PDA

View Full Version : What you wear ?

Booche
24-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Now i know this sounds weird but when i do any gig i always have custom shirts,t-shirts etc
ie: smart gig - black shirt full sleeves with my logo embroided onto the left hand side and company name and website on the back,
Casual gigs same as my shirts but a black school type t.shirt again with logo on the left and company name and web addy on the back, also got a fleece with the same :)

Will add pics tommorow of the fleece and t.shirts as the misses has just ruined my 2 shirts :( so ned to get them redone

Cheers Dave :)

DeckstarDeluxe
25-10-2009, 12:10 AM
weddings black tie
over events black company polo shirt

Booche
25-10-2009, 12:14 AM
weddings black tie
over events black company polo shirt

lol was thinking more of what you wear not just a tie lol as ive seen some peeps wear say a nice blu shirt etc but i always some type of company clothing that wy if people see you they dont just think your some random person dressed smart lol

DJMaxG
25-10-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't currently operate, but I would probably wear

- Shirt and Trousers
- Shirt, Tie and Trousers
- Shirt, Tie, Trousers and Suit

Maybe, a T Shirt at a push, but Never Polo Shirts, Rugby Shirts, Jeans or any form of hat.

rob1963
25-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Weddings - Shirt, tie & trousers.

Most other events - Polo top & trousers.

Pub gigs - T shirt & jeans.

Booche
25-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Just to justify my post i was on about like do you wear normal shirts/t.shirts etc or ones with your company logo etc on sorry if it across wrong i was in the meaning of more you are the dj clothing not just smartly dressed/casual clothing

Basically do you wear shirts/t.shirts etc with company logos etc on ?

DeckstarDeluxe
25-10-2009, 12:25 AM
might want to make that clear in your OP as its kidda confusing what your actually asking.

I do have company polo shirts.

rob1963
25-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I wear plain t shirts & plain polo shirts.

I'm not into ones with my business name on, just like I'm not into into signs or banners.

DJMaxG
25-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Signs and Banners can be considered 'Tacky', especially at Weddings.

It gives the impression that you're trying to sell yourself, rather than entertain the crowd that you are there for.

Leicester Ben
25-10-2009, 06:37 AM
Weddings = suit (no tie)
18ths and 21sts etc = shirt, jeans and shoes
Kids Parties = branded polo shirt, jeans and trainers

Vectis
25-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Weddings=whatever the B&G want me to wear. If no preference, suit & tie. Tie to match colour scheme or theme.
Corporate=black tie unless specified otherwise
Other parties inc. kids=black polo, black kecks, black shoes

Fancy dress optional :o

CRAZY K
25-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Now i know this sounds weird but when i do any gig i always have custom shirts,t-shirts etc
ie: smart gig - black shirt full sleeves with my logo embroided onto the left hand side and company name and website on the back,
Casual gigs same as my shirts but a black school type t.shirt again with logo on the left and company name and web addy on the back, also got a fleece with the same :)

Will add pics tommorow of the fleece and t.shirts as the misses has just ruined my 2 shirts :( so ned to get them redone

Cheers Dave :)

I assume you have posted this for advice from the forum members.

For all events I wear Western gear and a Cowboy Hat ( thats my job ) :D

On a serious note for rough old Pub or Rugby/ Football Clubs (should you cover those events and yes I did one last night) I would suggest smart casual (no jeans )

Weddings, Corporate and special Birthdays I would expect a smarter approach, you may well need to use Evening Dress for those events at Hotels and upmarket venues.

If the Wedding is in the local WMC then dress down appropriately (yes I do those)

I think logo type shirts are only ok whilst you are loading /setting up unless you are working at a rough venue.

Just my personal view.

CRAZY K

rob1963
25-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I think logo type shirts are only ok whilst you are loading/setting up

Just my personal view.

CRAZY K

Mine too!

:D

spin mobile disco
25-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Wedding usually dinner suit with black tie. Other gigs normally a plain black or purple shirt tie occasionally with black trousers and shoes. As I do a lot of corporate work for agencies and other dj's I do not wear any logo or advertising either on myself , rig or vehicly.
Makes it easier for others to hire me as they know I do not promote myself at gigs.

Silver
25-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Weddings - Tux
ALL other gigs smart shirt

Never EVER a t shirt, I wouldn't even set up in one, I think they are tacky and give the appearance of an unprofessional approach.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Polo to set up in and then dinner suit, suit and tie or trousers and shirt depending on clients wishes.

Ryu
25-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Informal - Suit no Tie
Formal - Suit Tie
Very Formal - Black Tie

Penfold42
31-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Most of my gigs 99% of the time - Tux....the other times - Shirt tie and Trousers.

1st impressions count. :)

NKR
31-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Vocal work generally has swing involved so black tie for Kev and me or I sometimes wear white shirt, back trousers and skinny black tie with trilby and spats (still fits that era and thats my usual attire for normal singing gigs). None swing singing jobs are Kev in suit and tie.

Anything else is black trousers, shoes and shirt. Shirts carry Neil & Kev Roadshow embroidery on breast pocket (looks smart - no numbers web addresses etc). Helps people identify you when wondering about and gives them chance to ask for a request etc informally.

Shift gear in branded t-shirts, polos, fleeces etc.

DeckstarDeluxe
31-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Most of my gigs 99% of the time - Tux....the other times - Shirt tie and Trousers.

1st impressions count. :)

so you wear a mask too? ;)

Jiggles
31-10-2009, 09:37 PM
branded polo and some smart trousers for the normal gig. Other wise a formal out fit.

Penfold42
01-11-2009, 07:57 PM
so you wear a mask too? ;)

Your soooooooooo funny.....you really crack me up! :D
Spice boy!

Daryll
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Black shoes , black trousers , either a black or white shirt with a cream tie.
And that`s for any gig except a themed night.

Daryll

Charlie Brown
01-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Always worn a suit, whatever the occasion.

I have two too choice from and one is purposely more causal/trendy than the other.

JDB Entertainment
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Always worn a suit, whatever the occasion.

I have two too choice from and one is purposely more causal/trendy than the other.

You only own 2 Shirts Charlie?!

Get to Asda, won't cost you much!

Penfold42
01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah but you should see the price for his fake tan lotion....:p :D

DJWilson
01-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Black shoes , black trousers and a white shirt.

^^

Mark Wild
01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Parties - Dappa shirt, jeans and shoes

Weddings - The old Teddy Baker 3 piece

Doesn't really matter what you wear when you're as handsome as me :D

BTW anyone know of a decent company that will do logo embroidery and a decent clothed shirt?

simonp
01-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Doesn't really matter what you wear when you're as handsome as me :D

:lol: :bowdown:

Mark Wild
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
:lol: :bowdown:

Yeah you were probably almost as handsome when you were my age Pridders. :D :beer1:

JDB Entertainment
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah but you should see the price for his fake tan lotion....:p :D

:D

Charlie, you need to sort your priorities!!!

Clothes
Hair

then

Fake Tan!

Charlie Brown
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM

2 SUITS ;)

Spirits High
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
While setting up it's a black polo with company logo

For weddings my dress state is always discussed with the B&G at the pre event meeting and they have so far all been happy with black shirt, dark trousers and shoes.

I've only once gigged in Tux and that was for NYE07 for a Oscars theme night.

Mark Wild
02-11-2009, 04:03 AM

Private plates and you buy suits from ASDA son? LOL