PDA

View Full Version : Non 'run of the mill' request

ian8limelight
28-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has recently had an non 'un of the mill' request at a Wedding/Function recently.

On Friday, I had one for 'Last Dance' by Donna Summer which went down a storm.

A1DL
28-05-2006, 02:20 PM
one of our DJs last night phoned in, somewhat concerned, after being asked to play "Smack My Bitch Up"... at a Wedding Reception!

Corabar Steve
28-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Most of last nights requests, I'll post some in a while.

ian8limelight
28-05-2006, 02:36 PM
one of our DJs last night phoned in, somewhat concerned, after being asked to play "Smack My Bitch Up"... at a Wedding Reception!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ...... interesting !!!

Remind me, who did that track ?

A1DL
28-05-2006, 02:38 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ...... interesting !!!

Remind me, who did that track ?

The Prodigy

BTW I did advise NOT to play it!!

ian8limelight
28-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Cheers ............ mind went a blank !!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Cheers ............ mind went a blank !!!!

Nothing new there then.... :teeth:

soundtracker
28-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Had a request last night for Puff the Magic Dragon - silly arse!

Corabar Entertainment
28-05-2006, 05:51 PM
We've just had a request sheet in for a wedding reception where they've added to the list of styles of music required with 'Metal' and 'Punk'.

ian8limelight
28-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Nothing new there then.... :teeth:

Love you too !!!!!!!!!!

Sapphire Disco
28-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Had a wedding request last night from one of the two ladies concerned for Agado, it went down a storm, whole place did the dance.
Must say it was the best disco I have done, was a bit worried for obvious reasons.
Also had request for I will always love you, put on the "Hex" remix (didn't know I had it) thought I had made a bad mistake at the start but it's brilliant, will play it on a regular basis now.

pagan_flame
28-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Got a playlist for a 60th birthday in June - includes Guns & Roses + Bon Jovi... :teeth: :beer:

Corabar Steve
28-05-2006, 08:15 PM
BTW I did advise NOT to play it!!Coward :teeth:

Last night's (amongst others):

Pop Will Eat Itself - Karmadrome
Prodigy - No good (start the dance)
Garbage - Push it
RHCP - Give it away
Charlatans - The only one I know
Foo Fighters - Learn to fly
Inspiral Carpets - Dragging me down / Saturn 5
Stone Roses - I am the resurection
Seahorses - Blinded by the sun
Oasis - Supersonic
Radiohead - Just

& as part of the slow songs at the start (they had 5 after the first dance)
Radiohead - High & dry
Oasis - Live forever

& they all went down well

robbiedj
28-05-2006, 10:24 PM
We've just had a request sheet in for a wedding reception where they've added to the list of styles of music required with 'Metal' and 'Punk'.

We just had a list for a wedding for "Indy and 80's mostly".
they want Stone Roses, Moloko, Dee-Lite etc.

Then they spoilt it with Abba, YMCA and a 1st dance of Andy Williams "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"

robbiedj
28-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Got a playlist for a 60th birthday in June - includes Guns & Roses + Bon Jovi... :teeth: :beer:

Just did a 60th, biggest floor fillers Sweet Child Of Mine, Living On A Prayer and Don't Stop Me Now.

And Rod Stewart "Sailing"

ian8limelight
28-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Then they spoilt it with Abba, YMCA and a 1st dance of Andy Williams "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"

And what's wrong with that !!!!

Corabar Entertainment
28-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Have to admit, I'm getting sick of the sight of "Andy Williams - Can't Take My Eyes Off You" on requests sheets at the moment..... it seems to be on every other one!!!

ian8limelight
28-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Try and pursuade them to try the 'Boystown Gang' version, although I've not had a great deal of Andy Williams recently.

Groove Spinner
29-05-2006, 12:08 AM
The most unusual I've had was for Elvis Presley's 'Suspicious Minds' - from a young lad at a 10th birthday party!

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Have to admit, I'm getting sick of the sight of "Andy Williams - Can't Take My Eyes Off You" on requests sheets at the moment..... it seems to be on every other one!!!

Had that as first dance tonight funnily enough!

As well as Beastie Boys, Kasabian, Vanilla Ice abd MC Hammer... :omg:

Alex - Cream Ents
29-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes I had "Can't take my eyes off you" as 1st dance on Sat - although they specifically asked for the Andy "X Factor" Abraham version. Cheese it up.

Ho ho ho ho here comes the hammer....that's why we pray.

Corabar Steve
29-05-2006, 11:56 AM
So has anyone else had some off the wall requests that worked as per Ian's oiginal question?

I'm sure we'd all be very rich if we had a £ for every time "Can't take my eyes off you" was requested