PDA

View Full Version : equinox micro par bar review

flatliners
29-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Just recived an equinox micro par bar system and i am really impressed.

In the kit you get 2 micro par bars a foot controller 2 stands and stand bags dmx and power leads and a protex flight case.

The first thing i noticed upon unpacking the kit was the stands all meatal and a good weight to them they should stand the riggers of the road also the bags for the stands seem a good quality.

Each bar has 4 heads and a total of 192 bright leds each head having 48 leds ( 36 red 72 green 84 blue )
the unit it self has a good weight to it all metal construction.
and the controller is the same.
ON the back of the there are iec power in and out so you can like two units of one power lead, there is dmx in and out ( standerd 3 pin ) foot controller input ( 5 pin lead ) an on off switch and a blue lcd display with push puttons for dmx

The unit will work sound to light without the foot controller.
The foot controller gives instant, and simple control over several control modes: Pressing one pedal will black-out the lights, pressing another will hold the current colour display and change between auto and sound operation, the other two pedals will change either the 13 built-in programmes manually or the colour selection.

Also the 2 par bars foot controller and leads fit into a nice protex case that is managable if you have a gig that requires stairs to climb

DMX channels: 6/9/15 selectable
192 Ultra Bright 10mm LEDs (R:36, G:72, B:84)
Individual tilt & swivel on each panel
Beam angle: 25 degrees
3-Pin XLR In/Out sockets
Mains IEC Power In/Out sockets
5-Pin XLR foot switch socket
Slimline design
DMX 512 compatible
Linkable - connect multiple kits to one controller
Height adjustable
All metal design
Light-weight
Low power consumption
Ultra low heat output
No duty cycle
Specifications:
Power supply: 240V
Power consumption: 35W
Dimensions: 800 x 54 x 280mm
Weight: 5Kgs

conclusion this is a really thought out system i was abit put off by the size until i fired it up and my jaw hit the floor equinox have made a great system that should withstand life on the road