PDA

View Full Version : Website feedback

charlie
12-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well.

Just thought i would share my websites with all of you to get some feedback and new ideas for the new year.

www.neonnightsdisco.co.uk - Used obviously for my disco company

www.djcharlietee.co.uk - Used for my club and DJ work

Any advice or opinions are welcome.

Bear in mind im a young DJ doing 18ths etc so thats who the sites are aimed at!

cheers

charlie

rob1963
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Charlie,

I've only looked at the Neon Nights site so far, but I think it looks very professional.

I just picked up on a few small things.

I'd change the order of the page links down the left hand side. For example, you have "Meet your DJ" as the 11th one down. Surely it would make more sense to have this 2nd, right under the "Home" page link? If you haven't already done so, I'd also put the links for the functions you do in order of priority. In other words, you currently have teen birthdays at the top, but if most of your work is weddings, then move that to the top.

I see no need to have a gallery page AND a latest photos page, so I'd combine these into just one gallery page.

On the home page, I'd lose the commas after the bullet point list of places you cover.

At the bottom of the pages where you have your phone number & email address, I'd space the phone number as xxxxx xxx xxx and I'd also make the email address into an actual email link.

Also, I noticed a number of places on the site where you've incorrectly used a capital letter instead of a small one, especially with the testimonial half way down the home page, where you have the first letter of every word starting with a capital letter.

On the contact page, you have a missing letter in the instructions at the top "If you would like more information on any of the services we offer, please use the for below to get in touch with us."

Finally, on the contat page I'd add a drop down box for preferred contact method (phone, email or no preference) and would also add a message box where they can ask general questions etc.

Hope this helps.

:)

soundtracker
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Finally, on the contat page

I think he means the CONTACT page Charlie!!:D

yourdj
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Very nice. i really like it!

Bit too much scrolling. the pics say a thousand words. If you can try and get all of that on one or one and a half of a page that would possibly be better?

good though. I have forwarded it to a friend of mine as he needs something like that.

visualdjmax
12-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Looks very good.

rob1963
12-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I think he means the CONTACT page Charlie!!:D

You think correctly!

Bit too much scrolling. the pics say a thousand words. If you can try and get all of that on one or one and a half of a page that would possibly be better?

I also picked up on the scrolling issue, but forgot to mention it in my previous reply. This is especially true of the "Home" page...which is 3.5 times taller than my monitor and the "What others say" page which is a massive 4.5 times taller than my monitor.

charlie
12-11-2009, 03:27 PM
cheers for everything so far!

with regards to the scrolling, as its a set website template i cant make it any wider.

Im trying to cut down the information but cant really find any to cut out that isn't important.

Keep it coming!

charlie
17-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Just to say thank you for all the feedback.

Rob, i am in the process of putting everything you said into practice so thank you!

rob1963
17-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Rob, i am in the process of putting everything you said into practice so thank you!

My pleasure, Charlie!

Glad to help.

:cheers: