PDA

View Full Version : dj booths.

jc light and sound
12-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I know you have discussed this one until the cows have come home but i would like some feedback from the deckstand pro users.
I am looking to purchase one for my son whos coming into the dj scene but want to know what you the guys who have already brought think of them in particular the lighting rig frame what is the weight capacity.
Does any body want to sell one let me know your thoughts.
Thanks Jon,

Dance FX
13-11-2009, 08:10 AM
We have one!

I love the stability of the booth and the two shelves. It looks professional and protects the equipment nicely.

I would however like to see a different bracket developed to hold the lighting poles. I know James has had it tested (can't remember how much weight it can carry) but I would be happier if the bracket hooked over the deck stand and screwed into it rather than just screwed into it!

Sarah

jc light and sound
13-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Sarah for replying i have a booth that i use by a different manufacturer but this doesn't have a facility for a table top and lighting bars so the deckstand looked a better option for my son who similar to yours is now making his way into mobile djing .
Once again thanks for replying and the rig picture looks really good keep it up.
Jon.

Dance FX
13-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Jon

I don't know where you are based but if you are anywhere near us (bromley, kent) you and your son are welcome to come and take a look at the booth.

Sarah

jc light and sound
13-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi Sarah,
We are based in the West Midlands but thank you for your very kind offer i think a local dj shop has just started to stock them near by so will probably venture over there and take a look,but thanks again.
Jon,

jamesh
16-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Jon,

Personally i'd say go for the deckstand booth as you wont be disappointed... but then i guess i would say that :D

If i'm totally honest i really don't like the look of the overhead bar with lighting on - but that's not just with the deckstand booth that's with any DJ stand - i much prefer the look of a couple of Tbars slightly behind the booth to either side but that's more of a personal preference rather than anything else. But the research done before the deckstand booth was launched suggested that it was a popular choice which is why it was created as an optional extra.

As mentioned there is another lighting bracket in development (version 2) which wont be greatly different to the one available now and wont increase the weight load the overhead bars can take but it's just a couple of extra bits from feedback of current customers. But there isn't a known release date yet and as the Christmas boom is now starting it's likely to be in the new year before any news is available on that.

If you have any other questions or want to see a booth but can't get to your local supplier let me know and i'll see what i can do to get myself or graham over to you one day to show you the booth and add ons.

jc light and sound
16-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi James thanks for replying,i have seen your booth at dj supplies in kidderminster i advised Simon there about your booths and from that he now has one on display.
I have decided to invest in one but last time i spoke with Simon he said he was awaiting a price list from you.All being well we will order in the next few days.
Regards Jon.

jamesh
17-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Hi Jon,

Simon has the price list now... seems the spam filter didnt like our emails but he managed to dig them out of the dreaded spam box last week so should be able to advise on price now.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jiggles
17-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Another positive report from another DSBP user here. Well worth it IMO.

jc light and sound
18-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for that.