PDA

View Full Version : Website Redesign - Take 2

Goodfellows Discos
27-10-2009, 11:44 AM
So, website got hacked a few weeks ago, just came online again in the past day or so. I've been working on a new design, incorporating all of the comments that you guys gave me, THANK YOU!!!

So there are around 3-4 pages up at the moment, I was just wondering on what people's first thoughts are, and whether they think it will be good to go ahead or are there any major changes that I need to fix up on.

Temporary Login to Client Area:
User: mdd
Password: forums

Cheers yet again guys!

Alex

http://www.goodfellows-discos.co.uk/

Booche
27-10-2009, 12:09 PM
looking good mate only thing i can see is the phone number is on 2 lines maybe try and get it all on one also why not make a seprate page for the "Thankyou's", just an idea ;)

P.s.how you finding website5evo ?

Cheers Dave :)

soundtracker
27-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Lay-out seems nice and clean, does the job well, I assume you have more content to add at some point.
Few things I immediately picked up on, firstly congratulations on becoming "Hertfordshire's Number One Mobile Disco Service" just wondering who bestowed this honour upon you? Secondly, I would expect Hertfordshire's Number 1 to have a land-line! Mobile only, says to me, avoid like plague.
The third paragraph of your opening page needs some work from a grammatical point of view, it doesn't read well at all.

Goodfellows Discos
27-10-2009, 12:24 PM
looking good mate only thing i can see is the phone number is on 2 lines maybe try and get it all on one also why not make a seprate page for the "Thankyou's", just an idea ;)

P.s.how you finding website5evo ?

Cheers Dave :)

Not bad at all, moved along from the days of 'pain-in-the-bum' Dreamweaver. Yeah the idea was to have a few testi's at the bottom of the homepage, and then a dozen or so on a separate page.

@Soundtracker

Cheers for your suggestions - i'll definitely look into them. About the congratulations, it's an opinion only. We are the longest going Mobile Disco in Stevenage as far as I can tell, so perhaps that would be a more ideal statement?

Alex

soundtracker
27-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Not bad at all, moved along from the days of 'pain-in-the-bum' Dreamweaver. Yeah the idea was to have a few testi's at the bottom of the homepage, and then a dozen or so on a separate page.

@Soundtracker

Cheers for your suggestions - i'll definitely look into them. About the congratulations, it's an opinion only. We are the longest going Mobile Disco in Stevenage as far as I can tell, so perhaps that would be a more ideal statement?

Alex

Always best to avoid making statements of this nature imho:)

Goodfellows Discos
27-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Always best to avoid making statements of this nature imho:)

I see what you mean... Removed it anyway - don't want to start trouble with any other business.

Thanks.

yourdj
27-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice looking site. love the logo font.

I would add some pics of you and you djing and i assume your adding a gallery section at some point?

Videos would be better.

Goodfellows Discos
27-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Nice looking site. love the logo font.

I would add some pics of you and you djing and i assume your adding a gallery section at some point?

Videos would be better.

Font is entitled 'Satisfaction' - Cost me about £5 from here (http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/ephemera/satisfaction/).

Yeah a gallery will go up at some point, need to sort out the pictures first, watermarking and all that. Videos would be cool indeed, I can imagine one being a speeded up version of us setting up so you can see how it all comes together.

Cheers for your kind words.

Alex

yourdj
27-10-2009, 01:02 PM
a speeded up version of us setting up so you can see how it all comes together.

Alex

im planning on doing one of them at some point. shows how much time goes in to other parts and makes some clients realize where their money is going.

rob1963
27-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Lay-out seems nice and clean, does the job well, I assume you have more content to add at some point.
Few things I immediately picked up on, firstly congratulations on becoming "Hertfordshire's Number One Mobile Disco Service" just wondering who bestowed this honour upon you? Secondly, I would expect Hertfordshire's Number 1 to have a land-line! Mobile only, says to me, avoid like plague.
The third paragraph of your opening page needs some work from a grammatical point of view, it doesn't read well at all.

:agree:

Marc J
27-10-2009, 03:35 PM
There's no way to log out of the client area, and the login seems to be cookied. Not a good idea.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake - must have used the same browser session!

DJWilson
27-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Font is entitled 'Satisfaction' - Cost me about £5 from here (http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/ephemera/satisfaction/).

Yeah a gallery will go up at some point, need to sort out the pictures first, watermarking and all that. Videos would be cool indeed, I can imagine one being a speeded up version of us setting up so you can see how it all comes together.

Cheers for your kind words.

Alex

This is what I use for my gallery, http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox/index.htm

Seperate images, so large can be watermarked etc :)

Goodfellows Discos
27-10-2009, 03:45 PM
This is what I use for my gallery, http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox/index.htm

Seperate images, so large can be watermarked etc :)

Looks great! Do the images have to be set sizes or does the window fit to the image whatever the size? It doesn't seem to say on the site. Cheers for the link.

DJWilson
27-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Looks great! Do the images have to be set sizes or does the window fit to the image whatever the size? It doesn't seem to say on the site. Cheers for the link.

I left it to default but im sure you can custom the sizes, for the small images i set the sizes but the big ones i left but can change i think.

Goodfellows Discos
27-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I left it to default but im sure you can custom the sizes, for the small images i set the sizes but the big ones i left but can change i think.

Thats wicked! As long as the big ones look good I don't really mind.

Added the "facts" page now. :D

DJWilson
27-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Thats wicked! As long as the big ones look good I don't really mind.

Added the "facts" page now. :D

Take a look at my gallery for an example :) Link in sign.

Goodfellows Discos
27-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Take a look at my gallery for an example :) Link in sign.

Looks nice - video gallery is a nice feature.

DJWilson
27-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Looks nice - video gallery is a nice feature.

Thanks, www.bitsontherun.com (http://www.bitsontherun.com) ;)