PDA

View Full Version : The Contract (where do i start?)

huma
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Hello guys,

I did a search on the forum and didn't come up with much. I am getting ready to start a dj business as I need help with creating a contract. Could you please help by giving me some pointers or even (i know its cheeky) pming me your to have a nosey.

All i have gathered so far:

The contract includes the terms and conditions.
The contract is usually posted to the client and needs to be signed in advance.

Thanks in advance

Huma

Dynamic Entertainment
21-09-2009, 09:36 PM
The contract needs to set out exactly what the clients expects of you...and anything you expect of the client.

Usually you would include things like: Clients contact details, venue details, Start time, end time, fee, etc etc.

Penfold42
21-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Hello guys,

I did a search on the forum and didn't come up with much. I am getting ready to start a dj business as I need help with creating a contract. Could you please help by giving me some pointers or even (i know its cheeky) pming me your to have a nosey.

All i have gathered so far:

The contract includes the terms and conditions.
The contract is usually posted to the client and needs to be signed in advance.

Thanks in advance

Huma

PM me your e-mail address....i'll send you a copy of mine.
You can take out or add on if you like. :)

Dynamic Entertainment
21-09-2009, 10:45 PM
PM me your e-mail address....i'll send you a copy of mine.
You can take out or add on if you like. :)

Forgot to add...likewise for me too... :)

DazzyD
22-09-2009, 09:13 AM
The best contracts are a two-way agreement. You really need to balance what you expect from the client with what the client can expect from you.

If a contract is too one-sided, this can put the client off signing it (if it is too much in your favour) or it could make you lose out yourself (if you are giving too much away to the client).

As a business, we expect a lot from our clients. However, we balance this with an extra special clause in favour of the client which, we believe, is unique in our industry.

Our booking system is all integrated (which is a pain as the PC it is on has died and I now need to reinstall from backups). However, when I get it up and running (hopefully by the end of the week) I'll happily let you look over a copy of the contract for inspiration. It was based on a generic "Terms Of Service" business contract anyway and amended to suit our requirements.