PDA

View Full Version : Best fancy dress theme

Silver
27-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi, this is my first post, although I've been a member for a few months, I wanted to wait to say hello until I'd got something of interest to say. So firstly HI to you all and I hope this is of interest :)

My main point is, I've got a fancy dress party to do in September and the client is a tad unsure of what theme to have. Want to stay away from tarts and vicars, toga, movie stars and all the normal old stuff.

So what's the BEST theme you've seen. My personal choice at the moment is BLACK and WHITE. So nice to be aboard and thanks in advance for your help.

A1DL
27-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi Simon, welcome to the forum matey :teeth:

"Black & White" theme parties have become very popular over recent years, we have found.

Tony :beer:

Corabar Entertainment
27-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi there Silver, and welcome!

Yes - the 'Black & White' theme has become VERY popular recently - almost to the point of overkill, but it does look very impressive, with all the decorations and the guests decked out in black & white.

It really depends on the sort of function you are doing, I suppose - are you looking for a 'bit of fun', or fairly sophisticated?

reemicks disco
27-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi Silver, welcome to the forum

Silver
27-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Errrrrrrrrrrrrr - sophisticated NO!!! :)

It's at our local rugby club!!!! :teeth:

Sophistication will not be the case

Wolfie
27-05-2006, 01:38 PM
So what's the BEST theme you've seen.

best "theme" i ever witnessed was a mate of mine's cousins wedding. He had a Star trek Wedding (you can probalby tell by the avatar i am currently using why it impressed me), i know it's not everyones cup of tea but enough for fueling inspiration.

the whole congregation were dressed in Star Trek outfits even in the church ceremony (i even heard rumour they had a Klingon for a Priest & "Data" for a best man) the only person in traditional dress at the service was the bride who wore a traditional white wedding dress.

funkymike
27-05-2006, 02:49 PM
best "theme" i ever witnessed was a mate of mine's cousins wedding. He had a Star trek Wedding (you can probalby tell by the avatar i am currently using why it impressed me), i know it's not everyones cup of tea but enough for fueling inspiration.

the whole congregation were dressed in Star Trek outfits even in the church ceremony (i even heard rumour they had a Klingon for a Priest & "Data" for a best man) the only person in traditional dress at the service was the bride who wore a traditional white wedding dress.

Hey wolfie I bet that was great, me and missis have always wanted to go to las vagas and get that done as star trek, she wants to go as 7 of 9! :teeth:

wensleydale
27-05-2006, 02:53 PM
go for tube stations.
the fun you can have with ****fosters and shepherds bush.....

Have a disco
27-05-2006, 03:07 PM
the most famous fancy dressed party gang I do disco parties for regularly

super heroes and supercrooks November
vicars & tarts March
skool days August
favourite footie players/teams May
Wimbledon & Wombles (absolutely hilarious) July
cowboys n gals vs indians September
Cops n robbers/Gangsters January
St george n the dragons April
Halloween October
POP stars November
Beach party June
Toga Feburary
Masked ball New year

months they did them after theme to give you an idea

KrazyKaz
27-05-2006, 03:55 PM
there's always a pyjama party (some things are not solely for kids)

that could be fun.

Corabar Steve
28-05-2006, 11:08 AM
The best ones I've done have been Heroes & Villians, & a 70's themed birthday

Welcome aboard BTW :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-05-2006, 01:13 PM
School disco theme proved very popular last year with us.