PDA

View Full Version : Whisch license???

ANDYSQUIZ
10-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello, i am a little bit confused as to which license our new club requires and was just wondering if anybody could help me out.

Are business has just opened a private bar (members only) we have a disco setup for kids and this include a karaoke machines. We have four seperate DJ's all of which bring there own laptops and hook them up to the sound system.
I am not sure what type of licesnse we require (if any)? we do have a small collection of CD's (all originals) but most of us use our own MP3's. I would hate to see the bar get shut down so please could somebody offer some plain and simple guidance, there seems to be an awful lot of different types of licenses.

Thank you very much.

DJWilson
10-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Prs.

DeckstarDeluxe
10-10-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Has all the answers...

Prs.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Has all the answers...

Its more than Just PRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANDYSQUIZ
10-10-2009, 05:11 PM
WOW thanks for the quick responses. looks like i am going to need a good sit down and thorough read to decide which licence we need

Vectis
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I'd also be checking that your laptop DJs have legitimate source material and ProDubs (or at least comply with the ProDub rules) otherwise this could jeopardise your own PRS.

More about ProDub: www.produb.co.uk

spin mobile disco
11-10-2009, 11:32 PM
PPL PRS and the DJ's would require produb if working from mp3 based sound control.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
DJ's would require produb if working from mp3 based sound control.

Not necessarily.

DazzyD
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I think it's really quite strange that you'd open your new bar without looking in to the licensing situation first.

Visit the PRS and PPL websites and you'll get some idea of exactly what is needed. Also, speak to your local council's licensing department as they're the guys who will tell you exactly what you'll need to comply with both statute and local laws.

And, like others have said, you should look in to Produb before buying it as you may not need it.