PDA

View Full Version : Away to Millwall

Spirits High
27-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Some of you may have seen the FA Cup replay scores tonight but if you haven't my team AFC Wimbledon beat Crawley 3-1 and are now due to play Millwall away on Monday 9th November :eek:

I'm taking it as it's a Monday it'll be on Sky / ESPN although some how I think I'll be at this one.

Not on the TV, just got this off the Millwall site:

"The fixture has been moved to the Monday night due to pressure on the Metropolitan Police with a number of events scheduled for that weekend including firework displays and Remembrance Sunday in addition to sports fixtures."

Not bad for a team that's only been going 7 years ;)

CRAZY K
28-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Some of you may have seen the FA Cup replay scores tonight but if you haven't my team AFC Wimbledon beat Crawley 3-1 and are now due to play Millwall away on Monday 9th November :eek:

I'm taking it as it's a Monday it'll be on Sky / ESPN although some how I think I'll be at this one.

Not on the TV, just got this off the Millwall site:

"The fixture has been moved to the Monday night due to pressure on the Metropolitan Police with a number of events scheduled for that weekend including firework displays and Remembrance Sunday in addition to sports fixtures."

Not bad for a team that's only been going 7 years ;)

And a large number of old Wimbledon supporters!!!!

Its like Aldershot and Yeovil who my son played against when he was at Aylesbury United.

Huge support which enables financing of better higher paid players and consequently a rise through the leagues.

How long before AFC hit the pro league?;)

Are you coming to the Kettering or Rushden games--:D :D :D

Alan
CRAZY K

Spirits High
28-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Are you coming to the Kettering or Rushden games--:D :D :D

Alan
CRAZY K

They've been and gone , unfortunately due to gigs I couldn't make it. Only managed the first game of the season against Luton so far :(

Spirits High
29-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Well I'm happy, got my 2 tickets for the game just the logistics side of things getting down and back from Chesterfield in a day.

Train down is easy enough and only £14 single :D last train back is 2225 which may be a bit tight!

Kernow
29-10-2009, 06:44 PM
They've been and gone , unfortunately due to gigs I couldn't make it. Only managed the first game of the season against Luton so far :(

See you at ours 28th November Paul ?? ;) :)

We put paid to Grays Athletic 3-0 and now face Rochdale in the First Round. :eek:

ps can you remind Millwall they still owe us for stadium repairs !! :D

DJTekno
30-10-2009, 06:50 AM
See you at ours 28th November Paul ?? ;) :)

We put paid to Grays Athletic 3-0 and now face Rochdale in the First Round. :eek:

ps can you remind Millwall they still owe us for stadium repairs !! :D

YAY!
Another Rip-roaring mighty hatter on the board! Do ya get to any games Kernow? As an aside, heard a rumour that Richard Money is due to be announced as LTFC manager today (Neilson & Watson staying on as assistants)

As another aside, looks like we've got a fair few conference fans on here. Proper footie!:D

Kernow
30-10-2009, 03:49 PM
YAY!
Another Rip-roaring mighty hatter on the board! Do ya get to any games Kernow? As an aside, heard a rumour that Richard Money is due to be announced as LTFC manager today (Neilson & Watson staying on as assistants)

As another aside, looks like we've got a fair few conference fans on here. Proper footie!:D

Hiya Tekno.

I do manage to catch the occasional Hatters game, ashamed to say that the last was as one of the 40,000 at Wembley :o
My brother is a season ticket holder, as was my dad until his death last September. :), and I used to play cricket for Markyate ;)
However as a 5th generation dyed in the wool 'Bobber',I follow every one on the Herts/Beds/Bucks webcasts.
As well as myself, down here in the Duchy, we have David White of BBC Radio Cornwall who shares the belief with a vengance. He even proposed to his now wife on the pitch at the Kenny at half time, and the scoreboard went berserk when she said 'Yes !!';)

DeckstarDeluxe
10-11-2009, 02:16 AM
so paul............how did you get on :D

Spirits High
10-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Well , judging by the smiley you've seen the score :p :D

However the scoreline of 4-1 is a bit flattering to Millwall.

Here's a mini match report for you all

In front of a fantastic travelling support of over 3,300 fans, the Dons’ dream of a giant-killing act against Millwall was denied despite a brave performance at the New Den.

In a first half in which there was nothing between the two teams, Danny Kedwell came closest for the visitors when his effort just trickled past the far post, while Neil Harris and Steve Morison had chances for the home team.

