PDA

View Full Version : Arriba AC-145 Flightcase!

MFEntertainment
28-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi All,

My new Arriba AC-145 case has just arrived from Thomann and I am well impressed, so much so I thought I'd post on here!

I bought it to house 4 LED Par 56's and they fit great, the case actually comes with padded dividers, splitting the inside of the case into 4 compartments which will keep them free of scratches, this I wasn't expecting. There is a pocket on the side for my cables and the quality is excellent.

So if you're thinking of buying an Arriba case - DO!

Must say a big thank you to the guys on here who helped me out with deciding on this case, I was planning to buy a Gator case at around four times the price, I now know I have made the right decision!

Cheers all!

Spirits High
28-09-2009, 05:45 PM
All my kit (apart from the decks)is in Aribba cases, well worth it

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I have Arriba bags for my pars and the zips are now starting to go. Ultimately, you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't describe them as flightcases either as they aren't - they are padded bags. Quite a big difference!

MFEntertainment
29-09-2009, 02:43 PM
You're right you do get what you pay for, but I guess easier and cheaper to replace a bag worth a few quid than a lighting unit worth a couple of hundred quid!

Point about it not being a flightcase taken to! Should we call it a flight bag then?!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-09-2009, 04:22 PM
You're right you do get what you pay for, but I guess easier and cheaper to replace a bag worth a few quid than a lighting unit worth a couple of hundred quid!

Point about it not being a flightcase taken to! Should we call it a flight bag then?!!

Padded bag would probably be more accurate. I didn't want people seeing this thread and buying what they thought were flightcases and then bags arrive!

I only use these bags for pars - everything else has flightcases or Adda style cases and all of my lighting is in pristine condition.

Reminisce disco
29-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I keep my impossibled's and Kam starcluster 3D in Arriba bags, great value for money and they do keep them looking good. Ultimately I would prefer flightcases , however, until budget allows, these are doing the job just fine.

MFEntertainment
29-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Padded bag it is - LOL!

I must admit, cases for me are almost as important as the gear, the venue I was in at weekend had another DJ working in a different room, he claimed to be the resident there, although I've never come across him there before and I've been at that venue a great deal recently. Anyway, all in all he seemed like a nice guy, gear was very basic but he had a few guests up dancing, when I saw him loading up at the end of the night everything and I mean everything was in the original boxes, when I suggested how much more professional and sensible it was to case things, the line waste of money was given to me! Ah well, at least my lights with mirrors are intact and scratch free, unlike his!

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Padded bag it is - LOL!

I must admit, cases for me are almost as important as the gear, the venue I was in at weekend had another DJ working in a different room, he claimed to be the resident there, although I've never come across him there before and I've been at that venue a great deal recently. Anyway, all in all he seemed like a nice guy, gear was very basic but he had a few guests up dancing, when I saw him loading up at the end of the night everything and I mean everything was in the original boxes, when I suggested how much more professional and sensible it was to case things, the line waste of money was given to me! Ah well, at least my lights with mirrors are intact and scratch free, unlike his!

I agree with your sentiment, but then wouldn't it be more prudent to get proper cases instead of bags? There again, I suppose padded bags are OK for light things like pars.

MFEntertainment
30-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah, full flight cases all the way, I totlly agree, even the Protex range are pretty good for the money.