PDA

View Full Version : Class d CD 215 2000w Speaker's

Booche
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Was looking around for some replacement speakers and found these
http://www.classd.ltd.uk/2000w_pair-of-cd215-class-d_pa-speakers-for-djs-and-bands.html

Now i knew if i spent that much before Xmas my misses would have gone mad :( so good old Flebay came in handy when i found the exact same speakers just up the road from me for £150, well to cut the story short i won them and the guy actually delivered them to me for a measly £10 :) they are in mint condition and when i say mint the guys only had them 8mths as backup and they still have there warrenty till Feb 2010 :) plus the guy even threw in a pair of speakon cables :) so for now im happy ( apart from the ruddy size of them lol )

Just wondered if anyone had any more views on these :)

Cheers Dave :)

jc light and sound
12-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Budget speaker box made in China as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Booche
12-11-2009, 10:13 PM

These actually sound very very crisp and sound so it must be a good thing to come from china lol

ppentertainments
12-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I would find the sofa and hide, making comments like that.

..............Waits for incoming attack :D :D

Can hear Peter (Excalibur) loading his shotgun now.

Corabar Entertainment
12-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Have you ever had any experience of Class D? :cool:

ppentertainments
12-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Have you ever had any experience of Class D? :cool:
Especially the ones made in China NOT Mansfield :confused:

Booche
12-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Ive heard nothing but good reviews about Class d hence why i bought these lol
now saying that im sure some members will have had bad use etc about them.

Cheers Dave :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-11-2009, 10:20 PM
There are a million threads on Class D, do we really need another one?

Corabar Steve
12-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I didn't know Mansfield was in China

Booche
12-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Sorry my mistake :(

Corabar Steve
12-11-2009, 10:21 PM
About as much as we need one on Mackie or RCF

ppentertainments
12-11-2009, 10:22 PM

Don't be a spoilsport :p :D

Anyway, these are apparantly Class-D from China so is that not different :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
About as much as we need one on Mackie or RCF

Don't be flippant Steve.

There are a lot of threads about Class D including this one hence my comment.

NKR
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
If they are 2000w RMS I am Brad Pitts long lost cousin who is much fitter than him and has more style.

Nope found a mirror - I am slightly overweight and not quite cutting the Hollywood.

Thought so.

Booche
12-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Damn sorry i didnt realise this was gonna start a rift lol like i say my mistake for not looking properly :(

Cheers Dave

P.S. If you want to close thread Solitaire feel free :)

If they are 2000w RMS I am Brad Pitts long lost cousin who is much fitter than him and has more style.

Nope found a mirror - I am slightly overweight and not quite cutting the Hollywood.

Thought so.

Speaker CD215
Power RMS 500w RMS
Impeadence 8
Freq Response 30Hz - 20kHz
Sensitivity 94dB
Max SPL 118dB
Coverage 90 x 60
LF Driver 2 x 15"
HF Driver 4 x 3" Piezo & 2.5" Voice Coil
Cross Over Frequency 4kHz
Enclosure Material 18mm MDF
Finish Carpet
Connections Speakon In / Out
Dimensions (HxWxD) (Out Of Box) 1150x465x350mm
Dimensions (HxWxD) (Including Box)
Weight 35.2kg

As ive stated in previous posts im crap at speakers etc so sorry :(

jc light and sound
12-11-2009, 10:29 PM
We road tested a pair of the Class d speakers you have for our hire section.
So when i reply making the statement that i have it is based on experience with these cabs.
We found them to be unreliable and not made well enough to withstand being hired so didnt buy any more.
Most djs on here will agree that good quality speakers cost money we have used ev jbl mackie ohm hz and shermann.
A good way to judge them is by how many djs/bands do you see using them.
If its what the funds allow fine but you may want to consider moving up the ladder as soon as most pro djs will agree your sound is the most important thing its what people hear.
They arent to much bothered if you only use a few lights (less is more here) but they do like to hear a good sound.

Booche
12-11-2009, 10:32 PM
No problem i guess it comes down to the fact that i also liked them when i first heard them in class d's showroom, now i know that means sod all but still i think they sound crisp nice and clear but untill anything goes wrong or i have had a bad comment about them i shall stick with these....

NKR
12-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Speaker CD215
Power RMS 500w RMS
Impeadence 8
Freq Response 30Hz - 20kHz
Sensitivity 94dB
Max SPL 118dB
Coverage 90 x 60
LF Driver 2 x 15"
HF Driver 4 x 3" Piezo & 2.5" Voice Coil
Cross Over Frequency 4kHz
Enclosure Material 18mm MDF
Finish Carpet
Connections Speakon In / Out
Dimensions (HxWxD) (Out Of Box) 1150x465x350mm
Dimensions (HxWxD) (Including Box)
Weight 35.2kg

As ive stated in previous posts im crap at speakers etc so sorry :(

Sure they will do a job for you. MDF enclosures isn't very exciting. You will get a much better sound from something constructed from birch ply.