Just four minutes into the second half Harris took advantage of a slip in the Wimbledon defence and volleyed home from close range. Jon Main came close to equalising shortly after, but having wriggled through the Millwall back line he saw his toe poke go agonisingly wide. James Pullen was called upon to make excellent saves from Jimmy Abdou and Tony Craig before substitute Jason Price added a second after 72 minutes.

The Dons were never going to go down without a fight, and Lewis Taylor reduced the arrears after 81 minutes with a great run and finish. As the Dons sought the equaliser, gaps began to appear at the back, and goals from Danny Schofield and another from Price after 86 and 89 minutes respectively resulted in a scoreline that the Dons did not deserve.

To travel down from Chesterfield for the game was nearly a logistic nightmare. Got down there ok but coming back the last train to Chesterfield was 2225hrs with the game not finishing until 2140 to say it was a close call getting from the ground to St Pancras is an under statement :eek:

As we left the ground we walked towards the A2 "Old Kent road" the plan was to grab a cab and job done. It must have been the only night when there was a distinct lack of Taxis. Got one eventuyally who then decided upon themselves to do thier impression of "Driving Miss Daisy" . Got on the train with about 3 mins to spare ;) Stepped into the house at 0150 this morning :D

Kernow
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Four lucky goals against the run of play mate ;)
We allowed Rochdale to poach two in the last five minutes so it's up for the replay :D

Spirits High
10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
We allowed Rochdale to poach two in the last five minutes so it's up for the replay :D

Only the last 2

Just overstretched looking for that replay goal ;)

DJTekno
11-11-2009, 07:45 AM

Tonight.

7.30pm.

ITV 4. Be there or Be Square!

C'mon you rip-roaring, free-scoring, mighty HATTERS!!! :D

(Tekno's 'Head' prediction - Rochdale 2 LTFC 0. Tekno's 'Heart' prediction - Rochdale 1 Luton 2)

Babybob
11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Millwall are now away to Staines Town, my cousin's husband used to play for and manage them (Staines) and is still on the committee.
He has asked me and a few mates to come up from South Wales to watch the match but he said there could be trouble so it would be good if I could be alongside him just in case.....:eek: not sure about that so I might give it a miss......much safer.;)

Spirits High
11-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Millwall are now away to Staines Town, my cousin's husband used to play for and manage them (Staines) and is still on the committee.
He has asked me and a few mates to come up from South Wales to watch the match but he said there could be trouble so it would be good if I could be alongside him just in case.....:eek: not sure about that so I might give it a miss......much safer.;)

I feel sorry for Staines as there ground isn't the biggest and what it's going to cost them for extra policing etc they won't make much money out of the game.

Not sure how many tickets Staines will give Millwall but if we'd had pushed them to a replay they would have only got 800 tickets.

Couple of old AFC boys at Staines Dave Sargeant and Richard Butler spring to mind.

Kernow
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Tonight.

7.30pm.

ITV 4. Be there or Be Square!

C'mon you rip-roaring, free-scoring, mighty HATTERS!!! :D

(Tekno's 'Head' prediction - Rochdale 2 LTFC 0. Tekno's 'Heart' prediction - Rochdale 1 Luton 2)

Kernow's fantasy prediction....Tom Craddock to net a hat-trick :eek:

Best of luck to Nick, Gary, Richard & the boys :thumbs_up:

Kernow
12-11-2009, 03:17 PM

Actual result

Rochdale 0 Luton Town 2 :claphands:
Listen to your Heart......& bring on Rotheram !!

:jumping:

:D :D

Babybob
12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Paul, you may know my cousin's husband, his name is Chris Wainwright (Basher).

He was telling me about Richard Butler, he's scored loads of goals in the Conference and Ryman Leagues etc.

Cheers.

DJTekno
09-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Actual result

Rochdale 0 Luton Town 2 :claphands:
Listen to your Heart......& bring on Rotheram !!

:jumping:

:D :D

LTFC 3 v Rotherham 0

............away at St Marys on the 2nd of Jan in Round 3. Looking forward to a bit of an all-dayer on this one!!!

BRING IT ON - FORZA LTFC, FORZA 2020!!

A very happy DJT.:D

Kernow
09-12-2009, 05:29 PM
LTFC 3 v Rotherham 0

............away at St Marys on the 2nd of Jan in Round 3. Looking forward to a bit of an all-dayer on this one!!!

BRING IT ON - FORZA LTFC, FORZA 2020!!

A very happy DJT.:D

"We are the Town...We are the Town.....We are, We are, We are the Town !! " :D :D :D