PDA

View Full Version : New Website just published

ajays
10-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Guys, I have just designed and published my website.
I would love to get some feed back... Cheers

http://www.islandsoundz.com

Charlie Brown
10-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Not a bad site....shame the pictures aren't fantastic quality.

ajays
10-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah, You are right about the quality of the pics. Those are just recent one's I used to get a bit of content on the site. Cheers.........

huma
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
There are some adverts by google at the bottom which would get rid of because they are advertising your competition.

The site is very easy to read and navigate, so plus points on that. I am not keen on the color scheme but I think its just my personal preference. Oh and the party balloons sort of look out of place.

Hope this helps

ajays
10-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Huma, thank's for your feed back, I think you are right about the ballons, they would be better placed on a childrens party page .
The colour scheme has given me the most problems so I guess that needs a bit more work. Cheer's ....................

huma
10-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi Huma, thank's for your feed back, I think you are right about the ballons, they would be better placed on a childrens party page .
The colour scheme has given me the most problems so I guess that needs a bit more work. Cheer's ....................

Yeah i've been messing around with different color ideas as I am in the design stage of my website and I was dead set on black and purple, I thought it was brilliant but then everyone else thought it was rubbish. So i changed it to this: www.djhuma.tk have a look.

ajays
10-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Huma,
I like your design, but I am not to sure about the text. I found it quite difficult to read in places. I think I am going to spend time looking around the web at some of the pro sites and hopefully see what works. I suppose the best thing is to keep things simple..... Cheers........
P.S your mixing sounds pretty cool..............

huma
10-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi Huma,
I like your design, but I am not to sure about the text. I found it quite difficult to read in places. I think I am going to spend time looking around the web at some of the pro sites and hopefully see what works. I suppose the best thing is to keep things simple..... Cheers........
P.S your mixing sounds pretty cool..............

Thanks buddy, yeah mine is still a work in progress, I'm always changing things, working on my terms and conditions at the mo and once I get the content sorted I will work on the fonts etc.

Yeah just find a site you think is very cool and mimic it but don't copy anything without prior permission of course.

Vectisvibe has some very good tips on building a website, pm him, i'm sure he will help.

Cheers

discomobiledj
11-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Make sure you use the same font throughout the site. Not sure on the electric pink!

Take a look at the grammar on your site. People are not bothered about who you have your PLI through, I'd take that off.

rob1963
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I agree with the comments about the quality of some of the photos and the Google ads.

Also, the site just has a home made look about it, rather than a professional one.

Have you checked out the website of your competition? :eek:

ajays
11-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Guys, Thank's for your previous feed back.
I have just returned back to the forum, after doing a complete overall of the colour scheme, and removing some of the images. ie ballons on the header etc. I have also used a minimum of colours and hopefully they blend in with each other nicely. Please take a look..............Cheers
http://www.islandsoundz.co.uk

discomobiledj
11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
The words "Get everyone on the dance floor with" needs changing to one style of text. The word Get is in a different text to the rest.

ajays
11-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Thank's Steve, I was just testing, that word out....Lol.

ajays
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
O.K.
Apart from the the pics, I dont think I can do much more to this site, unless I scrap it all together and start again..........
http://www.islandsoundsoundz.com

ajays
16-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi Guy,s
After reading your comments on this thread, I have really gone to town and done some major changes to my site. The site now looks clean and is easy to navigate. The pics have been removed and will be replaced with good quality one's. I still have the google banner, but this is right at the bottom of the page. My only worry is, have I gone to far with the design of the header ?
Your comments would be welcome. Cheers..............

ajays
16-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry I never put the site address on : http://www.islandsoundz.co.uk