Just make sure you save up after these and buy something decent.

Booche
12-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Sure they will do a job for you. MDF enclosures isn't very exciting. You will get a much better sound from something constructed from birch ply.

Already started saving for a pair of OHM 2's ;)

jc light and sound
12-11-2009, 10:39 PM
The guys in Mansfield are great spent some time in there showroom and yes they will do a job for you but they are what they are and i would certainly look upon them as a stepping stone.
Oh and by the way for our members that suffer with geography Mansfield isnt in China but the speakers are manufactured there and shipped over here in the bucket load to Class D.

Penfold42
12-11-2009, 10:43 PM
The guys in Mansfield are great spent some time in there showroom and yes they will do a job for you but they are what they are and i would certainly look upon them as a stepping stone.

:agree:

NKR
12-11-2009, 10:44 PM
:agree:

Thats a chuffin big stepping stone, what you trying to cross?

Corabar Steve
12-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Don't be flippant Steve.

There are a lot of threads about Class D including this one hence my comment.
As are there on the brands I mentioned.

Let's not have any brand snobbery here.

Penfold42
12-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Thats a chuffin big stepping stone, what you trying to cross?

:confused:
Eh.....

Corabar Steve
12-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Most djs on here will agree that good quality speakers cost moneyThat's a very sweeping statement, there are plenty of DJs on here that use & are very happy with cheaper speakers.

I'd use my Class Ds over our Mackies any day.

Have you heard them in action then?

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-11-2009, 10:52 PM
As are there on the brands I mentioned.

Let's not have any brand snobbery here.

I am not being a brand snob.

This thread is about Class D, hence my comment, about Class D.

Now leave it please.

Corabar Steve
12-11-2009, 10:53 PM
:beer1: :beer1:

NKR
12-11-2009, 10:55 PM
That's a very sweeping statement, there are plenty of DJs on here that use & are very happy with cheaper speakers.

I'd use my Class Ds over our Mackies any day.

Have you heard them in action then?

No but you can't tell me that MDF is going to sound as sweet as Birch Ply which is selected as the material of choice for top end speaker manufacturers.

Corabar Steve
12-11-2009, 10:57 PM
No but you can't tell me that MDF is going to sound as sweet as Birch Ply which is selected as the material of choice for top end speaker manufacturers.
As far as I was aware I hadn't

Booche
12-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Can we get back to my OP please i only asked for comments or reviews if you had used these or experiance of them not about were they from or how far Manschinafield is lol

jc light and sound
You would use your class ds over mackies .
You obviously have the new mackies with the chinese drivers so that figures lol.

NKR
As far as I was aware I hadn't

I said - MDF enclosures are not going to sound as good as Birch Ply - You quoted me saying have you heard them in action then? I would have thought that was questioning my statement.

I could be wrong though.

Corabar Steve
12-11-2009, 11:06 PM
You obviously have the new mackies with the chinese drivers so that figures lol.
Obviously

I said - MDF enclosures are not going to sound as good as Birch Ply - You quoted me saying have you heard them in action then? I would have thought that was questioning my statement.

I could be wrong though.
I wasn't questioning your statement, I was asking if you'd heard them. If you haven't, how can you make the comparison?

(for the record, I have heard several birch ply cabs in action, Ohm & EV to name but 2 & they (Class D) compare favourably)

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Can we get back to my OP please i only asked for comments or reviews if you had used these or experiance of them not about were they from or how far Manschinafield is lol

Back on topic please, otherwise Booche has asked that the thread is closed.

So, comments from users of these please.

dj keevers
03-03-2010, 09:20 AM
im too scared to even respond about these speakers or maybe to even admit i got a set, or that the guy i got them off had 2 sets cus he loved them so much. Im even worried to admit they sound really nice, but disappointed with base response, maybe they need a better crossover/lpf i aint looked.

Might be better to open a handbag stall with the amount of bitchyness over speakers expressed in 1 small thread.

ouch there ive said it, im out of the closet I OWN A SET OF THESE SPEAKERS

Corabar Entertainment
03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
No bitchiness.... everyone's still friends! :lol:

A lot of people on the forum are very passionate and debates sometimes get heated, but that's it.

Totally Plucked
03-03-2010, 06:57 PM

Totally negative comment :(

Not ideally helpful, if it was based on personal experience then fair enough. Without reopening the great Class D debate, I have personally owned a couple of pairs of the full range 15's and also the 15 bass bins and have found them nothing less than excellent for the money.

It's Horses for courses :)

NKR
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
When did this come back to life?

Totally Plucked
03-03-2010, 07:02 PM
When did this come back to life?

