PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new purchases

Jonathan Ford
09-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi Guys

As you may remember from posts passim, I'm pretty much in the dark ages when it comes to kit. Over the weekend, I bought my first LED light, an ACME Tango 2. However, the room I perform 95% of my gigs in has a capacity of around 100, and the Tango fills it pretty much single handedly (I ran the Tango at gigs there on Friday and Saturday, with two geriatric Double Derby's either side, and it was too much). My problem is that my crossbar looks bare with just three lights on it, but three lights is probably too much for the room (particularly lights of the "coloured dots" variety).

My thoughts are to but a second Tango, and put an ADJ Megabar between them. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Larry B Entertainment
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
The thing to remember is its ok to have a few lights because you dont have to have them switched on all at the same time. Its nice to have a bit of variety and have them ready at the touch of a button.

If you looking at just 3 lights, I would have a tango on each end and an ADJ Impossibled or a Chauvet Vue 6 as a centrepiece.

Cant remember much about the Tango's. Are they DMX / Linkable ?

Jonathan Ford
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
The thing to remember is its ok to have a few lights because you dont have to have them switched on all at the same time. Its nice to have a bit of variety and have them ready at the touch of a button.

If you looking at just 3 lights, I would have a tango on each end and an ADJ Impossibled or a Chauvet Vue 6 as a centrepiece.

The Tango's aren't DMX - sound to light only, which suits me (dinosaur...). I had a look at the Vue 6 before I bought the Tango. One thing I am pretty keen to avoid is anymore coloured dots flying around the room, so had pretty much ruled out an Impossibled.

Adam_F
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM

They're not. Just sound-to-light

Dynamic Entertainment
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Fill it with a couple of wash lights. Pars or like you say megabar