PDA

View Full Version : Ground Loop Isolator

2Groove
24-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Can anyone help!? I've recently changed my amp to a QSC GX5, and now my laptop running PCDJ via a Gigaport external card gives an awful buzzing noise. I remove the mains supply from the laptop and the noise goes away, so i purchased 2 Ground Loop Isolators, but they made no differece.
Can anyone lend me some advise as to what to try next?

discomobiledj
24-10-2009, 11:41 PM
That should do it, connected from the mixer to the lead to your laptop soundcard. Got mine from maplin. Never had a problem since.

rossken
25-10-2009, 07:49 AM
I had exactly the same problem with my laptop. I had two outputs from the laptop with two ground loop isolators and it was all wired up correctly between the laptop soundcard and mixer yet I still had a buzz. One day for some reason I changed the mixers power lead and that did the tick. Don't understand it because it's the laptop with the grounding problem not the mixer. But it worked!
You could also try a different power lead for your laptop. I've heard that can work too.

2Groove
26-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks for your replies - i'll start checking out the power cables! This issue has got the suppliers confused too as the Ground Loop Isolators definatly 'should' sort out this problem.