PDA

View Full Version : Can someone look though this please?

Cj_The_Dj
24-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi guys and gals. I’m going to give booking forms a go I have never done them before. Can some one look though this to see if I have missed anything? I will include my contract and faq’s with a few business cards. I am need of other help as well, im wondering do you include, a printed envelop and stamp or even a pen? Also how do you work out price, as I travel to different gig s so my price may change. Do you tell them a price over the phone and then send out booking form?
Many thanks for the help

Spirits High
24-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Cj,

Personally I do a contract rather than booking form it includes some of the stuff you have on there.

Other bits ie: music are discussed at the pre event meeting if a wedding or via email for parties.

One thing I will say though is watch your spelling.....a fist dance indeed :eek: ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah, and clint?

Client possibly?

Cj_The_Dj
24-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Cj,

Personally I do a contract rather than booking form it includes some of the stuff you have on there.

Other bits ie: music are discussed at the pre event meeting if a wedding or via email for parties.

One thing I will say though is watch your spelling.....a fist dance indeed :eek: ;)

yer it was just a quick draft... you havent got a smaple i could look at have you?

Sapphire Disco
24-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks CJ you made me laugh today, I'm just trying imagine how a fist dance would go, would it be like a fight or something else :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Why put up a quick draft and not spell check it CJ? It looks like you haven't made an effort.

Dynamic Entertainment
24-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I have Contracts. In the booking pack that gets sent out, i include:
1. The contract, part completed by me with details i have, and finished off by the client.
2. Additional Information sheet. Ive seperate ones for different functions and it included (for weddings atleast) couples chosen surname, chosen announcement name (i.e. First names, Mr & Mrs, B&G, or mix as appropriate), first dance...and who joins them (if anyone), second dance and who is invited up, etc etc...playlist and not to playlist...amongst other things.
3. Add-on options. Yes its worth mentioning the extras when speaking, but i include a few sheets with info on the uplighting etc (that alone has swayed 4 people this week)
4. 2 addressed stamped envelopes. I know this has come up before about "customers can afford stamps" etc etc...but its just something i do. One for the contract...and one for the additional sheet in the future.

rob1963
24-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Your proposed booking form asks clients for the venue type & venue address, but not the venue name!

I'm not sure what venue type means, but I'd change that to venue name.

Also, does "dress code" refer to the guests, the DJ or both? I think that needs clarifying.

Shakermaker Promotions
24-09-2009, 06:16 PM
...and put "£50.00 BOOKING FEE" instead of Deposit. If it's cancelled and you don't have it in your Terms & Conditions they may see a deposit as something they will get back.