PDA

View Full Version : Halloween - "Mayhem Style"

Mayhem 1
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Once again Halloween saw us booked again for The Young Puritans Family Party at Banbury United.

Tammy and myself arrived nice and early so we could set up the equipment at our leisure and it worked out very well and it was during this time that Sharon the organiser also arrived.

We had just finished setting up when Flyboy and his much better half Emma walked in, and after the usual BBR greeting and setting up his mic and everything was ready for the forthcoming evening of chaos.

Things got off to a flying start and everyone was really up for a good fun time which was delivered in spades!!! With party dances and a whole heap of silliness from myself and team BBR it could not get any better, could it??

Yes it did!!!

After a short interval I unleashed the awesome envelope game which required 3 x Ladies and 4 x Gentlemen volunteers which we found with no problems.

I must say the performances from all contestants was outstanding and they all entered with much gusto and fun.

All contestants deserved to win but after some serious chatting within the team we awarded the winners as

Lady Winner - Cheryl (Tine Turner)

Male Winner - Chris (Freddie Mercury)

After this competition we let loose with some normal dancing and we was very soon into the finale.

Dance floor packed for the final two Party dances which were Country Roads & 500 Miles.

This in my opinion was possibly the best party we have ever done for The Young Puritans, the venue and the staff are excellent and the audience are some of the best party people we have ever met.

We will see everyone again next year for the Presentation evenings and again at Halloween

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Carpmonster/Picture024_S.jpg

rob1963
03-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Looking great as always Mr M.

Well done!

:beer1:

Corabar Steve
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Once again Halloween saw us booked again for The Young Puritans Family Party at Banbury United.
A Halloween party for Young Puritans?

Surely they shouldn't be having one it's a pagan festival after all.:devil:

Well done as per usual yada yada etc..... :sj:

Rather you than me, keep up the good work.

Excalibur
03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
A Halloween party for Young Puritans?

Surely they shouldn't be having one it's a pagan festival after all.:devil:

Well done as per usual yada yada etc..... :sj:

Rather you than me, keep up the good work.

What he said.

DJ Jules
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
After a short interval I unleashed the awesome envelope game which required 3 x Ladies and 4 x Gentlemen volunteers which we found with no problems.

Give us a clue - what is the awesome envelope game? Or is that a Trade Secret? ;)

Julian

Charlie Brown
03-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Well done! You fail to dissapoint every time :)

Mayhem 1
04-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Many thanks guys :beer1:

The envelope game can be amazing but you MUST have the right people enter into it.

1) You get your contestants up eg: 3 x ladies and 3 x men

2) You then give them a choice of an envelope to pick

3) Inside the envelope is the name of either a female or male singer

4) They then have to do a visual impression of that artist.

You can give them an old mic to hold for effect but it is visual they do not sing.

Done right it is really funny.

Give it a go chaps.

DJ Jules
04-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Many thanks guys :beer1:

The envelope game can be amazing but you MUST have the right people enter into it.

1) You get your contestants up eg: 3 x ladies and 3 x men

2) You then give them a choice of an envelope to pick

3) Inside the envelope is the name of either a female or male singer

4) They then have to do a visual impression of that artist.

You can give them an old mic to hold for effect but it is visual they do not sing.

Done right it is really funny.

Give it a go chaps.

Thanks :) I bet that can be funny, but you're right, I bet you need the right people in the right kind of mood to make it work (otherwise you might just get six very stiff adults pretending to swing their pants).

Julian

DJMaxG
04-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Looks like the floor was full then, from the picture :approve: :p

You can give them an old mic to hold for effect but it is visual they do not sing

How do they impersonate the Celebrity, and how long does the game proceed for after choosing the envelope?

Mayhem 1
05-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Looks like the floor was full then, from the picture :approve: :p

How do they impersonate the Celebrity, and how long does the game proceed for after choosing the envelope?

All the contestants do is a visual impression eg; Freddy Mercury prances around, that is whta the contestant would do etc it is qouite hard to explain but if you were to follow the above then it would become clear mate.

The duration of the game is up to you depending on how many contestants you have and also how much of the song you play.