PDA

View Full Version : Another Web Feedback Please!

Gareth
18-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi there guys n gals!

Well the name says it all really. I am creating a new site and would love some feedback as to how you think it looks and feels. I am not too concerned with the text at the moment as this is just to fill the gaps and to get a feel (including the main body and left-hand side news panel.)

Just a bit of background which you may of read if you read my introduction, this site is meant to be appealing to the younger generation as the majority of my clients are >25 years of age.

Please note that many of the links aren't working at the moment but the working links include the home page, blog, quotation and booking form (the booking form is not there though at this point in time!)

New Site: www.ptwnparties.com (http://www.ptwnparties.com/index.php)

Just to compare (:Embarassed:) my old site: www.ptwnparties.info (http://www.ptwnparties.info/index123.php)

Cheers Guys

Gareth

Charlie Brown
18-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Doesn't work....

visualdjmax
18-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Does this end!

Gareth
18-11-2009, 12:11 AM
:confused: The links are definatly correct?! Did you click the link or copy and paste the link?

Clicking the link will only work at the moment as the site is not technically live.

Thanks for looking

Gareth

Booche
18-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Abit earrly to say buddy but on the menu there is some unfinished text at the bottom also nearrlly all the links i pressed wasnt done :( will try and feedback more info when abit more is done mate

Cheers Dave :)

Chris1984
18-11-2009, 06:58 AM
menu links dont work

yourdj
18-11-2009, 07:05 AM
yep dont work.

one thing i would say is the pitures look like your in your bedroom.

Might be worth doing a gig in a pub or something for free to get some good pictures?
Nice layout though and i like the personal touch. Nice to see a clean modern site.

also are you using serato? stick the logo and laptop image up there as some may see you as old fashioned possibly?
- make a point of saying your using a combination of classic control with modern technology maybe?

Gareth
18-11-2009, 07:32 AM
menu links dont work

yep dont work.

Please note that many of the links aren't working at the moment but the working links include the home page, blog, quotation and booking form (the booking form is not there though at this point in time!)
:D ;)

For the pics will defo consider that - I wasent to sure on them my self. One of the problems I feel will be is that if I put a picture of a gig in those places, it is going to be no where near as clean but I will defo try it!

also are you using serato? stick the logo and laptop image up there as some may see you as old fashioned possibly?
- make a point of saying your using a combination of classic control with modern technology maybe?

For the viynls I am using Traktor Scratch. To be honest I don't really use them that much now though. I use VDJ mainly with controller.

I will definatley use this idea though when I build the 'Parties' Page for the young guns to so they don't think I am mixing ye olde viynls! I will probably use some screenshots from VDJ aswell. I would not go as far as to say I will use shots from DasLight because I don't think the GP would understand!

Cheers Again

Gareth

StarZSoundS
18-11-2009, 07:35 AM
HHHHHeeeeLLLLLppppp.

This house renovation i'm doing is taking over my life.Please tell me your partners name isn't really....Dawson(Doors/On) Bannister....no wonder you lead with House Parties.

Gotta be a stage name!!??

Gareth
18-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Haha believe it or not that is his real name!

Scottish family with the names :

-Dawson Bannister
- Gibson Bannister
- Francis Bannister
- Kenneth Bannister

Hows that for a selection of names :D

Gareth

StarZSoundS
18-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Haha believe it or not that is his real name!

Scottish family with the names :

-Dawson Bannister
- Gibson Bannister
- Francis Bannister
- Kenneth Bannister

Hows that for a selection of names :D

Gareth

It amazes me how cruel parents can be to thier children.There is woman down my street expecting a little girl....A Mrs Bell.

They are honestly thinking of calling her Dora:bang:

Marc J
18-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't like it, I actually prefer the old one.

Just don't port over the use of the email address "[email protected]". If I was thinking of booking you, seeing that as your email address would be a complete 180° turn :eek:

yourdj
18-11-2009, 10:42 AM
yep dont work.

one thing i would say is the pitures look like your in your bedroom.

Since my original post was edited as i assume it was a bit negative i would add that it would benefit you if you had some good pics of you djing instead of looking like a business tycoon as thats what you do best. Make sure you smile too. (is that better).

People will warm to you as you dont look like the stereotypical mobile dj. :)

stick in the tractor screen shots with people dancing. like this:

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/IMAGES/yourdj10.jpg

Gareth
18-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Since my original post was edited as i assume it was a bit negative i would add that it would benefit you if you had some good pics of you djing instead of looking like a business tycoon as thats what you do best. Make sure you smile too. (is that better).

People will warm to you as you dont look like the stereotypical mobile dj. :)

stick in the tractor screen shots with people dancing. like this:

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/IMAGES/yourdj10.jpg

How do I remove your watermark? Only Joking!

As I said I am all for feedback and I know alot of the site is not done but this is why I posted it for feedback now. I don't want to finish the whole thing and find out it is no good!

As for the e-mail address OMFG I cannot believe I used it somewhere! I have several forwarders ([email protected] etc.) Where did you find that sorry?

Cheers

Gareth

Marc J
18-11-2009, 11:41 AM
As for the e-mail address OMFG I cannot believe I used it somewhere! I have several forwarders ([email protected] etc.) Where did you find that sorry?

On your old site: http://www.ptwnparties.info/contact.php

Dynamic Entertainment
19-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I too prefer your old sites colourscheme and layout (except the header picture) :)...not very helpful eh :o

Gareth
20-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Out of interest, does the old site have white 'strips' down the sides of the site for anyone?

Cheers

Gareth

Marc J
20-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Out of interest, does the old site have white 'strips' down the sides of the site for anyone?

White, blue and grey vertical stripes down each side.