PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Effects processor

djderek1971
19-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Folks

I am looking for an effects processor for using with karaoke. I currently have things going through a Mackie DFX12 desk but the vocal effects are not up to much. I am looking at a Behringer Virtual Pro DSP2024P but as it is not that pricey I wondered if anyone can advise on how good the vocal effects are compared to my current desk. Im not needing studio quality or anything but just a decent reverb etc. The kind of effects you hear on the vocals of George Michaels Cowboys and Angels is an example of the kind of sound I want although I dont expect this unit to provide quite as good as what George used obviously.

Price range is budget so any other suggestions are welcome.

A1DL
19-10-2009, 08:41 AM
TC Electronic M350 - just under £200 new, or you may find one secondhand on ebay (they do come up)

Jonny Boy
19-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Hmmmm - i use the Mackie DFX6 and find the Vocal FX just fine...

even so, further to....

TC Electronic M350 - just under £200 new, or you may find one secondhand on ebay (they do come up)

... Also from TC - Helicon Tone Create: http://www.tc-helicon.com/voicetonecreate.asp whcih I have heard great things about from other another singer

I use the Tone Correct for live work now, good value for money, easy to use etc - i imagine the create is also user friendly, and seems to be fairly pwoerful with what effetcs it can offer, including megaphone/old telephone effects etc.

Or you could always just plump for a zoom rfx unit.