PDA

View Full Version : how does my site look so far

deltaforce
10-11-2009, 02:34 AM
been designing my site happy with it so far let me know what you think
http://www.delta-discos.com

Marc J
10-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Can't quite put my finger on it....I think I've seen it somewhere before?

www.charliebrownsdisco.co.uk
www.heavenlysounds.org
www.dj-crankz.co.uk
www.tjules.com
www.unique-soundz-disco.co.uk
www.magpies-discos.co.uk
www.allaspectsevents.co.uk
www.sosdiscos.co.uk
www.pulsardisco-karaoke.co.uk
www.arpdiscos.co.uk/
www.jodesdiscos.co.uk
www.entertainerdd.com
www.djnandoinfo.com
www.thosepartypeople.co.uk
www.prosounddiscos.com

etc. etc. etc...:eek:

If you're aiming to stand out from the crowd, a good start would be not to use probably the most overused "disco" template in existence!

Warning - if anyone decides to click on the above links, most of them also think that sound on a website is something that should be started as soon as possible with no user interaction :bang:

Vectis
10-11-2009, 08:40 AM
:agree: with Marc 100%

Read and consider these two threads:

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22107

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22620

Babybob
10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Check your grammar and spelling as it looks very unprofessional regardless of what template you use.
Rob will be along shortly, he likes to help in these matters.
;)

Booche
10-11-2009, 10:11 AM
WooooooooooooW looks like a VistaPrint invasion lol

Marc J
10-11-2009, 10:22 AM
WooooooooooooW looks like a VistaPrint invasion lol

There's more.....clicky (http://images.google.co.uk/images?imgcolor=red&imgtbs=l&hl=en&safe=off&um=1&q=%2Bdisco+%2Bbg-1.jpeg+vistaprint&sa=N&filter=0&start=0&ndsp=21&imgc=specific) :eek:

Vectis
10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
:rofl:

Booche
10-11-2009, 10:26 AM
:eek: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-11-2009, 10:34 AM
There's more.....clicky (http://images.google.co.uk/images?imgcolor=red&imgtbs=l&hl=en&safe=off&um=1&q=%2Bdisco+%2Bbg-1.jpeg+vistaprint&sa=N&filter=0&start=0&ndsp=21&imgc=specific) :eek:

:rofl:

:eek: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Come on chaps, that's not very constructive.

Vectis
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM

I already did constructive and await a response

Marc J
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM

Sorry, was just further illustrating what I felt was constructive criticism.

Shakermaker Promotions
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
The main thing is grammer.

I noticed a spelling mistake straight away and that's QOUTE when it should be QUOTE. It's little things like that, that don't come across too well.

It wouldn't bother me if you are using a template or whatever everyone else is using to be honest as if I was a customer looking for contact details only, well...it does the job BUT grammer is mega important.

I'm doing an overhaul of my website over the next week or two. I just think that there is far too much going on with mine. Yours is simple and done the right way, will be just as effective.

Marc J
10-11-2009, 11:06 AM
The main thing is grammer.

I disagree, grammar is second only to spelling! :D

OK, here goes....are we sitting comfortably?

Home page: -

Mobile disco - Cambridegshire Norfolk
Delta Discos

Music for All Occasions

Thanks for visiting Delta Discos!
Stop your search for a mobile disco here!

Delta Disco[remove apostrophe]s is focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction - we will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
Delta Disco[remove apostrophe]s wants your party to go your way so we encourage customers to suggest playlists for their party, as well as taking requests on the night.
Whether it be a birthday, wedding, anniversary, theme night[remove full stop] or any special occasion, we're sure you'll be happy working with us.

Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.

Bookmark our site so you know you always have a disco at your fingertips.

Also, too many colours and sizes for the text throughout, for no apparent reason. Pick two at the most and stick with them.

About Us page: -

Delta Disco[remove apostrophe]s, based in Wisbech, provides a mobile dj service supplying disco hire for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, theme nights - all functions throughout the [remove full stop] Cambridgeshire and Norfolk area, and also part of Lincolnshire.

We have a wide range of music and encourage the customer to add a playlist.
Our sound system is over 1kW with a great light system.
Our prices are very competitive. Contact us for a quote.

Our business is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. We are committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percent age of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry. ***this paragraph is so bereft of mistakes I can only assume you've copied it from somewhere else! (http://decadersdisco.co.uk/AboutUs.html)***

Wisbech, PE13 3UF

I'll leave the rest for others (probably Rob!), the above only points out the obvious spelling / capitilisation issues on the first two pages...

Marc J
10-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I take back my "copy" remark, it must be a Vistaprint template thing that you haven't changed...as I found more with the same text and they're all on Vistaprint sites....

My apologies.

rob1963
10-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Rob will be along shortly, he likes to help in these matters.;)

I like to help in ALL matters where possible! :D

The one thing which jumps out at me is that when you click on the FAQ page, an "About us" page comes up...although one which is different to the other "About us page" and one which includes your address & office hours, which surely should be on the contact page?

:confused:

Apart from that, the site has too many different font sizes & font colours for my liking.

deltaforce
11-11-2009, 01:45 AM
thanks for looking guys never realized there were so many the same not sure if you can use your own header at vistaprint though also how do i make it so you have your signature picture as a link to your site

deltaforce
27-11-2009, 03:52 PM
ok still with vista but changed things a bit think it looks a lot better going in the right direction anyway
comments please

rob1963
27-11-2009, 10:33 PM
ok still with vista but changed things a bit think it looks a lot better going in the right direction anyway
comments please

I'm just wondering about the significance of the large world & stars in your new header...and how they link in with a mobile disco business?

deltaforce
28-11-2009, 03:46 PM
have you had a look on the vista site they dont really have much in the way of templates for a disco apart from the one everybody uses
dont think there has to be a picture of decks or headphones for people
to know what the site is advertising anyway
may change it again yet if i find something i like

yourdj
28-11-2009, 06:30 PM
got my interest as theres a delta disco in southampton sure Vectis knows of them.

Not bad but as they say samey.

I would try and get some more photos and personalise it a bit more.

At a gig so must go

deltaforce
28-11-2009, 08:09 PM
thanks yourdj
well i thought delta sounds like a spacey name so thats why i picked the template
still no bookings through the website as of yet though
all my bookings at the moment are coming from a friend
only thing is he dont charge alot got one in january he's charged them £100
not enough in my book

samuelchristian
29-11-2009, 12:59 PM
have you had a look on the vista site they dont really have much in the way of templates for a disco apart from the one everybody uses

So why use Vistaprint then??? :confused:

still no bookings through the website as of yet though

How are you promoting your website? Even if you have a fantastic site, its not gonna get you any work if no one knows it exists.

deltaforce
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
so far not counting hits from this site had 60 visitors
and one booking that left no contact details
using adwords and advertised on a lot of different sites