Today, 10:20 AM #35
dj keevers

Excalibur
03-03-2010, 07:11 PM
In my opinion you get a lot more than you pay for. ;)

I would find the sofa and hide, making comments like that.

..............Waits for incoming attack :D :D

Can hear Peter (Excalibur) loading his shotgun now.
Actually, I missed this one somehow. :confused: :confused: Funny, cos I've got an alert set when the name comes up. :D :D :D

We road tested a pair of the Class d speakers you have for our hire section.
So when i reply making the statement that i have it is based on experience with these cabs.
We found them to be unreliable and not made well enough to withstand being hired so didnt buy any more.
Most djs on here will agree that good quality speakers cost money we have used ev jbl mackie ohm hz and shermann.
A good way to judge them is by how many djs/bands do you see using them.
If its what the funds allow fine but you may want to consider moving up the ladder as soon as most pro djs will agree your sound is the most important thing its what people hear.
They arent to much bothered if you only use a few lights (less is more here) but they do like to hear a good sound.
Not my experience.

With certain caveats, he'll have to spend an awful lot of money to get a noticeably better sound than these. ( One of the caveats being that they're not at their best when at floor level, with the HF units obscured by punters. Having said that, I use them in this situation in a couple of places simply because of the small footprint. )

Already started saving for a pair of OHM 2's ;)
No idea about these, but as always, listen and compare first, before dipping hand in pocket. ;)

Can we get back to my OP please i only asked for comments or reviews if you had used these or experiance of them not about were they from or how far from Mansfield China is lol
That'll be me then, ;) I've got two pairs of these, and I love 'em. A one box solution to many venues. Tremendous value in my opinion. ( Mind you. I paid £110 per pair new for mine. :D :D :D )

So we're comparing Chinese Class D's to Chinese Mackies, eh? Seems fair enough to me, since both are currently avaliable new.

Back on topic please, otherwise Booche has asked that the thread is closed.

So, comments from users of these please.
No probs. I feel suitably qualified to expostulate.

im too scared to even respond about these speakers or maybe to even admit i got a set, or that the guy i got them off had 2 sets cus he loved them so much. Im even worried to admit they sound really nice, but disappointed with base response, maybe they need a better crossover/lpf i aint looked.

Strewth, what do you want to do? :confused: I have to pull most of the bass off when I use mine, unless I'm trying to show off with the dance tunes. With a flat EQ, these have more than enough bass for anyone.

I also have two pairs. And others from the same stable. ;) I've got no complaints about build quality, reliability, after sales or value. I'd have to admit that there are plenty of louder cabs on the market, but I've run these side by side with many other makes, and in my opinion ( and others) they've beaten some very expensive plastic name cabs for quality. I have never felt them to be ( noticeably ) outclassed by anything I've run them against.

ppentertainments
03-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I'd have to admit that there are plenty of louder cabs on the market,
Thats the one thing that lets speakers from this manufacturer down. Personally I am starting to feel that they are not loud enough for larger rooms. The quality of sound to the ear is terrific though IMO.

Excalibur
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Thats the one thing that lets speakers from this manufacturer down. Personally I am starting to feel that they are not loud enough for larger rooms. The quality of sound to the ear is terrific though IMO.

If you can elevate them enough,even that's not a problem. ;) I've used them in many ways, over subs for height, or under CD15SP's ( my favourite setup) as the compression HF in the SP's add detail, and the 215's do the bass.

CRAZY K
03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
If you can elevate them enough,even that's not a problem. ;) I've used them in many ways, over subs for height, or under CD15SP's ( my favourite setup) as the compression HF in the SP's add detail, and the 215's do the bass.

On top:eek:

Is that a stack Peter--sounds a bit unstable:confused:

Whats your comment about not getting enough noise out of the cabs--
bigger amp;)

ppentertainments
03-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Have you not heard the cd12sp - nicer sounding if using as tops (and less back breaking - slightly :D :D )

Excalibur
03-03-2010, 08:27 PM
On top:eek:

Is that a stack Peter--sounds a bit unstable:confused:

Whats your comment about not getting enough noise out of the cabs--
bigger amp;)
There have been one or two piccies of my stacking arrangements on here before. None are absolutely ideal, but I've had no problems up to now.
As to amp size, I don't think there'd be a viable gain from bigger ones than I have now.

Have you not heard the cd12sp - nicer sounding if using as tops (and less back breaking - slightly :D :D )
No. Theoretically they're on my shopping list. :eek: When I've had a nice lottery win. :D I have a project ( pipedream ) in mind using them.

Chris, they'd be superb as dedicated tops, but I usually pair mine with the big ones in parallel. I'd hesitate to try that with 12's, I'm not sure they'd cope.

CRAZY K
03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
As to amp size, I don't think there'd be a viable gain from bigger ones than I have now.

Not your amp Peter---:bang:

PPs :) :) :)