PDA

View Full Version : New Website - comments please

JDB Entertainment
25-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Okay so I feel my website could do with a facelift and inspired by Scott using www.webeden.co.uk, i thought I would have a trial with them.

Well a few days have passed and I was really enjoying making the site and have now decided to publish it just as an extra site.

I really would welcome comments and hopefully a SEO Expert amongst us will be along aswell. (I have done no SEO work on the site, I have literally just thrown it together!)

Anything people feel needs improving on?

Maybe another page added? And if so what?

Anyway here is the website: http://www.dj-hire-birmingham.co.uk

Enjoy. :D

James

Rowleys
25-09-2009, 03:12 PM
look better then your other free template site lol

how made this for you ?

JDB Entertainment
25-09-2009, 03:15 PM
look better then your other free template site lol

how made this for you ?

Did it myself. :D

Mark Wild
25-09-2009, 03:15 PM
how made this for you ?

Who's How? :p

rob1963
25-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi James,

The text seems to be light grey on the welcome page, white on the about us page and light grey again on the services page. Any reason for the two different colours? If it was me, I'd have them all the same, and I'd use the white, as it's much clearer & easier to read than the light grey.

On the contact form, I'd add a box where they can say how they want to be contacted, as in telephone, email or no preference.

The about us page is riddled with errors, including more than a dozen instances of incorrectly using a capital letter at the beginning of a word instead of a small one.

Also on the about us page, "Whatever your requirments" needs changing to "Whatever your requirements", "Ran by James Bartlett" needs changing to "Run by James Bartlett", "James has been in the entertainments business..." should be "James has been in the entertainment business..." and "Lazer show" needs changing to "Laser show".

Finally, the about us page uses the name James too much for my liking...in fact 7 times in all, which might give the impression (rightly or wrongly) that the business is more about you than the client.

Hope this helps.

:)

simonp
25-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Looks good - Spotted a typo/grammactical on the "about you" page

The business has grown so much that James know has a dedicated number of DJ's who also go out working for the company.

should read 'now' I believe ;)

JDB Entertainment
25-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi James,

The text seems to be light grey on the welcome page, white on the about us page and light grey again on the services page. Any reason for the two different colours? If it was me, I'd have them all the same, and I'd use the white, as it's much clearer & easier to read than the light grey.

On the contact form, I'd add a box where they can say how they want to be contacted, as in telephone, email or no preference.

The about us page is riddled with errors, including more than a dozen instances of incorrectly using a capital letter at the beginning of a word instead of a small one.

Also on the about us page, "Whatever your requirments" needs changing to "Whatever your requirements", "Ran by James Bartlett" needs changing to "Run by James Bartlett", "James has been in the entertainments business..." should be "James has been in the entertainment business..." and "Lazer show" needs changing to "Laser show".

Finally, the about us page uses the name James too much for my liking...in fact 7 times in all, which might give the impression (rightly or wrongly) that the business is more about you than the client.

Hope this helps.

:)

Hi Rob

Thanks for your post.

In answer to your question about different font colours. I never noticed this. Maybe the late nights/early mornings working on it made it all look the same colour.

Thanks for the "About us page" errors! :)

As for the contact page, I had to take off the question, "How did you hear about JDB Entertainment?" as there was not enough space.

I feel if a customer would want contacting via email they will send a contact form in. However if a customer wants to speak to me personally my number is in big numbers on the main page.

However do you feel that my number and email address should be added to all pages at the top?

Before anyone comments that it is a Mobile Number, I have considered a Landline and 0800 number but just have not got round to decideding which method and also speak to the other half about dedicating the landline to business only.

Thanks again Rob! :D

James

JDB Entertainment
25-09-2009, 04:37 PM
All changes made.

Also added contact number and email address to every page.

People's opinions on this welcome. :D

rob1963
25-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi Rob

Thanks for your post.

My pleasure, James.

Glad to help.

:beerchug: