PDA

View Full Version : Targets?

callbarney
14-09-2009, 10:01 PM
How many of you set yourselves targets?

I presume most of you are all here for the same reason as I am... to better your business! But what is bettering your business? If you don't have direction, how do you know where you will end up?

Setting targets for me has been a key to some of my success, this has been passed down by my (unofficial) mentor David Summers (aka Derek Pengelly). Setting targets make me strive to achieve, of course because I not only give myself an incentive (anything from a new gadget to a spa massage) but I also know that I have made my business and and myself better, as the targets are get with a growth, expansive and development hindsight.

Tagets can be anything such as:
- Generate 10 leads a week
- Book 3 events a week
- Receive 30 unique website hits per month

anything which is measurable help as you can quantify if...

(this is a post I made on another forum, but believe it may help many here)

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Setting targets for me has been a key to some of my success

What are you considering success to be?

Dynamic Entertainment
14-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Targets of KPIs? And as daz said..what is the measure of sucess? is it £xx,xxx in the bank, or reputation for example.

My target currently is enough bookings to get a van...but ive got to stop spending on other things too ;)

Vectis
14-09-2009, 10:57 PM
For me my target is to generate £x nett on average per month to keep me & mine in the manner to which we have become accustomed.

x includes an amount for a few of the luxuries in life such as a pension plan contribution, private healthcare and a decent holiday each year.

Anything over the target is a bonus, and anything under it is a worry (and a kick up the backside).

I don't want to rule the world; I just want to be comfortable in my part of it.
:beer1:

rob1963
14-09-2009, 11:03 PM
My own view is that in this country as a whole, regardless of the industry or service, there is far too much emphasis placed on targets for this & targets for that...and not enough emphasis of the quality of service given.

When I went full time 5 years ago, I never set myself any specific targets, other than to increase my bookings & improve my customer service, and I seem to have done okay.