PDA

View Full Version : wanted

markdj60
30-09-2009, 04:25 PM
hi folks does anyone now where i can get some kam z1504 from? have looked around but had no joy.

Excalibur
30-09-2009, 07:43 PM
hi folks does anyone now where i can get some kam z1504 from? have looked around but had no joy.

Haven't they had a name change? ;)

discomobiledj
30-09-2009, 07:55 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=kam+z1504&scoring=p

That took long!

NKR
30-09-2009, 07:59 PM
£73.40 for a full range cabinet? OMG!

markdj60
30-09-2009, 08:07 PM
they've updated the product to zp15s but they are crap compared to the z1504s

NKR
30-09-2009, 08:10 PM
I will take your word for it, but at £73.40 I think that was going to be the case.

Have you tried ebay?

Vectis
30-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure I have a pair of these in my lockup. Used to be my backups prior to buying Mackies but now my Peavey Pro15s are backup. Probably only ever been used a handful of times.

Trouble is that pesky strip of water. Otherwise we could have come to some arrangement. Sadly I'm not heading to the north island in the near future.

markdj60
30-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure I have a pair of these in my lockup. Used to be my backups prior to buying Mackies but now my Peavey Pro15s are backup. Probably only ever been used a handful of times.

Trouble is that pesky strip of water. Otherwise we could have come to some arrangement. Sadly I'm not heading to the north island in the near future.

hopefully you have them :D

Vectis
30-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I'll have a look in the daylight tomorrow

markdj60
30-09-2009, 08:42 PM

wicked thanks mate.

A1DL
30-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Mark, is there any reason why you want these particular speakers?

Why not pick up a secondhand bargain on ebay and spend similar money on a pair of half decent branded speakers?

Having googled these z1504 boxes, I note the specs conveniently omit to state both their efficiency and how loud they will play :confused:

This, coupled with them being a wooden cabinet, suggests to an old cynic like myself that they would probably be perfect for those Guy Fawkes parties in a few weeks time....

... ideally on top of the bonfire :cool:

Penfold42
30-09-2009, 09:11 PM
LMAO....Guy Fawkes getting down wiv it!

markdj60
30-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Mark, is there any reason why you want these particular speakers?

Why not pick up a secondhand bargain on ebay and spend similar money on a pair of half decent branded speakers?

Having googled these z1504 boxes, I note the specs conveniently omit to state both their efficiency and how loud they will play :confused:

This, coupled with them being a wooden cabinet, suggests to an old cynic like myself that they would probably be perfect for those Guy Fawkes parties in a few weeks time....

... ideally on top of the bonfire :cool:

like i said my mate has a pair and they sound really good,i would rather get a half decent pair but not sure how they will sound. im only going on what i have heard.

A1DL
30-09-2009, 09:35 PM
like i said my mate has a pair and they sound really good,i would rather get a half decent pair but not sure how they will sound. im only going on what i have heard.

Sound is a very personal thing, like food, women & fast cars. The only potential pitfall I can foresee, if your "really good" is the lowest common denominator, others (clients, guests, etc) may be of different opinion.

I can honestly say I have never heard an entry level speaker that I would decribe as sounding "really good".... and I've heard a lot of different boxes over the years.

I have heard budget boxes that have sounded better than I expected, but there's a huge distance between there and "really good".

If you spend a few hundred pounds on a pair of branded boxes in good condition, they'll sound reasonable and provided you keep them tidy and don't rag them, you'll probably pass them on for similar to what you paid for them in 1-2 years time.

However if you spend that same couple of hundred pounds on a new pair of Kams or PoorSounds from Craplins, after a few gigs you'll either have blown them or realise how bad they sound, and will get next to nothing for them secondhand, towards an upgrade.

Excalibur
30-09-2009, 10:24 PM

Even up here in the wilds of rural East Yorkshire, we've got electric light. :p :D :D

Vectis
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Yep. I have a pair of the MKII's in really good condition. As previously said, only ever used as backup so probably been out a handful of times.

Ignore the naysayers - these speakers DO sound really good for what they are, and they're really robust.

I'll take £75 for the pair but you'll have to collect them.