PDA

View Full Version : Website Opinion? Total Cost: £2.99 Per Year

Goodfellows Discos
07-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you could be a great help and give some feedback to my website. Hosting is free, the template is free, I just pay for the .co.uk domain name working out at around £5 per two years. I'm still in the process of fixing some of the under construction pages, but they should be up and sorted soon!

www.goodfellows-discos.co.uk

Cheers!
Alex

discomobiledj
07-10-2009, 11:16 AM
The site's ok, not sure on your definition of the South East!

The one major thing.....do I not like orange!

Chris1984
07-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Now i like orange but i think yo may have gone a little over the top with it!
Maybe add some other colours into it

rob1963
07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you could be a great help and give some feedback to my website. Hosting is free, the template is free, I just pay for the .co.uk domain name working out at around £5 per two years. I'm still in the process of fixing some of the under construction pages, but they should be up and sorted soon!

www.goodfellows-discos.co.uk

Cheers!
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your comments on my own site, so I feel obliged to return the favour!

Firstly a technical problem I noticed. For some reason you can't go back to the home page from the contact us page. If you click on the home page, nothing happens, so you can only go back to it via one of the other pages.

I can't decide whether I like the orange or not.

Is your gear PAT tested? If so, I'd add that to the list of benefits on your home page.

I'd lose the equipment page. Customers aren't interested in what make your CD mixer or turntables are. In fact, the only people likely to be interested in your kit are other DJs.

On the contact us page, I'd add an email link & phone number/numbers (ideally a landline and mobile). I'd also add a preferred contact method field with a drop down menu box giving the options of phone email & no preference (like I have).

Is the sitemap page necessary?

On the links page, I think "DJ advise" should say "DJ advice"

Finally, I think I'd add a couple of photos to the home page.

Hope this helps.

:)

Larry B Entertainment
07-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I'd lose the equipment page. Customers aren't interested in what make your CD mixer or turntables are. In fact, the only people likely to be interested in your kit are other DJs.

:) I look for those pages just to see what other DJs are using but no, I dont think the public are too interested in what make the mixer is. Youre not likely to be booked on the basis that you use a numark mixer.

discomobiledj
07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
who is your host?

rob1963
07-10-2009, 12:49 PM
who is your host?

Resellermatrix?

Goodfellows Discos
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Cheers for your words!

I chose an orange theme because it is the main colour in the logo - I can see now how it may look a bit OTT!

I agree about the equipment page, sitemap, and have jotted down your suggestions Rob, they won't go unnoticed!

With regards to the host, I use HostHelpers (based on the FreeCP servers). As tech spec goes, they are with the industry standard paid hosts. They can be pretty unreliable at points, with downtime occurring out of the blue, but Jason is always on the case and it is normally fixed within a day.

Alex

discomobiledj
07-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Resellermatrix?

That's not it...can't find anyone that offers the free hosting. Even looking at the who.is on his website.

Jiggles
07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Hmm want me to install it for you? I keep getting the Durpal installer screen.