PDA

View Full Version : I found free live chat support for your webiste. 4

Rowleys
29-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I was looking around the Internet to find a live chat support and the cost is really top money. But i have found one that works with msn messenger you get a code to your website and it shows if your signed in to you msn live on your site. The user can chat to you and it will come throw msn and its free.

Take a look here

http://www.stephendaly.org/blog/post/2008/02/Add-Windows-Live-Messenger-to-your-website-or-blog.aspx

Shaun
29-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I used to have a live chat function integrated into my site. I found it to be a waste of time .

Gareth
29-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I used to have a live chat function integrated into my site. I found it to be a waste of time .

I have used a MSN Live chat on my website and must agree. I only recieve e-mails and I don't think I have ever recieved a message from the live console.

Gareth

Rowleys
29-10-2009, 11:00 AM
but i use msn all the time and its never logged out so i think it will work for me

Shaun
29-10-2009, 11:07 AM
but i use msn all the time and its never logged out so i think it will work for me

....but if the clients don't make use of the live chat feature, it'll make no difference if you're logged in or not.

DJMaxG
29-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Crafty Syntax is good, but with a local Disco company, how many customers would actually use it :embarrased:

discomobiledj
29-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Crafty Syntax is good, but with a local Disco company, how many customers would actually use it :embarrased:

Did you do a Google search for that one?

Waste of time IMO. Had three types on the go and never worked.

DJMaxG
29-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Did you do a Google search for that one?

Waste of time IMO. Had three types on the go and never worked.

I used to run a small hosting company with a friend, and purchased hosting before. It's Free with 'CPanel' based systems.

rob1963
29-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I've seen this "live chat help" type feature on a few websites, and think it's a waste of time.

Who is going to use the live chat feature that wouldn't either use your website contact form or pick up the phone?

:shrug:

Apart from that, there's no way I'm sitting around waiting for people to ask questions which are answered on the website anyway...if only they could be bothered to look.

Charlie Brown
29-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah I agree Rob,

I think it would be a waste of time.

welby
29-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I had a skype button on my website - waste of time - sorry!

Shaun
29-10-2009, 03:37 PM
I've seen this "live chat help" type feature on a few websites, and think it's a waste of time.

Who is going to use the live chat feature that wouldn't either use your website contact form or pick up the phone?

:shrug:

Apart from that, there's no way I'm sitting around waiting for people to ask questions which are answered on the website anyway...if only they could be bothered to look.

Having used the Live Chat feature on my website, it pains me to say it but you're absolutely right.

"Nurse! my medication please!"

wensleydale
29-10-2009, 10:19 PM
i have used the live chat many a time on other websites, but 9 times out of ten they are not manned unless they are very large companies and then it becomes a case of just sending an email.
I think you can overcomplicate these things...

DazzyD
29-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I ran a chat room where folks could come in and ask questions or just chat to our guys. We used to run it for 1hr on a Thursday night but I've had technical problems tonight and I'm now closing it down. It did get a little bit of interest but not enough to warrant an hour of 3 people's time.

Vectis
29-10-2009, 10:50 PM
If you do want a free professional-looking live chat system check out

http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm

I've used this for a while without snags, and use it across several websites so I just have one console window to monitor. It gets a fair amount of use but rarely from the main VV website - maybe once a month.

rob1963
29-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Having used the Live Chat feature on my website, it pains me to say it but you're absolutely right.

:D :D :D

"Nurse! my medication please!"

I reckon you need to up the dosage!

:D :D :D

DeckstarDeluxe
30-10-2009, 12:07 AM

better get a spellchecker then................