PDA

View Full Version : My diy website total cost: £0.00

huma
31-08-2009, 12:39 AM
check out djhuma.tk

okay so it needs a lot of work but i've only been working on it for an 1 and a 1/2 hours but I am determined to make it better.

By the way this was my first crack at website design, i know very little about it so please be gentle with you comments, Oh and the picture will change once I get a better one!

Cheers

Huma

Jiggles
31-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Nice to see a Mac user using iWeb :D

DJWilson
31-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Hi, Its a bit dark and the index header isnt to easy to read, also on the other 3 pages the menu bumps up due to the index header not being there.

huma
31-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the comments

@ Dj Wilson

I kinda liked the dark look and thought it was very visible but I suppose everyones eyes are different, I will make it brighter.

The reason why the navigation bar moves is because I stupidly copied and pasted it like that not because of the index header. This will be fixed.

Also I will be adding more content soon.

I hate to go off topic but I read somewhere that you will be on the dj tutor stand at BPM? I will be there to, in-fact that picture on my website is from BPM 2008.

Huma

rob1963
31-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi, Its a bit dark and the index header isnt to easy to read

Agreed.

Also, I have no idea which of the people in the photo is the DJ, or is it both of them?

:shrug:

Dynamic Entertainment
31-08-2009, 11:22 AM
As has been said, its a bit dark IMO.

Downloads?- Im assuming that its going to be mixes, but are you aware of the copyright issues? I know that Judge Jules and every other famous Dj does this, but still......

I would put a bit of more info on your home page (but i realise its a working progress).

Also, have more contact details. It looks a but like a cowboy outfit just having a hotmail email address. Alot of people say that its not too good just having a mobile number, because you could take boiokings, stop the hotmail account, change mobiles and do a runner ;)

Personally i think that [email protected] would be better.

Also...why the .tk domain?

DJWilson
31-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Personally i think that [email protected] would be better.

Also...why the .tk domain?

dot.tk is a free web redirecter or page host where you own a webpage in this case its from another website and .tk allows you to you another webpage for the .tk

www.dot.tk (http://www.dot.tk)

DJ Jules
31-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Agreed.

Also, I have no idea which of the people in the photo is the DJ, or is it both of them?

:shrug:

I was wondering that - I'd probably assume it to be the one wearing the headphones! Incidentally, the mirror and fade effect at the bottom of the photo makes it look like he's got no legs and she's got an odd low pregnant bump (actually a boob upside down).

Julian

DJWilson
31-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the comments

@ Dj Wilson

I kinda liked the dark look and thought it was very visible but I suppose everyones eyes are different, I will make it brighter.

The reason why the navigation bar moves is because I stupidly copied and pasted it like that not because of the index header. This will be fixed.

Also I will be adding more content soon.

I hate to go off topic but I read somewhere that you will be on the dj tutor stand at BPM? I will be there to, in-fact that picture on my website is from BPM 2008.

Huma

I could read it, although some people can find it harder to read with certain colours/shades etc.

PS I will be on the stand for this years BPM.

huma
31-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback, the .tk will defo change to a .co.uk. I'm just using to so as I progress I can some feedback from people.

I am the male in the picture but it was the only descent one I had of me. This will change as mentioned.

Thanks for the comment, I will give you guys an update as soon as I make some progress on it.