PDA

View Full Version : Wedding fayre...thoroughly worn out :)

Dynamic Entertainment
20-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Well just got back from a wedding fayre, nice and local...2 minuted down the road. It was organised by a secondary school, but wasnt that well advertised...still it only cost me £40 so cheap compared to them.

I was originally wanting to show a promo video, but that ended up getting knocked on the head as they were worried that everyone would have their tellys on full blast (sorry Ollie :o )

Anyway, i was providing the background music which was ok by me.

The bridal dress shop and Greenwoods were providing the fashion show. Anyway to cut a long story short, the girl that was going to be doing the comparing for the show apparantly didnt know it!!! :eek: :D..... She got "told" she would be up there with a mic and she went whip, trembled and collapses with extreme stage fright :eek:

Guess who ended up comparing.....ME!!!......they wort down all the info on cards...dress....designer...style...colours...mode ls....etc and the models passed me this as they entered the catwalk.

Im now an expert in a-cut skirts, empire line, slik, satin, sashes, trains, designers etc etc :D. It was hard work, but by god did people know i was there! - If you have the chance to actually compare the event i would definately recommend it. Ive only provided background music before now, but im going to offer to compare more often. It works wonders for the enquiries. Even the other outfut said they wouldnt have got up on the runway like that...which makes me wonder just what sort of service they are offering.......

Corabar Entertainment
20-09-2009, 08:57 PM
I've often done the compere bit, and given all the spiel for the wedding dresses, but I get really fed up with the unprofessionalism of some of the wedding shop: Lucky to get info from them seconds before the show starts. Once, I didn't even get ANY info! They just suggested I say something about each dress.... describe it! (Like the punters who were looking at the show couldn't see the same thing as I could!!!!)

Dynamic Entertainment
20-09-2009, 09:02 PM
It would have been nice to get the info before hand, but the shop was great. They were just little slips with the name of the model, designer, brief description and price. Greenwoods on the otherhand....they were terrible. It started with no info, then went to full a4 sheets with loads of writing. I scrapped their sheens in the end. I wasnt getting half way through before the model was leaving the catwalk.

ppentertainments
20-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I used to do a lot of the compere and sound / lighting side when attending wedding fayres, however I used to find that my own stand would suffer as a result.

I am not power mad, but at fayres etc I much prefer to be hands on. Suppose many think I don't trust others, but I am always more pleased with the results when I look after my own stand.

The main bonus is that normally you do not pay for the stand, but even one extra booking cancels out this incentive.

I must admit though Steve, in your situation I would have probably done the same as you, however, as you have found out the information available is often lacking to say the least.

Not wanting to get into debates over various wedding suppliers, but I have found that others often have great displays but lack the knowledge and selling skills needed. Maybe they do not have to sell themselves as much as we do ??

Kernow
20-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Can just see you introducing your next 'First Dance' Steve. ;)
Fully descriptive of what the brides wearing ??? ...... eat your heart out Judith Chalmers !! :D

Corabar Entertainment
20-09-2009, 10:59 PM
...erm.... I'm not Steve! :p

rob1963
20-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Steve,

Glad to hear things went well at the wedding fayre.

I've done a few in my time to help out a colleague, and they were always tiring.

I can't believe how badly organised yours was, not only being poorly advertised but also the person doing the compering the fashion show only finding out just beforehand. Unbelievable!

Kernow
20-09-2009, 11:15 PM

:sorry: for the confusion Angela....was directed toward Dynamic, who is !! ;)

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Corabar Entertainment
20-09-2009, 11:22 PM
OK! Sorry! Whoops! Thought you were responding to my post about having to talk about the dresses without any info! :Embarassed:

Dynamic Entertainment
20-09-2009, 11:24 PM

:sorry: for the confusion Angela....was directed toward Dynamic, who is !! ;)
:rose: :rose: :rose:

Lol

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear things went well at the wedding fayre.

I've done a few in my time to help out a colleague, and they were always tiring.

I can't believe how badly organised yours was, not only being poorly advertised but also the person doing the compering the fashion show only finding out just beforehand. Unbelievable!

Yep. It was the organisers first one though. Its the makings of being good if they sort it out.

Can just see you introducing your next 'First Dance' Steve. ;)
Fully descriptive of what the brides wearing ??? ...... eat your heart out Judith Chalmers !! :D

Of course ;)

I used to do a lot of the compere and sound / lighting side when attending wedding fayres, however I used to find that my own stand would suffer as a result.

I am not power mad, but at fayres etc I much prefer to be hands on. Suppose many think I don't trust others, but I am always more pleased with the results when I look after my own stand.

The main bonus is that normally you do not pay for the stand, but even one extra booking cancels out this incentive.

I must admit though Steve, in your situation I would have probably done the same as you, however, as you have found out the information available is often lacking to say the least.

Not wanting to get into debates over various wedding suppliers, but I have found that others often have great displays but lack the knowledge and selling skills needed. Maybe they do not have to sell themselves as much as we do ??

lol. I did wonder if my own stand would suffer, but apparantly it hasnt. I suppose, even if they didnt see me....they heard me :D and there was plenty of plugging ;)

Ive just finished typing my first two contacts from today, so looking good :)