 PM
He is a 'one man show' who is a Pub Karaoke Operator.

He doesn't charge £2,000 for a Wedding Disco, and downloads the tracks directly to the computer.

I'm sure he loved being asked whether he had a Produb :eek:

Do you know him then Max......who do you know that charges £2000 for a wedding disco?
He downloads the tracks directly to his laptop but where from, maybe from an illegal source we don't know but if he were legit then don't you think he would have been more professional in his cabling methods and his inadequate playout system.

If you are a legitimate operator who does hold a Produb licence and Pli, Pat etc then there is no harm in asking another operator if they have them.

Yet again you have commented on something you know nothing about.:Censored:

StarZSoundS
26-08-2009, 03:35 PM
:lol: Surely not !

PPPPPllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss ssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Him Anglesey.................Me South Yorkshire!!

Now behave!

Mark Wild
26-08-2009, 03:42 PM
PPPPPllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss ssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Him Anglesey.................Me South Yorkshire!!

Now behave!

I didn't look tbh lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I personally don't see the point in this thread.

There appears to be lots of them over the last few days.

Don't worry, the hatchet man is coming. :sj:

DazzyD
26-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I didn't look tbh lol

I did. Just to be on the safe side.

mark karaoke
26-08-2009, 06:35 PM
mark is right --- must be a problem all over anglesey.we got a couple in holyhead too ---maplins finest system and an old laptop. i've known them to put in quotes of £25 a night. luckily most of the local landlords are switched on and tell them where to go.but they have been known to ruin the odd wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! parasites:Censored: :Censored:

StarZSoundS
26-08-2009, 07:03 PM
When it first started the Karaoke Laser Discs were a fortune to buy.....now for the price of a hard drive and mate in the know the cheap and nasty boys can have a collection of 20,000 overnight.

The trouble is some of the publicans and general public haven't QUITE caught on to this yet and are still easily impressed with someone who can throw words onto a screen from a laptop.For that reason their £25 looks well spent??

ppentertainments
26-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Another totally pointless thread !! :bang: :bang:

Why do we keep slating other DJ's ??

What was the budget for the entertainment ? This was your in-laws pub so why did she not check produb, PLI, PAT etc ?? Surely she is as much at fault here, but did you tell her ??

Doing a pub karaoke it is often hard to give proper introductions as people wander in and out all night, yes you could have some talking over the mic, but does this entertainer do this or is he mic shy ??

Sorry for the rant, and I will be honest I have not read the whole thread, I am just sick and tired about 'entertainers' slagging others off. It does nothing for the industry and TBH I think the main reason people do it is because they are not confident in their own abilities !!

Point made - off to sit in a darkened room now :D :D

Dynamic Entertainment
27-08-2009, 12:16 AM
:agree: Im too lazy to type all that.....

DJ Frankie
27-08-2009, 05:28 AM
I cant understand why the chap who started the thread advertises as a disco & Karaoke operator BUT his mother in law chose to use another operator even when her son-in-law was not working????? :beer1: :p

a2bdisco
27-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I cant understand why the chap who started the thread advertises as a disco & Karaoke operator BUT his mother in law chose to use another operator even when her son-in-law was not working????? :beer1: :p

Lets answer that shall I?

I'm in Anglesey, she's in England, and I'm not gonna travel over 150 miles for the payment she was giving him.
I thought I'd tell you lot because I wasn't sure what to do, tell her or not.

Thanks for those who gave me information which I found useful. I shall tell her ASAP.
As for that one who said about me not working, well aren't I allowed a night off?

Mark

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2009, 10:55 AM
If you are not slating anyone, then why pick on one person. I have edited your post to reflect that.

a2bdisco
27-08-2009, 11:30 AM
If you are not slating anyone, then why pick on one person. I have edited your post to reflect that.

Because he said personally he can't see the point in this thread.

As for those who say those who slate people do so because the haven't got confidence in their own abilities.
Well, I've done disco's since 14, I'm 40 now, and never had any confidence worries about my abilities.

And as a Post Script to this, I've got to point out that although this Karaoke had these problems, he did have a pretty decent sounding system, when it worked.

Mark

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2009, 12:05 PM

Personally, I can't either.

If it was someone we could help and point in the right direction, then fair enough. All we have appeared to done in this thread is point out his faults.

andyw
27-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Do you know him then Max......who do you know that charges £2000 for a wedding disco?
He downloads the tracks directly to his laptop but where from, maybe from an illegal source we don't know but if he were legit then don't you think he would have been more professional in his cabling methods and his inadequate playout system.

If you are a legitimate operator who does hold a Produb licence and Pli, Pat etc then there is no harm in asking another operator if they have them.

Yet again you have commented on something you know nothing about.:Censored:

don't see how cabling methods would effect him being legit or not, seen many rigs on here with poor cabling don't mean they are not legit operators. yes he would look better and be safer but just because they have untidy cables surely don't mean they must be downloading illegally.

i do agree we all should spend a lot more time worrying about our own shows and weakneses rather than worrying about joeblogs

DJMaxG
27-08-2009, 12:21 PM
i do agree we all should spend a lot more time worrying about our own shows and weakneses rather than worrying about joeblogs

:approve: Bang on Track :approve:

ppentertainments
27-08-2009, 05:27 PM

lets put it another way. What is the point of this thread ?? and
why did you start it ?? What do you intend to gain / contribute from starting such a thread ??

