PDA

View Full Version : Spectra Bank 4

ppentertainments
04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Anyone any experience of the above light ??

Link : http://www.djhypermarket.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=LEDJ60&sid=dn98jw0b20b32ja95u688y72dnuug20k&portrelay=1

I am looking for one to use on a ultimax micromax stand as it will fill the centre of the stand nicely if mounted on the top of the bar.

Questions are, is it any good (vague I know :p ), what controllers can be used with it or is it simple enough to simply use the dip switches ??

Cheers

DJ Jules
04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I dunno about this fixture, but my recent experience of the new prolight/LEDJ range hasn't been good. A friend of mine bought a pair of ACME Quadzilla's (which are similar to the Spectra bank, but longer and the LED's in each bank are controlled in horizontal/vertical lines) and the LED PCB's weren't actually clipped into the chassis properly. So my mate takes them back to the shop and between him and the shop owner they open up all of the boxes of Quadzilla's (about 20 in total) and discover that they only have two working fixtures out of 20!!

I've also recently bought unbranded cheapy LED washes (branded "Purelight", and while they've been working fine they feel a little flimsy. I'd always thought "I could have bought the genuine article and they'd have been better", but recently came across a pair of LEDJ fixtures being used by a colleague and found them to be absolutely identical - both made in the same factory in china somewhere by the looks! The only difference seems to be that the LEDJ unit is branded and they've correctly translated "DMX in" and "DMX out" (whereas mine are labelled "MAX in" and "MAX out" :D ) Otherwise the units are the same, right down to the DIP switch settings (and they're also both running at about 50hz, so when you dim them down there is noticeable flicker).

Julian