PDA

View Full Version : Smoke & Haze make up?

Ricesnaps
21-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I have a wedding in a couple of weeks. The couple have chosen not to have a smoke machine. Only now I have a hazer, not a smoke.

Having been to the venue on Saturday, I think I understand what is bothering them. They are very very big environmentalist - have asked the venue to confirm there re-cycling policy, sustainable development of the land and gardens and so on. I think they are concerned about the environmental impact of the smoke I use!

So what is the impact - I always thought it was fairly harmless....

dj_ags
21-05-2006, 07:30 PM
I can understand people's concerns on the environment....but this is a little extreme don't you think?

Ricesnaps
21-05-2006, 07:43 PM
I can understand people's concerns on the environment....but this is a little extreme don't you think?
Absolutely - but what is the concern as it it justified.

If a client was to say "does your smoke machine polute the environment", would we all say yes? And if we did, what would you say when the client asked "prove it"?

dj_ags
21-05-2006, 07:49 PM
If a client was to say "does your smoke machine polute the environment", would we all say yes? And if we did, what would you say when the client asked "prove it"?

If im wrong, but i very much doubt if a smoke machine polutes the environment, as in effecting the O-Zone layer and causing global warming, ect. It is a dry ice formula if im mistaken, which disappears in a matter of minutes anyway. However, if this was the case, and smoke machines were found to polute the environment, i think "Stars In Their Eyes" would get inundated with furious envronmentalists regarding their low lying fog machines!

In regards to proving it, errm......good question! I don't think there is a way of proving it.

Stormin' Si
21-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide that is dropped into hot water. The net gain of carbon dioxide when using a dry ice machine is zero, since you are not creating more carbon dioxide, just freezing some and melting the same lot.

Smoke machine fluid is a mixture of water and glycol or glycerine - which are not harmful to the atmosphere.

Have a disco
21-05-2006, 08:24 PM
are these guys having confetti or ricey on here smoke is not dangerous to the atmosphere and haze even less so

Struth they'll want him to bang tunes out on bongos next

dum dum dum doof dum dum doof doof just wont make there night LOL

Corabar Steve
21-05-2006, 08:41 PM
are these guys having confetti or ricey on here As long as it's not the foil type of confetti, both are bio-degradeable so it wouldn't matter.

Wolfie
21-05-2006, 09:21 PM
ask these people how they get to their function... if they say car, they are hypocrites.

it's what i love about these environmental activists & green protesters.. all stand there telling us to use less energy & protect the planet by not burning stuff or poluting the atmosphere & then they jump into a Land Rover that guzzles fuel by the bucketfull & coughs out very thick black smoke.

Corabar Steve
21-05-2006, 09:23 PM
ask these people how they get to their function... if they say car, they are hypocrites.
Bio-diesel??

Have a disco
21-05-2006, 09:31 PM
happy to use electric nuclear power from sizewell just up the road as well I presume for the disco very environmental

Wolfie
21-05-2006, 09:57 PM
happy to use electric nuclear power from sizewell just up the road as well I presume for the disco very environmental

"excellent"
http://www.graz0815.com/graz0815/graz0815/jpegs/MrBurns2.gif

Just don't eat the fish!

http://www.canddvisionaryinc.com/images/limage/prod56/msim0002r.jpg

Ricesnaps
22-05-2006, 06:37 PM
So it's not harmful to the atmosphere then?

Have a disco
22-05-2006, 07:53 PM
refer to chernobyl re not harmful to the atmosphere hmmm

coolants drawn from sea, then relased back into it fish mutation levels go up birds and humans eat fish, one wrong button pressed oops chernobyl all over again

not harmful to the atmosphere hmmm

Corabar Steve
22-05-2006, 09:41 PM
refer to chernobyl re not harmful to the atmosphere hmmm

coolants drawn from sea, then relased back into it fish mutation levels go up birds and humans eat fish, one wrong button pressed oops chernobyl all over again

not harmful to the atmosphere hmmm
What? All from haze fluid????

Ricesnaps
23-05-2006, 06:47 AM
How confusing, all for a little old haze machine - so it's as harmful as Chernobyl now is it?

I only asked a simple question....

...and only wanted a simple answer!

Corabar Steve
23-05-2006, 07:00 AM
...and only wanted a simple answer!
No, not harmful.

soundtracker
23-05-2006, 07:37 AM
I didn't realise that the Chernobyl disaster was caused by a haze machine!!! OMG!!!!

Corabar Steve
23-05-2006, 12:41 PM
I didn't realise that the Chernobyl disaster was caused by a haze machine!!! OMG!!!!
Yep, they were all lost in the fog when they should have been watching the reactor.