StarZSoundS
27-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Another totally pointless thread !! :bang: :bang:

It does nothing for the industry and TBH I think the main reason people do it is because they are not confident in their own abilities !!

:D :D

I think you have a point.....however....there is more creedance to this thread than some I have seen regarding footwear and food tastes.

If you can honestly say you never judge the DJ at the odd wedding we get to go to then fine.... I know I do....perhaps not publicly.... but in my mind he comes well befoe the prawns and sausage rolls in my assesment.Similairly if a chef is in the same situation he will analyze the food firstly

The OP hasnt condemned his COLLEAGUE he has reported what he has seen.So .....part of my job is to keep abreast of what the competiton is doing but given the reaction this poor chap has had I doubt wether I'll be posting my findings on here!!

ppentertainments
27-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I think you have a point.....however....there is more creedance to this thread than some I have seen regarding footwear and food tastes.

If you can honestly say you never judge the DJ at the odd wedding we get to go to then fine.... I know I do....perhaps not publicly.... but in my mind he comes well befoe the prawns and sausage rolls in my assesment.Similairly if a chef is in the same situation he will analyze the food firstly

The OP hasnt condemned his COLLEAGUE he has reported what he has seen.So .....part of my job is to keep abreast of what the competiton is doing but given the reaction this poor chap has had I doubt wether I'll be posting my findings on here!!

But what is to gain from a posting which basically slags someone off ?? If this person was a member of the forum and was seeking to improve the service, then the OP could have rightly posted his opinions on how to improve.

This KJ however was hired to work in a pub. We don't know the circumstances, the fee, the requirements etc so why do we have the right to slate him on a public forum ?

Yes I do analyse other disco's but would not dream of sounding 'up myself' by commenting about them oon a public forum.

A few weeks ago I done a karaoke for a fellow forum member which in my own opinion (and indeed it was) a disaster - we ALL have them. This forum member has remained professional and did not come on here slating me. (BTW I now personally do not do karaoke, and now awaits a report from said forum member :D )

I would far rather hear about great discos than poor ones. That way I can gain knowledge and ideas of how to improve myself.

StarZSoundS
27-08-2009, 06:47 PM
A few weeks ago I done a karaoke for a fellow forum member which in my own opinion (and indeed it was) a disaster - we ALL have them. This forum member has remained professional and did not come on here slating me. (BTW I now personally do not do karaoke, and now awaits a report from said forum member :D )

Huge respect to you for admitting it.Though to me there looks like there are some phenomonal DJ'S on here...... we must keep in mind that we are all capable of making it look as though we have never done the job before in our life.

However...I can't see why the phonemonal DJ's on here would indulge in 60 posts on socks and sauce... and condemn the OP... when all this poor guy wanted to do was talk about the shortcomings some of us have in the business.

Dynamic Entertainment
27-08-2009, 08:52 PM
To put it another way Martin. How would you feel to come across this forum...decide to join and realise whilst reading a thread that the DJ being slated was you?

There have been a number of occasions in the recent past (some members still sin-binned (patly because of this still im guessing)) that have rightly or wrongly "names and shamed" (even getting it wrong some times) and then the person in question had joined up...........

StarZSoundS
27-08-2009, 09:16 PM
To put it another way Martin. How would you feel to come across this forum...decide to join and realise whilst reading a thread that the DJ being slated was you?

Get where you're coming from .....However

It is unlikely that someone at that stage would be looking to join a forum....he'd be too busy kakking himself about the next function.

I have only joined in the last fortnight and fortunately have not recognised myself in any of the adverse descriptions.

I also realise that I have learnt a lot during my time and when I started I was making SOME of the mistakes mentioned by the OP.Hell....I even paid the price of going to a function with 1 amplifier!!!:bang:

My concern is that some of you seem so totally unaffected by the smoking ban....recession....Ipod DJ's.....Entertainment venues closing that you would desert a business thread to talk about sauce and socks....I think:confused: i'm impressed!!

ppentertainments
27-08-2009, 09:37 PM
My concern is that some of you seem so totally unaffected by the smoking ban....recession....Ipod DJ's.....Entertainment venues closing that you would desert a business thread to talk about sauce and socks....I think:confused: i'm impressed!!
Don't want to sound cocky, but stick around and you will learn how to rise above these fears.

Also the sock/sauce threads - these were in the MDD Chat section, a place to chill out a bit, and personally would not count this thread as a 'business thread'.

StarZSoundS
27-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Don't want to sound cocky, but stick around and you will learn how to rise above these fears.

Also the sock/sauce threads - these were in the MDD Chat section, a place to chill out a bit, and personally would not count this thread as a 'business thread'.

Not sure that confident(or a similair word) and rise sit too well in the same sentence on here.:eek:

However I AM enjoying it and plan to stick around as long Darren will allow it.:whistle:

bobmo
03-10-2009, 05:36 AM
What are use all like
a bunch of old sweety wifes lol

bobmo
03-10-2009, 05:42 AM
don't see how cabling methods would effect him being legit or not, seen many rigs on here with poor cabling don't mean they are not legit operators. yes he would look better and be safer but just because they have untidy cables surely don't mean they must be downloading illegally.

well said