PDA

View Full Version : Nice try scammer!

Spirits High
17-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Been looking for a new car for a while and had a good browse through Auto trader and came up with an 03 plated Audi TT in black low miles , immaculate etc for .........£3000 :eek:

It had an email address but no phone number. I knew it would be a scam but was interested to find out the latest one being used.

So I emailed asking if it was for sale and got this reply :eek:

it's a bit long but It'll pull on your heart strings by the end of it :D

Hello there
Sorry for my late reply regarding my 2003 AUDI TT 6 SPEED 180BHP FSH,

My name is Ann Sándor
Please take some time to read this whole email with attention, because I want you to understand how this transaction will work.
I am writing you regarding the AUDI TT listed on autotrader. The car is still for sale and it is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior which is in excellent condition , never involved in any kind of accidents, non-smoking and has done 40,964 miles.

The car is located in Worcester locked in my garage and will come with full service history. Also TAX and MOT are valid until Sep 2010.

The price that I'm asking for the car is GBP 2900.

First, I want you to know that I lived in Worcester until 3 months ago, but now I'm in Hungary because I am pregnant and I have decided to give birth in my home country and raise my baby here in Debrecen, Hungary. I just opened a store in my home city Debrecen and I need a car here. I already found one here but I need to sell my car from UK first.

Few weeks ago someone saw the advert on autotrader and he told me he is very interested in buying it. I asked him if he has money available and to prove me, he showed me his bank statement, I believed him so I went to Worcester to make the transaction, but when I arrived I called him and he didn't answered me for 2 whole days. Finally, on third day he answered and told me that he spent his money on another car. He didn't even bothered to
come and see my car.

It's not about the money for the plane tickets but I lost 4 working days for nothing. I am a serious woman and I expect the same thing from a buyer, not like my last buyer that put a pregnant woman on roads for nothing (I'm pregnant in 5 month but for a man this is not a problem :)))) just a woman knows the truth ). Anyway it was his lost because my car is in great
condition.

I want to make sure that you really intend to buy my car because this time I will fly to Worcester only if I am sure I am dealing with a serious buyer with cash money available. It will be no problem for me if you just tell me that you don't want or can't buy the car. I just need to be sure that you have the money cash available to buy it.

To avoid coming to UK for nothing again and to be sure that you have cash available to buy my car, the best way for both of us it's to transfer the whole amount of GBP 2900 ON YOUR NAME to Worcester, using MoneyGram. You could ask a relative or a friend to help you with this and send your money from his name to your name in Worcester. You control the money, since you are the Receiver and your friend or relative is the Sender, and this way I can verify to see if you are a serious buyer with money available, also I'll be
sure that you will come in Worcester to meet me, because once the money is sent to you there , you have to be in Worcester to pick them up. Once I successfully verify the transfer with MoneyGram i will fly back home and meet you to complete the deal in person.

f you are still interested to make the deal with me please reply so we can start the ball rolling to set up my trip back to UK.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers

Moral of the story well actually there's two :eek:

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is ;)

And

For our Forum members in the Worcester area getting checking those locked garages , you may just find yourselves a Immaculate TT.....or maybe not!

rob1963
17-11-2009, 11:29 AM
:rofl:

Thanks for posting that, Paul.

It's the best read I've had in ages!

Her story has more holes than a sieve!

The most obvious one being why didn't she sell the car 3 months ago BEFORE going back to Hungary?

It certainly would have saved her a lot of time, money & hassle!

:Laugh:

Penfold42
17-11-2009, 11:32 AM
....so did you buy the car then? :sj:

Marc J
17-11-2009, 12:04 PM
A well known scam - asks you for a scan of the moneygram receipt to get all the details from it, then knocks up a quick fake ID, walks in and claims it for himself :eek:

Excalibur
17-11-2009, 09:20 PM
A well known scam - asks you for a scan of the moneygram receipt to get all the details from it, then knocks up a quick fake ID, walks in and claims it for himself :eek:

Yeah but Paul's an ugly male midlander, and she's a heavily pregnant Hungarian! :confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D :D

Penfold42
17-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah but Paul's an ugly male midlander, and she's a heavily pregnant Hungarian! :confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D :D

:rofl:

Spirits High
17-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Oi,

I'm only lodging up here til I'm allowed back down Souf :p :p :D

DeckstarDeluxe
18-11-2009, 01:47 AM
thats the cheapest mid life crisis Ive seen in awhile paul ;)

shouldnt you be buying a volvo? ;)

Spirits High
18-11-2009, 06:44 AM
thats the cheapest mid life crisis Ive seen in awhile paul ;)

shouldnt you be buying a volvo? ;)

Mid life???

You know me better than that, Volvo....think not :p :D