PDA

View Full Version : Party Game Ideas

Jonathan Ford
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Guys

I normally do primary school PTA discos, so age ranges 5-11. However, I've accepted a booking for a combined christening/1st birthday later this month. It started off as just a disco, but they've now asked for some party games too. However, the oldest child attending is four years old, and the few games I normally do may be a little boisterous for them. Any ideas?

Cheers

Jon

Corabar Entertainment
03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Ouch! Children of that age are very difficult to organise, we usually refuse anything below aged 5 because they just aren't old enough to following even simple instructions and they have to be virtually individually led by the hand - one by one.

I'll have a think to see if I can come with anything that might be simple enough, but, whatever you do, make sure you have it in writing that you will have the help of plenty of adults to assist in the organisation. If they intend to just leave it to organise however many tiny children (how many are there?) then I would run a mile!

StarZSoundS
03-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Ouch! Children of that age are very difficult to organise, we usually refuse anything below aged 5 because they just aren't old enough to following even simple instructions and they have to be virtually individually led by the hand - one by one.

I'll have a think to see if I can come with anything that might be simple enough, but, whatever you do, make sure you have it in writing that you will have the help of plenty of adults to assist in the organisation. If they intend to just leave it to organise however many tiny children (how many are there?) then I would run a mile!

Know what you mean ....however you are limiting your market unnecssarily.I find if you explain to the Parents beforehand that the smaller kids are gonna walk around a bit "Pretty Vacant" they understand....and are doubly grateful that you have tried.

Fortunately i'm blessed....I go two handed....and my partner has instant rapport with all kids of all ages...

Jonathan Ford
04-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Ouch indeed, Angela. Your sentiments mirror my own exactly!

Corabar Entertainment
04-11-2009, 12:10 PM
How many of them are there and how many adults helping?

Jonathan Ford
04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Only 30 people, but out of those around a dozen are under four.

I sent her an email yesterday explaining the problems inherent with trying to organise kids so young; I suppose I'm trying to preemptively lower her expectations. My literature states that I have many years experience of childrens parties - which I do....just not ones so young!

The only things I can think of that won't require one to one supervision, or a sheepdog (!), is something like Pass the Parcel.

Corabar Entertainment
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Have you got any help? or is it you on your own?

JDB Entertainment
04-11-2009, 12:30 PM
One idea I have come up with is the following:

1 Hula Hoop
Beanbags

Line the kids up and get the to throw the Beanbag in the Hula Hoop.

Lots of encouragement.

Kids under 4 love to throw! :D

Also best dancer competition?!

Jonathan Ford
04-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Have you got any help? or is it you on your own?

Nope. Just me.

One idea I have come up with is the following:

1 Hula Hoop
Beanbags

Line the kids up and get the to throw the Beanbag in the Hula Hoop.

Lots of encouragement.

Kids under 4 love to throw! :D

Also best dancer competition?!

The bean bag/hoop thing might be a goer. Not sure about the best dancer...

Perhaps I could recreate "Baby left, baby right" from TFI Friday for the adults!!

StarZSoundS
04-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Man....you are not given them enough credit!!

If they can walk ...they can Limbo.

Musical chairs is Fun even at that age....if you put a bit of fun in it!!Get the parents to carry them.

Most of all...be positive.If you wander around saying...."They are very little Luv....I don't know what to do with them"...They are not gonna be impressed!!I do loads at this age.

POSITIVE

Jonathan Ford
04-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Well, they are very little...and I don't know what to do with them! What started off as a noce little top up on a Sunday afternoon is turning into a big pile of hard work for me. That's not negativity, just honesty!

Jonathan Ford
28-11-2009, 01:19 PM
This gig was last Sunday, and it went very well indeed. I only played a couple of games, and roped in loads of the parents to help. I just want to say a big thank you to Mr Mayhem, who gave me some great advice on the phone.

Mayhem 1
28-11-2009, 07:04 PM
pleased to help mate