PDA

View Full Version : Using more screens ??

pineapple
08-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Just wondering is there a easy way to connect screens up for karaoke ie like from laptop to lcd screen without using long wires ? also is there away to connect more screens to a laptop for karaoke as well again without using to much wires :confused:

Larry B Entertainment
08-09-2009, 11:27 AM
What connections / cables are you currently using and how many more screens do you want to use ?

pineapple
08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
we are using a normal cable from laptop to lcd screen but with the cable everywhere is there a better way for this ?

DazzyD
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
You could try a VideoSender unit. Your cable plugs in to the transmitter and your screen connects to the receiver. The signal is then sent wirelessly.

Not sure if they can work with one transmitter to multiple receivers (ie utilising multiple displays) but I can't see why not so long as all the receivers are on the same frequency as the transmitter.

Larry B Entertainment
08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
we are using a normal cable from laptop to lcd screen but with the cable everywhere is there a better way for this ?

S Video or VGA ? If its S video then Dazzy's idea of using an AV sender might be the solution, senders with VGA on tend be so much more expensive. Wireless is the way to go if you want rid of cables trailing everywhere.

djdave01
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
i tried using a video sender a few years ago, worked ok but if there was a wireless router anywhere near it caused interferance.

most tv's have more than one scart socket, most can send the picture on the tv out though the 2nd scart which you can connect to another tv.

my gig pc has s-video out. i have a short cable that changes from s-video to RGB, which i can connect via a scart adaptor to the 1st tv. I then just connect from 1 tv to another using scart cables. Ive run 4 tv's like this.

Sounds a little complicated, but once you've set it up once, its easy enough.

DJ James Lake
08-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Forget TV screens and use PC monitors then use a vga splitter and you wont get any signal loss

djdave01
08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Forget TV screens and use PC monitors then use a vga splitter and you wont get any signal loss

I looked into this method, decided the cables were too thick & heavy to be continuosly moved around.
Also, linking from 1 tv to another via scart sockets doesnt lose any signal quality.

DJ James Lake
08-09-2009, 10:37 PM
It really depends what cables you use, I use really cheap ones which are about the same thickness as dmx cables and just as flexible and have not let me down in 2 years. Funny though the expensive cable which is about 10mm thick that I started by using lasted about 3 gigs before packing up.

welby
10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
It really depends what cables you use, I use really cheap ones which are about the same thickness as dmx cables and just as flexible and have not let me down in 2 years. Funny though the expensive cable which is about 10mm thick that I started by using lasted about 3 gigs before packing up.

Yup I can vouch for that - I run a simple VGA splitter from my laptop when using multiple screens and If I just need one screen I use a log S-Video cable.