PDA

View Full Version : Help - logic Sytems £5000.00

dmckaraoke
16-11-2009, 02:31 PM
About to buy logic system xp15 x 2 and ap180 bins/poles/bags/cables

£5000.00

Should i have a rethink...and buy something different...

Please your thoughts....

Penfold42
16-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Linky? :)

djdave01
16-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Assume he means this one

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=9624

You'll get a cracking HK Audio system for that kind of cash too.

Penfold42
16-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I seem to remember hearing a Void system at HTFR but for the life of me can't remember the price tag......:o
I'm sure Adam will. :)

DiscoTed
16-11-2009, 03:09 PM
I seem to remember hearing a Void system at HTFR but for the life of me can't remember the price tag......:o
I'm sure Adam will. :)

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR323464 ??/

Penfold42
16-11-2009, 03:15 PM

That's the kiddie - change as well.......:D

Javlingames
16-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Im yet to hear a decent sounding void system, yes they are loud but thats it?

DiscoTed
16-11-2009, 03:34 PM

£5000.00

Please your thoughts....

Am unsure of your system you already have but how about going for a mackie or rcf system then you will have change :D to put to other things, like a new playout or SOMETHING ted

Penfold42
16-11-2009, 03:43 PM

Rubbish!

After hearing these at HTFR I find these a well balanced system - you maybe need a new pair of peepers.

dmckaraoke
16-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Am unsure of your system you already have but how about going for a mackie or rcf system then you will have change :D to put to other things, like a new playout or sumthing. ted

I currently use Mackie sa1532..

Just want something even more...have a few move live bands etc to work with and would like something that can more than handle it..

Also would prefer a active set...and they do really float my boat...Also the link you sent are unable to supply at the price but a loacl dealer has come up trumps and said that he would match the offer online....which is all good for me as the cheapest tops on the xp range where £1220.00 tops, xp180 £1300 each and poles and covers are still required...

A1DL
16-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Assume he means this one

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=9624

You'll get a cracking HK Audio system for that kind of cash too.

If you're buying 18" subs, then I would recommend you get 12" tops to go with them, not 15"s. Much clearer & tighter for vocals.

Which Void boxes have you heard, Gavin, and in what environment?

djsteve10
16-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I have heard the logic system you have linked to. It is a very nice sound system same will all the logic gear. I have used both Active and the Passive stuff and the active stuff is now lighter than the older passive stuff :O.

NKR
16-11-2009, 05:55 PM

£5000.00

Please your thoughts....

That is the system I am after. You will find it cheaper from local dealer. Its the systems logics designed for the now bust sound control. Its a very nice system. :D :D :D

dmckaraoke
16-11-2009, 06:00 PM
That is the system I am after. You will find it cheaper from local dealer. Its the systems logics designed for the now bust sound control. Its a very nice system. :D :D :D

This was the price form the local dealer...and the the shop happens to be on the site of the old sound contol store in Glasgow...

Does anyone have or know of a better price for this system...???

Or still up for alternatives to this system if anyone has any suggestions..

What about these???

http://www.images2.co.uk/Sound_Equipment/Sorted_By_Brand.HK_Audio_Sound&item=1/ELIAS_PX_1600W_POWERED_SPEAKER_SYSTEM_SV373180.htm l

NKR
16-11-2009, 06:25 PM
This was the price form the local dealer...and the the shop happens to be on the site of the old sound contol store in Glasgow...

Does anyone have or know of a better price for this system...???

Or still up for alternatives to this system if anyone has any suggestions..

You need to find someone who can get them at trade, which means finding your local sound and light chap and seeing what he can do.

Pair of XP15's on ebay. Bet you could get them for £2k with covers. Just need the subs then.

Javlingames
17-11-2009, 08:37 AM
If you're buying 18" subs, then I would recommend you get 12" tops to go with them, not 15"s. Much clearer & tighter for vocals.

Which Void boxes have you heard, Gavin, and in what environment?

Im not sure which boxes i have heard, i will have a look online later but i did a whole summer using void a few years back and just found it loud and harsh, the subs did well and truly thump but the bass was not nice. I put it down to the way it had been set up, i could not do anything from the dj mixer (pioneer djm600) to make it sound good. The venue was a large hall, concrete floor, brick walls, very high ceiling. It was definatly loud enough but lacked quality.

A friend of mine got rid of his nexo rig (4 ps15 tops and 4 of the 18inch subs) for a void rig, he loves the void but i thought the nexo's sounded better.

I do fully understand that most of the time it is down to them not being set up properly and i have no doubt that void are very powerful, just have not heard a sweet sounding void system yet. Just my opinion.

Ps had a quick look online at voids site and i cant seem to see the speakers used. I know a few of my friends use the void subs that are 12 inch, on wheels and are very long and flat.

Tom
17-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Rubbish!

After hearing these at HTFR I find these a well balanced system - you maybe need a new pair of peepers.

I heard the Void Viper speakers at the latest SEDA show and I wad not impressed for a 6.5k + vat (I think). Sound just was just dull.

Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of time and effort had gone in to designing these cabs. They just don't do it for me

The Stasys Series how ever does sound very nice. :D

dmckaraoke
17-11-2009, 09:30 AM
You need to find someone who can get them at trade, which means finding your local sound and light chap and seeing what he can do.

Pair of XP15's on ebay. Bet you could get them for £2k with covers. Just need the subs then.

Subs cost £1300 each no cover or poles at that price ..covers cost £100 each and poles £50 each

Yeah called him..wants £2200 not anything less..he paid £2750 2 weeks ago and i spoke to the store in Doncaster to enquire about the subs and they wanted silly money for them...so best price for all 4 with covers and poles is still £5000.00

yourdj
17-11-2009, 11:07 AM
All i can say is thats allot of money for a sound system?

Is it worth it when there are good cheaper systems out there which are very good. Lets face it the punters have no idea about sound quality.

I can see the advantages of a Bose system or something for aesthetic reasons (as they look quite smart in a conference or something) or a system for a posh night club/big event where sound quality is key but the type of events i do, i cant (private functions and weddings).

an RCF system would suffice for me. Unfortunately im stuck with smart sound and tannoy for now.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I heard the Void Viper speakers at the latest SEDA show and I wad not impressed for a 6.5k + vat (I think). Sound just was just dull.

Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of time and effort had gone in to designing these cabs. They just don't do it for me

The Stasys Series how ever does sound very nice. :D

I agree - I actually thought the Baysys sounded better than the Viper too.

Penfold42
17-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I can see the advantages of a Bose system or something for aesthetic reasons (as they look quite smart in a conference or something)

:eek:

A1DL
17-11-2009, 12:13 PM
All i can say is thats allot of money for a sound system?

They are powered boxes therefore no amplifiers to buy and I'm guessing the price includes VAT.... so £5,000 all in is not really a lot of money for a decent sound system.

Lets face it the punters have no idea about sound quality.

Punters may not have any idea. Clients often do have an idea.

I can see the advantages of a Bose system or something for aesthetic reasons (as they look quite smart in a conference

Bose 802s were the staple of the conference market up until about 10 years ago. The conference sound market is now dominated by d&b audiotechnik.

or a system for a posh night club/big event

Bose don't make any products suitable for big events. Posh clubs? possibly some Bose products may be suitable for infills or in the chillout rooms/cloakrooms/toilets. They don't make any sound reinforcement products suitable for club danefloors.

Penfold42
17-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Bose don't make any products suitable for big events. Posh clubs? possibly some Bose products may be suitable for infills or in the chillout rooms/cloakrooms/toilets. They don't make any sound reinforcement products suitable for club danefloors.

LMFAO......:D

Paul James Promotions
17-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree - I actually thought the Baysys sounded better than the Viper too.

I would agree with that in terms of bass end. I have found that the step up from the Basys sub to the Viper sub is not that significant. However, the Viper mid/top is amazing loud and clear for it's size.

When experimenting a while back I tried 4 Basys subs with two viper mid/tops which made a lovely sounding system.

J

DJMaxG
18-11-2009, 02:17 AM

A Showman uses one on his 'reverse bungee', and it sounds pretty decent.

But they just seem to be getting smaller and smaller, I think My Local Pub have got one installed as well.

yourdj
18-11-2009, 07:44 AM
They are powered boxes therefore no amplifiers to buy and I'm guessing the price includes VAT.... so £5,000 all in is not really a lot of money for a decent sound system.

Punters may not have any idea. Clients often do have an idea.

Bose 802s were the staple of the conference market up until about 10 years ago. The conference sound market is now dominated by d&b audiotechnik.

im not just talking about Bose? im talking about spending £5,000 on a set 15 inch speakers.

I am simply saying that £5,000 seems allot for my application. :) half that amount would suffice for me (15 inch units).

I can see its advantages in the right application but not for my average venue thats all.

djtuffer
18-11-2009, 08:44 PM
£5K is a lot of cash. Do your homework and go for some listening test. You could get and HK Audio Actor DX for that which has 4x 15" subs. Something to consider

NKR
18-11-2009, 09:01 PM
im not just talking about Bose? im talking about spending £5,000 on a set 15 inch speakers.

I am simply saying that £5,000 seems allot for my application. :) half that amount would suffice for me (15 inch units).

I can see its advantages in the right application but not for my average venue thats all.

Its 5k for a full powered 15 tops and 18 subs. This is the pro audio market and thats what you pay. I am saving my pennies for one of these systems as they are incredible and worth every penny in my opinion.

visualdjmax
18-11-2009, 09:10 PM
EV ZX tops , EV SB 180 subs and some and some EV P3000 and you might have some change to buy the speaker poles.

A1DL
18-11-2009, 09:19 PM
£5K is a lot of cash.

agreed, but within pro audio it doesn't buy alot of gear.

NKR
18-11-2009, 09:20 PM
agreed, but within pro audio it doesn't buy alot of gear.
:agree:

dmckaraoke
18-11-2009, 11:49 PM

I would like to second that....

yourdj
19-11-2009, 06:40 AM

Did not read posts properly ;)

18 inch active subs then yes worth money :D