PDA

View Full Version : Cortex HDC 3000 menu problems

belgieboy
20-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi Guys
Got a Cortex HDC 3000 when loading the hard drive the screen/side that selects it first gives all the search facilities, song, artist, album, string etc but the other screen/side only gives me file browser and playlist, can't see anything in the instructions to make changes, anyone offer some advice, seems Cortex don't answer tech problems :-(

Thanks

Penfold42
20-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Hello belgieboy

Please take a few moment to read this -
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Thank you. :)

DJ Jules
20-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Guys
Got a Cortex HDC 3000 when loading the hard drive the screen/side that selects it first gives all the search facilities, song, artist, album, string etc but the other screen/side only gives me file browser and playlist, can't see anything in the instructions to make changes, anyone offer some advice, seems Cortex don't answer tech problems :-(

Thanks

First off, is this a new problem (i.e. is this the first time you've attached this HDD to a Cortex?) or something which has just happened (i.e. drive was working fine yesterday, but it's stuffed today?)

If this is the first time you're using this HDD, check that it's formatted in FAT32, not NTFS and that it's not become write protected (somehow).

Try attaching the HDD to a PC and delete the .db directory. Then open the Cortex manager software and re-create the database and then try again? The DB's seem to get corrupted fairly quickly so it's probably worth doing this intermittently anyway?

Let us know how you get on?

Julian

theviper
03-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks

I am having this problem also.
Have just updated the firmware on the cortex, and found only one side can access device using search at a time. :mad:
The other only offers file browser.
Are there any other possible causes for this problem?
Thanks, any more info required please let me know! :)

CRAZY K
04-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks

OOOOPs I thought Boogie Boy was back:eek:

For those interested, Peter take note, as promised the Cortex Help number
087 087 00880

See how its cunningly shown to hide the 0870 ;)

Try that or maybe you have:confused:

DJ Jules
04-05-2010, 12:44 PM
OOOOPs I thought Boogie Boy was back:eek:

For those interested, Peter take note, as promised the Cortex Help number
087 087 00880

See how its cunningly shown to hide the 0870 ;)

Try that or maybe you have:confused:

For anyone who's a bit techy out there - note that Cortex have very quietly released the source code for the HDC series (HDC1000, HDC3000, etc) and HDTT players. In short, if anyone tech literate wanted to have a stab at re-writing the firmware for their Cortex to add/fix features, they now can!

Julian

theviper
05-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Absolute magic!
Thanks for the UK helpline tel, will give them a whirl today!

CRAZY K
05-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Absolute magic!
Thanks for the UK helpline tel, will give them a whirl today!

Dont forget its 0870:(

Might be worth checking---say no to 0870 site.